What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Dgas47

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Nov 28, 2018
McKees Rocks, PA, USA
Added some work lights that I had had laying around the garage. Used magnetic mounts so that I could move them front to back or any other place I needed. Finished it off with a waterproof in dash switch.

Also messed around with IBC totes and firewood. The tote pictured is just under 1/4 cord of beech wood. My B2601 will lift it to 4 feet high so I could stack totes if needed. But I will just line then up on the wood line as shown. I think I'm also going to cut the top off the plastic liner and use that to cover the top of the wood while it seasons.

Attachments

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I pulled the L3301 into the heated shop to hit the zerts on the snowblower, front power angle snow blade, and the FEL. Good thing, while doing so I noticed I had a leak from a fitting and was losing hyd. fluid at a rate just low enough for me not to notice when operating but REAL obvious on the shop's concrete floor! I had leaked enough for it to show on the dipstick, so I am glad I (finally) noticed it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It wasn't today, but a month ago I used the tractor to move a big landscape rock.
That gave me room to dig up a planter (badly compacted, hard soil) that I am going plant with a Ficus & some rose bushes. After breaking it all loose, I stirred in 8 bags of manure. Also dug two tree holes in the narrow part of the planter. (not pictured)
Last pic shows the job supervisor overseeing my work.

Attachments

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
It wasn't today, but a month ago I used the tractor to move a big landscape rock.

That gave me room to dig up a planter (badly compacted, hard soil) that I am going plant with a Ficus & some rose bushes. After breaking it all loose, I stirred in 8 bags of manure. Also dug two tree holes in the narrow part of the planter. (not pictured)

Last pic shows the job supervisor overseeing my work.
That tractor is tiny, but perfectly matched for your property and the jobs you're doing with it. Almost makes me want to get a second tractor that size for my place in the suburbs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That tractor is tiny, but perfectly matched for your property and the jobs you're doing with it. Almost makes me want to get a second tractor that size for my place in the suburbs
It normally lives & works at my place in the high country which is 3.6 acres;
it's unusual for it to visit my place in the city.
The little beastie normally tackles bigger jobs like this:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21954&highlight=driveway

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I'm just North East of you Mister and I'm on 12 acres, I have the same tractor size (just a newer HST version) as Lilfoot, these little tractors are beasts, they move snow like they were specifically made for doing it, and dirt work is no problem at all! ;)

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
I'm just North East of you Mister and I'm on 12 acres, I have the same tractor size (just a newer HST version) as Lilfoot, these little tractors are beasts, they move snow like they were specifically made for doing it, and dirt work is no problem at all! ;)
Nice area of the planet, isn't it? Sounds like a fun little tractor

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
It normally lives & works at my place in the high country which is 3.6 acres;

it's unusual for it to visit my place in the city.

The little beastie normally tackles bigger jobs like this:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21954&highlight=driveway
That's cool. Nice place you got there. I've got 20 acres, and it's heavily wooded with very large pine trees. At times I use every bit of the 61 horses my MX5800 has, but I'm intrigued with the idea of an additional tractor like yours for the city house. It's probably me trying to still have a tractor to tinker with and use when I'm not up on the property

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nothing.

Let it run up to operating temperature in the garage, and then watched the Mecum tractor auction on RFDTV together out there...[emoji41]

With the blower on, it’s not too handy for anything else and all we have is mud....

I’m okay with that!![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Nothing.

Let it run up to operating temperature in the garage.

With the blower on, it’s not too handy for anything else and all we have is mud....

I’m okay with that!![emoji41]

Yep, that's the worst about the front mount blower, hard to do anything else with the tractor. That being said I was real happy to have it on this morning, 2.5 hours of clearing snow. The good news was the road was froze underneath.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep, that's the worst about the front mount blower, hard to do anything else with the tractor. That being said I was real happy to have it on this morning, 2.5 hours of clearing snow. The good news was the road was froze underneath.

Oh, you bet! We’ve only gotten a couple shots before anything froze.
I’m still wondering if my UHMW liners will work, because I couldn’t run the blower much. You can tell stone was getting shoved around.....

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Oh, you bet! We’ve only gotten a couple shots before anything froze.
I’m still wondering if my UHMW liners will work, because I couldn’t run the blower much. You can tell stone was getting shoved around.....

Keep your fingers crossed brother, be great if it works. If it does I'll go wider than what I had.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Keep your fingers crossed brother, be great if it works. If it does I'll go wider than what I had.
Hoping for the best, my friend!:D

The welded-on wide Orange "plates" were added to the bottom of the OEM shoes a couple years ago. They help, but not when stone is so soft/wet with 8" of snow on top...

I also added the UHMW under those for this season, hoping I don't tear up my new paver patio..... or get torn off... :p

This thread is for the UHMW addition, as you suggested a while ago, but also links to my first mod to make the shoes wider/longer:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38260&highlight=bx2750d+shoe

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You may need a bevel on the front edge of your shoe. You might be able to take a piece of 1/4" bar about 1" wide x length req'd. and weld on at a 45deg angle.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You may need a bevel on the front edge of your shoe. You might be able to take a piece of 1/4" bar about 1" wide x length req'd. and weld on at a 45deg angle.
Unfortunately, I didn't say the photo was from the backside of the shoe....my bad....:eek:

I did make the first steel extensions like a wide ski, with a short bevel in the front. You can't see the front...it's tucked under the bottom of the blower. They have taken a beating for 2 seasons...

The configuration was shown in my the links to my project threads.

I beveled the UHMW liners to follow the angle of the leading edge of the shoes.

They are mounted to add another 1/2" to the shoe, and also (hopefully) to not tear up the paver patio I made this past summer. Lot of sweat and blood went into that....

Last edited: