What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Installed a Bercomac vinyl cab on the little beast this weekend. Had to remake rear vertical pipes taller and with an offset to get in front of the ROPS.

Cab Mounted.jpg

Once we get past mud and the ground freezes up I will swap from FEL to snowblower.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Installed a Bercomac vinyl cab on the little beast this weekend. Had to remake rear vertical pipes taller and with an offset to get in front of the ROPS.

View attachment 39352

Once we get past mud and the ground freezes up I will swap from FEL to snowblower.
What do you think of your Bercomac cab? Do you like it?

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA

View attachment 39352

This is perfect, how much did it cost you? Iv been looking for a low budget cab just to use for plowing in the winter, I’m sick I freezing already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
This is perfect, how much did it cost you? Iv been looking for a low budget cab just to use for plowing in the winter, I’m sick I freezing already!

It is a universal cab for lawn and garden tractors. A little short for the BX. I remade the rear uprights (1/2" EMT) to be taller and shift it forward of the ROPS. For $300 it should keep the blowing snow off me while using the snow blower. Test will come this winter.

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
Moved dirt for about 4 hours for the berm @ my shooting range. Picked up some fire wood for the OWB and moved some implements out of the way.

Attachments

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
Not quite sure why pic turned sideways?

tor

Jun 25, 2009
SC
Chipping for 4-5 hours in the rain. Remnants from Florence. Back in the work shop to clean her up.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yes, he has a bale spike on the loader. He can lower the spike, keeping the spike parallel to the ground and the bottom square tubing of the frame can set right on the ground. He can point the spike up a tad and lower the frame gently and have pretty good resistance.

Looks like he might have 10 big rounds. They look tightly wrapped, so they could easily be 1200-1400# each! But even 8 bales and 1000# is tough to stop!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks, Cat. I was wondering what that weighed.
Local young maple guy came by couple years ago with a flat rack/running gear with 2,000 (?) gallon poly tank almost full of sap behind a John Deere 730 NFE circa 1959-1960.

Sap was rolling around the round tank....was probably 8-9 feet tall.

All I could think was how’s he gonna stop that??
He did....

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hauling round bales from last cut.

I have the same setup you do. I took my rear mount round bale spear and welded a 2-5/16" ball on top to tote my tri-axle Kaufman gooseneck around. I've loaded 20 4x5 rounds on and went down the road (carefully). I run a double spear in the front and the single in the back, I usually use the 105 for that but I have used the M9000 too. Don't do that much anymore. I have one hay customer and he buys all the rounds I can run (minus 20 for my stock) and he drops his trailers in the field, I load them, he straps them down and off he goes. Pays me at years end. for the rounds, in cash. Took e a few years to develop that relationship. I'm a one man 2 tractor forage grower. NH Discbine, Pequa rotary rake, Pequa tedder and a NH roll belt twine / net bailer. and a NH 575 square baler with kicker that stays in the barn now. Lets not forget the 150 gallon sprayer and the rotary granular fertilizer spreader. Nothing better than haying in an air conditioned cab with the CD blasting out some good Country Western music. When I started haying, I did it with an open station. I learned real quick that the climate controlled cabs made for a much better workday.

My real lesson in open versus closed station came when bailing corn stalks under contract. I was as black as the dirt when I got done. Made up my mind right then and there that I'd be in a cab tractor so I sold the OS tractor and bought my 2 Kubby's.

2 years ago I baled wheat straw in small squares for the county road comission. I baled 4500 squares in one day with the 575, only stopping to fill the twine box. (6 balls). All on the ground (had the kicker off). Nice straight 1/2 mile rows. Glad I didn't have to pick them up. Best money day I ever had. After fuel, twine and expenses, I cleared over 1500 bucks.

Started at sunrise and finished just after sundown.

Right now, hay around here is hitting 10 bucks a small square but I don't miss the handling. Rounds are better and less work, but less money too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Doesn't look like his loader is even on the tractor. He's got a hay implement
The loader is on the tractor, it just doesn't have a bucket, it has a bale spike.

Front end is bobbing in the wind, he would have been much smarter to keep one bale on the spear as a front weight!

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
TexasBoy, do you have to drop your loader as a brake assist when trying to stop that size of load?
Not sure what you mean by "drop your loader". Do you mean lower the spear closer to the ground? I was moving some rolls from one pasture to another and just put that bale spear on the front and trailer mover on the back to expedite things. As for stopping, I only move slow in 4x4 & low gear, and even then it was only one pasture to the other, not over the road.

https://www.palletforks.com/tractor...bale-spear-attachment-3-000-lbs-capacity.html

https://www.palletforks.com/three-point-hay-attachment-gooseneck-tractor-trailer-hitch.html

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use a rear mount penetrator spear with a ball welded on the top. I believe in double duty attachments. My only issue with a cab is my turning radius. My goose has an upper and lower deck so I have to be careful when turning or the corner of the upper deck contacts the back of the cab. I just keep an eye on it and I don't turn tight.

The guy I bought my county plow delivered it this morning. It's a big one, 8.5 feet wide with power angle. I need to change out the couplers from flat face Bobcat style to JD. One swipe driveways now. Probably get sucked into doing the road too.