What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Got around to repairing the cracked cross member welds with help from a professional welder friend. Cut out the lower cross member, welded in patches,welded in reinforcing plates then the cross member again with gussets.

Then welded some steps on the bottom of the loader towers to give me an extra step up. Next step painting.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Bearbait,
Thanks for the laugh!

It's amazing what we're forced to patch up on our own, to avoid a 6-8 hr wait in the ER...... And that's if it's open the day you need it! I'm down in Shelburne, our ER is closed at least 4-5 days a month lately. I hear you guys aren't much better off up there.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Put on my 10 foot snowplow, took some pictures and started a thread about it.:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
my arms were getting tired and without thinking I lowered the saw and got too close to my leg
Like you recommended to sheepfarmer earlier on her Fence thread...it's often when you get tired....great advice...

I had a new chainsaw buddy 30 years ago. He had a nice 70 acre woodlot. Was helping him clear old wood roads....turn back toward him and he's dropping his britches....sight slash of his thigh from the 'saw...

It takes no time...he was getting tired.....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I decided to just crazy glue the incision back together instead of enduring the long wait at the ER. Seemed to work quite well until I tried to take my fingers away and that is when I realized I had gotten some glue on my finger and thumb so there I was with my pants around my ankles and my finger and thumb stuck to my leg, dilemma!
In the same vein:
During my first 3rd shift as captain of the company fire department, I got a call of a medical/chemical emergency in the production assembly area. They had recently begun using cyanoacrylates (crazy glue) for some assemblies. A sitting woman had broken the tube & had glue all over her hands, and touched her eyelid with her right index finger, gluing it fast. Her supervisor came up behind her to help, reached over the top, grabbed her hand, and promptly glued both of his hands to hers, which was glued to her eyelid. I arrived just in time to stop an employee from pouring a 2 1/2 gal bucket of acetone over her head. Knowing there was almost nothing I could do, I called for the pros and taped them into a single unit so her eyelid would remain intact. The paramedics later informed me that took a surgeon over an hour to separate then with a scalpel.
Hardest part for me & the paramedics was to keep from cracking up.:)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bearbait,
Thanks for the laugh!

It's amazing what we're forced to patch up on our own, to avoid a 6-8 hr wait in the ER...... And that's if it's open the day you need it! I'm down in Shelburne, our ER is closed at least 4-5 days a month lately. I hear you guys aren't much better off up there.
Yep, same thing here and getting worst.

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
And shimmed relief for higher hydraulic pressure.
dbarefoot, how did you like the results and just wondering if you had to take the BH off to get better access to the pressure relief valve or did you leave it on? I ordered my kit last week as well as some new bucket hooks so in preparation I decided to paint my bucket and I already had my tooth bar off from the other week so I just painted that as well, also I see you put spacers on, have you had a chance to try them out yet?

dbarefoot

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 7, 2018
Salem, AL
dbarefoot, how did you like the results and just wondering if you had to take the BH off to get better access to the pressure relief valve or did you leave it on? I ordered my kit last week as well as some new bucket hooks so in preparation I decided to paint my bucket and I already had my tooth bar off from the other week so I just painted that as well, also I see you put spacers on, have you had a chance to try them out yet?
I dropped the BH off to access the pressure relief. It just makes it easier to get to it with a socket and extension.

I almost rolled my BX the first night I was using it to back fill a retaining wall I built behind my swimming pool. I hit soft spot of ground and the front right wheel sank in and the BX flipped up sideways. Somehow it came back down and I just made sure to stay away from that spot the rest of the backfill. So, I immediately ordered the spacers just to be on the safe side. I have used it a lot since adding the 3" wheels spacers. And it definitely makes it seem more stabile. But, I also try to be extra careful now, since the first night's pucker factor...LOL

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I dropped the BH off to access the pressure relief. It just makes it easier to get to it with a socket and extension.

I almost rolled my BX the first night I was using it to back fill a retaining wall I built behind my swimming pool. I hit soft spot of ground and the front right wheel sank in and the BX flipped up sideways. Somehow it came back down and I just made sure to stay away from that spot the rest of the backfill. So, I immediately ordered the spacers just to be on the safe side. I have used it a lot since adding the 3" wheels spacers. And it definitely makes it seem more stabile. But, I also try to be extra careful now, since the first night's pucker factor...LOL
Yeah, I have had a few bad pucker moments and its funny but the worst I had was at the top of my driveway which isn't that hilly, I was prepping it for a delivery of crusher and I was removing a high spot and I had the same thing happen, I hit a soft spot with a front wheel and it started to go over but the loader was low enough that it stopped me. On a side note I'm not sure if you have yet purchased the under body armor but it is legit necessary, I ran my BX over a year with the factory skid plate with no issue even though every one on this site warned me and one day in the woods I had it happen, a stick went past the factory skid plate and right into my HST fan and sheared all of the fins off, service info says you need to split the tractor to replace it and I was fortunate enough to only have to unbolt the motor off the mounts and slide it a few inches forward to make enough room but it was still a decent amount of work, I did not buy the BXpanded armor afterwards because I looked at it and welded up my own similar skid plate and have had no issue (knock on wood) so far but without any aftermarket armor/skid plates you are begging for problems.

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Oh and as I mentioned before, since it is new years and I have the day off, here is my freshly painted bucket and tooth bar
[/IMG]

pinstripefan90

Equipment
Sep 8, 2017
New York
Already put the Bxpanded skid plate on mine..

Did you paint your tooth bar?
Yeah, I had the day off so I pained the bucket and the tooth bar, they will get worn again but once a year I like to clean it up and paint them, I would like to eventually clean, grind and paint the backhoe bucket too but I haven't gotten to it yet.