What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn

Reactions: 1 user

damnnissans

Equipment
B6100DT, Ford 4500 TLB, Too Many Gravely WBHs
Dec 17, 2011
New Windsor, Md
picked up a flail mower this past saturday, "runs great" so after tearing the super stuck bearings out of it yesterday, today I dropped them off at the auto parts store to let them hunt some down.

Not physically on my b6100, but related I guess...

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Picked up a chunk of aluminum to make an adapter so I can put that PITA huge water temp sender on the upper water neck. I also decided on a method repairing those stripped threads now I just need some time.

"Runs Great!" heh. My tractor was only suppose to need a steering box rebuild and a reverse gear. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I did was pat her hood after I got back from the Docs,,, freekin cold flu what ever it is,, and if the weather keeps going like this I have to put the mower deck back on soon

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I stood beside mine and shook my head at a low front tire. Guess I'll have to tube it.

Does that count??

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Yep that counts,have you tried that green slime stuff? It worked on my front that kept going down.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Yes I did try that green slime. That's what is so disheartening about it. Now, in the cold I have to jack it up, take the front wheel weight off, remove the wheel and then put a tube in. Already had to do the mate back when warmer. Figures one of them would catch me. I used almost a whole bottle of slime but wonder if the FWA causes the sidewall to flex to much to stay sealed. I'm not sure in my own head that it's a fair comparison or not. A 2wd tire doesn't have the same forces exerted upon them.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
My Kuno got his new hydraulic snowblade at his nose! :D

Now he sits outside with a look in the sky - waiting.

der carl

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
After reading the outside temp (-16C), I started my B6100. Glowing for 30 sec was good enough. I hooked up an old trailer to transport away junk. It is a 2 km drive (one way). Full ice, so it was an interesting drive. Coming back after 1 hour it was obvious that blue jeans was a bad choice...Anyway, my Kubota was working in the cold.
That was my day.

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
I fiilled the front left tire as it has a nice rim leak. Then I washed her.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Ouch! Lil Foot :eek: I feel your pain.
I did a bit of grading today and found out I need some weight in the front real bad. I let the box get to full of gravel then raised it to high and the front end went up at least two feet. Kinda spooked me, I guess I will get the hang of it soon. Later as I put her up I stood there and admired how good the new ROPS look on her. Now off to get some dinner.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Ran one of ours as it's been to muddy to get anything out of the barn.

jtherrien

Jan 25, 2012
merrimack, NH
I flushed the radiator....while changing the hoses discovered a ton of sludge in the cooling system

Oh, and I sanded the hood and got it ready for paint.

CAE

Equipment
B7100
Dec 28, 2011
Evergreen, Colorado
I finished installing my oil pressure gauge, 35 psi @ idle 45 psi above idle,
I'm happy with that, my Kubota has been rode hard and put away wet before I got it.
My re-wiring repairs worked good, many of the old wires were melted together
so I gutted it and used the search forums and wiring diagrams to fix it.
My Dynamo now puts out 13.2 V @ idle and 14.5V above idle, so today was a
good day!
CAE

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Had my son put out some hay for me while I was finishing the welding on the thumb I put on my trackhoe. Even though I didn't use it personally I guess that still counts.
Here lately I've been spending more time on my bobcat than anything but at least it is Kubota powered.