Recovered B8200 - Found abandoned

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks! I’ll dig deeper soon. Starting to see some time freeing up here in the near future to get back to the project. I have to walk by the thing every time I go to get any tools. It’s torture because I’m excited to see what comes next now that I have it running.
View attachment 98707

I have a couple of leaks that are contributing to why the machine has no hydraulic fluid on the dipstick.
View attachment 98708
This is the 3-point hitch lever area:
View attachment 98709
Don't be overly concerned about those leaks. They keep the rust down! ;)

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Reminds me of the old Harley-Davidson saying "If it ain't leaking oil, it must be out of oil" One of my old service managers determined if it was a warranty leak by 3 drops within a hour on the ground!!!!! She quickly pissed off a few customer's. I would get the tractor running and do a few projects with it before fixing everything as some seals will seal back up with use. Or use degreaser and wash it very good(careful with pressure washer if using(replaced a few fuse boxes due to a inexperienced detailer), then you will be able to see how bad that leak/seep really is. Buddy has a Lexus with 200k that has a leaking VVT camshaft seal leak. Book time was like 16 hours to replace seal, leak was not that bad after that quote to fix.

Reactions: 2 users

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Loader works! But I have an issue. Do they still sell these steel hydraulic lines?
DBC3DF81-DCD1-4332-B266-D3CFC23EEAD6.jpeg

It looks like one of the previous owners had tied chains around the loader, crossmember and crushed the lines. But just as well it appears that they have been rusty, and eventually gave out.

E91BEF1A-F373-4435-AA55-A92D975B1010.jpeg

86831F02-96C6-4049-B8FE-B0008559D0C4.jpeg

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
If they don’t sell these hydraulic steel lines anymore, I may have to get my son to cut and TIG in replacements sections.

On another note… Dot The 3- point hitch does not come up .👎🏻 Maybe I just don’t know how to work it, but when I lift the crescent wrench lever, it just groans.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
If they don’t sell these hydraulic steel lines anymore, I may have to get my son to cut and TIG in replacements sections.

On another note… Dot The 3- point hitch does not come up .👎🏻 Maybe I just don’t know how to work it, but when I lift the crescent wrench lever, it just groans.
My guess would be, IF, they are available once you see the price you will decide to fix them.

Reactions: 2 users

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Great work, what did you have to do to get it running, the injection pump was bad?
Basically, I think the problem was that I did not have it completely bled. I must admit it did take quite a bit of cranking. It had fuel returning back to the tank and still it wasn’t bled. 🙄 It was throwing me off but it finally cleared up and it runs nicely actually.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
It took 2 1/2 gallons of hydraulic fluid today just to get it to start to show on the dipstick.
I ended up leaking a quart out while testing the loader.

What leaked little milky, so I suspect that I have to drain the whole thing to get water out of it and refill it.

I noticed that they do have the steel hydraulic lines available on Messicks. It looks like all four of them will run about $700 before tax and shipping. My plan is to find one or two that are currently leaking and just replace those for now. If it turns out to be a permanent fixture around here, I’ll end up replacing the other ones I’m sure.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I would think it a bad idea to try to "tig in replacements"
A local hydraulics shop could make those lines for you, or depending on your own capabilities you could make them.

It took 2 1/2 gallons of hydraulic fluid today just to get it to start to show on the dipstick.

What leaked little milky, so I suspect that I have to drain the whole thing to get water out of it and refill it.

I noticed that they do have the steel hydraulic lines available on Messicks. It looks like all four of them will run about $700 before tax and shipping. My plan is to find one or two that are currently leaking and just replace those for now. If it turns out to be a permanent fixture around here, I’ll end up replacing the other ones I’m sure.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT

Give that leaked oil a day to settle out, this will let you know if the oil was just aerated or actually contains water.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You need to find a shop that has a hydraulic tubing bender and bring them an old one to duplicate. I had a problem with my Mercedes that had hydraulic shocks that were powered by the power steering pump and the pipe was crushed in an accident. The body shop repaired the body damage, but I had to take the car to an MB dealership about 100 miles away that had the equipment to bend the new pipe. MB in their infinite wisdom only provided a straight pipe with the nuts and flair on the ends and needed to be bent to get it into the vehicle.

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas

My B1630 loader was in the same state as this one is - crushed and rusty lines. I'm using this as an opportunity to learn a new skill and to bend and flare some new stainless lines with new fittings. I'm basically rebuilding the loader hydraulics from scratch and reusing the arms, uprights, and bucket.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My B1630 loader was in the same state as this one is - crushed and rusty lines. I'm using this as an opportunity to learn a new skill and to bend and flare some new stainless lines with new fittings. I'm basically rebuilding the loader hydraulics from scratch and reusing the arms, uprights, and bucket.
"Vevor" pipe/tubing bender ...$130 - Amazon
Will make perfect SS tubing bends.
Well worth the price, compared to paying someone else for hyd. lines.

Last edited:

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Since some of those hard lines meet steel blocks at either end of that middle section, it should be fairly easy to repair those by welding fittings to the steel blocks (which will be much easier to weld to since they have a lot more mass) and then just doing some good old hydraulic flare fittings on some new straight sections of hard line.

Or, to be honest, you COULD just weld fittings to those blocks and replace the middle sections with pre-made hose! You would just want to install a hard cover (4" steel channel is my first thought) to prevent them from being cut by a load falling on them.

And.. honestly.. lol.. you probably could just tap npt threads into those blocks and then just screw in NPT fittings to them instead of welding anything at all!

I love my b8200 loader. It'll be worth it!

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
UPDATE:::::

Over the past 3-4 weeks progress has been made. I ended up taking the steel lines and related hydraulic hoses, the control the bucket of President scoop and dump functions down to the hydraulic line store and getting them completely rebuilt all new. $700 later and the loader is fully functional and working. About 1/2 of the grease zerts I have tried to live are rusted and locked. Will need to replace these.

I drain the entire hydraulic system, clean the screen, and refilled with all new fluid. So the hydraulic system is working really well. I was able to fix the leak down at the screen by simply tightening the nut fully. 🙄

The gear selector boot had dry rotted and cracked, which was what I think caused water to get down inside the transmission. I put a new boot on and have sealed that up.

The steering has a tremendous amount of play in it. Any idea on what I could do to tighten this up? Also, do you know if there is a power steering add on kit?

The only thing that’s not functioning is the three point hitch. I’ve tried everything, and it simply does not come up. It is in the fully down position. I noticed that there is a directional valve nut that you can turn, which seems to control the hydraulics. I played around with it in a matter which way I turn it, it does not lift the three point hitch. I’m not sure where to leave and start to look to start to chase this down. I am only interested in keeping this tractor for mowing if I could get the 3-point hitch to function. Any ideas?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Need some pictures of how the loader hydraulics are hooked up to it.

There was a PS add on for that model but it's long obsolete.
There are some things you could add to it, but they are not a simple bolt on unit.

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
UPDATE:::::

Over the past 3-4 weeks progress has been made. I ended up taking the steel lines and related hydraulic hoses, the control the bucket of President scoop and dump functions down to the hydraulic line store and getting them completely rebuilt all new. $700 later and the loader is fully functional and working. About 1/2 of the grease zerts I have tried to live are rusted and locked. Will need to replace these.

I drain the entire hydraulic system, clean the screen, and refilled with all new fluid. So the hydraulic system is working really well. I was able to fix the leak down at the screen by simply tightening the nut fully. 🙄

The gear selector boot had dry rotted and cracked, which was what I think caused water to get down inside the transmission. I put a new boot on and have sealed that up.

The steering has a tremendous amount of play in it. Any idea on what I could do to tighten this up? Also, do you know if there is a power steering add on kit?

The only thing that’s not functioning is the three point hitch. I’ve tried everything, and it simply does not come up. It is in the fully down position. I noticed that there is a directional valve nut that you can turn, which seems to control the hydraulics. I played around with it in a matter which way I turn it, it does not lift the three point hitch. I’m not sure where to leave and start to look to start to chase this down. I am only interested in keeping this tractor for mowing if I could get the 3-point hitch to function. Any ideas?
This is a cool thread, been watching.
As for power steering, on my old Fords it became second nature to use the brakes to help steer. A lot of weight on the back helps too.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
This is a cool thread, been watching.
As for power steering, on my old Fords it became second nature to use the brakes to help steer. A lot of weight on the back helps too.
Thanks. I can get over not having power steering BUT the play in the steering has got to go. From 10 o’clock to 2 o’clock. I don’t have the three point hitch working yet so I’m not able to use it for mowing but I can only imagine what it would be like trying to drive around trees on our property mowing with this much play.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Update…..
I took the little tractor to a local Shadetree tractor mechanic who is strong on hydraulic repairs. We were able to finally get the necessary part to fix the relief valve assembly and the three point hitch is now working. It’s quite a story and I’ll come back and tell it to everybody as soon as I get through the next hurdle….

We’ve noticed that the hydraulic pump produces good volume but there is a lack of power and so I’m looking to replace the hydraulic pump. Any recommendations on where to find a good aftermarket pump if there is such a thing?

Also, still need to chase out the steering play on this B8200 non-hydrostatic tractor if anybody has any experience?

Last edited: