Ukraine

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I believe that Russia will end up occupying Ukraine with a puppet government and troops for a long period. And Russia will pay a high price because Ukrainians will take potshots and bomb the occupiers. Over time this will take a toll on Russian society as the costs and casualties add up. Perhaps the Russian citizens will demand a new government and an end to the occupation. This won’t be quick, but it sure seems like Ukrainians are determined to defend and liberate their country.
Sure would be fun to go Russian tank, truck convoy, & armored personnel carrier hunting over there.
At age 81 with 6 years of prior Navy flying, and 30,000+ total flight hours, what would have I to loose?
Just give me a Wart Hog, some rockets, lotsa 30mm, several weeks of training, and I would volunteer to go in a heartbeat!
It would feel good to know that at the end of life, I was able to provide meaningful help to those in critical need.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Sure would be fun to go Russian tank hunting over there.
At age 81 with 6 years of prior Navy flying, and 30,000+ total flight hours, what would have I to loose?
Just give me a Wart Hog, some rockets, lotsa 30mm, several weeks of training, and I would volunteer to go in a heartbeat!
It would feel good to know that at the end of life, I was able to provide meaningful help to those in critical need.
The world needs to collaborate on decapitating Russian government. It seems like most Russian people don’t support this war and it would end if Putin and his government yes men were eliminated.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
This has been in the Russian plans for a long time.

Ukraine used to be part of the USSR and he wants it back for a lot of reasons. Had a russian girlfriend for about 2 years; learned a LOT more about them than I really needed to know.

The bigger problem is China. China and Russia are allies. If the USA were to retailiate against the Russians over Ukraine, China could very likely back the Russians. Now think on that a while. How'd China get as rich as they are?

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

Ukraine used to be part of the USSR and he wants it back for a lot of reasons. Had a russian girlfriend for about 2 years; learned a LOT more about them than I really needed to know.

The bigger problem is China. China and Russia are allies. If the USA were to retailiate against the Russians over Ukraine, China could very likely back the Russians. Now think on that a while. How'd China get as rich as they are?
There was a video out of ukraine of a russian convoy that had an old CCCP hammer sickle flag flying

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Last warning NO more US or CA Political spin, Period.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I wonder what would happen if Putin and his assistants were simply taken out? Would the Russian people want to continue with war? This is the best case for assassination since Hitler.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I guess the oil companies can just restrict their drilling to the 26 million acres under current leases. New leases don’t typically get drilled for 5-10 years. The oil producers try to keep a decades worth of lease permits. This is political drama. The real story is the oil companies don’t want the federal government to increase lease prices to the same level as states and private landowners charge, so they are making up bogus stories that oil production is going to end. Total nonsense.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

In one word...... WALMART

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The world needs to collaborate on decapitating Russian government. It seems like most Russian people don’t support this war and it would end if Putin and his government yes men were eliminated.
Have you spoken to anyone from Donetsk or Luhansk?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Russia is now in complete financial collapse and getting worse by the moment.
With Putin pulling the Nuclear Weapon card, things are going to get real serious for the whole world!
Belarus is now joining Russia, that's bad for Ukraine.
I really don't think a lot of people understand how out of control this is!
One wrong move and it will be WWIII!

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
With Putin pulling the Nuclear Weapon card, things are going to get real serious for the whole world!
Another reason why Russian government needs to be decapitated.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
You are right about how wrong this all is. But "Russia" is not on the verge of financial collapse.
Huge gold reserves. ......

Expect realignment off the dollar however. I read that the Ruble is down over 15% from the Euro just today.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yep, small place. Only about 14 million people. Who give a flying * .They have been shelled , shot at murdered and violated for the past eight years, they should be used to it by now.

14 million people in a country of 42 million. OK, I guess we can list you as being on Putin’s side. You, Belarus, and China. Wow.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I saw a clip on Last Week Tonight about a Ukrainian Women trying to a Russian soldier some Sunflower seeds (the Sunflower is the national flower of Ukraine). So that when the soldier dies there will be a new Sunflower plant growing.... I would say that it a pretty good summation of the will of the Ukrainian people to rise up and fight the Russian military.
I wish them success in that endeavor.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Unfortunately ......SO TRUE !!!!!

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Those seem to be small areas of Ukraine that want to be part of Russia. It appears that most of Ukraine does not.
NO areas of the Ukraine WANT to be a part of Russia!

That is all Russian disinformation they have been pushing for several years now. The Russians have been building up to this invasion for several years now by inserting agitators to cause problems as an excuse to once again control Ukraine. No areas of Poland or Latvia or Estonia or any of the other former Soviet republics want to again be under Russian control.

The Ukrainian people remember this only too well...Holodomor - including my grandparents and parents who suffered through it. Russian troops sweeping through the countryside in late fall of the year, destroying what food they couldn't haul off with them in retaliation for protesting Russian rule. For many years Russia denied it ever happened but as the truth got out they modified their disinformation to say that the famine was inadvertent.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Holodomor

And this is a screen shot from Wikipedia...
Holodomor.jpg

So...now we have "Ukrainian Nationalism" under attack again. And I'm willing to bet that the other former Soviet Republics are wondering if they are next.

Last edited: