B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
You, sir, have hit the nail squarely on the head!

I would only amend this slightly, and that is to say that our politicians (BOTH Republican and Democrats), are this country's worst enemies, more so than the common people. All those people in Congress swore upon the Bible allegiance to the United States. Instead, their allegiance is to their respective political parties and to lining their own pockets.
I will not disagree with the statement that both parties are playing games and are not putting the good of the entire nation first. That they are instead looking at they're own self interests. There are a few exceptions but unfortunately it's few and far between.
The problem is however we need to as a nation become more involved in the electoral process. Particularly in the house races, there are so many safe seats that the primary is really the election. For the most part the folks that vote in the primaries are ones that are die hard party faithfuls.
We need as a nation to be more involved and encourage everyone to vote. We also as voters need to demand better more moderate middle of the road candidates that represent everyone not just the party line. I admit this is difficult as a lot of folks just don't care. But as Ben Franklin said we have a democracy.... If we can keep it. It's easy to buy into the hype and all the F,U&D that is spread out across social media and various news sites. But if your only listening to one point of view you will never get the full story. It requires keeping your mind open and doing your own fact checking to make sure that you don't fall victim to confirmation bias or ignoring points of view as well as facts that don't fit your own opinions.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Had a nightmare the other night that Russian tanks were bivouacked in my back pasture and I was trying to organize the neighbors into a resistance force (?!!!).
Let them come on up here, they would be out gunned in nothing flat!
There are some crazy peeps in my neck of the woods!
Red Dawn to the max!

Reactions: 3 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
If all the political intrigue over Clinton, Biden, Schiff etc. were to be cleared up, I would say that is as much US involvement as is needed.

Ukraine was the number one contributor to the clinton foundation for many years. $10 million plus. Had to be for something. It's a sin that families are torn apart, lives of kindred shed.

Stupid!

All for greed, and the love of money.

It all works , until it doesn't.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Let them come on up here, they would be out gunned in nothing flat!
There are some crazy peeps in my neck of the woods!
Red Dawn to the max!
I think that would be the case in most, if not all the states.

I know of some nutters around here. Just point them in the right direction and stay out of the way.

The more dire the circumstances, the more people will join in.

Honestly though. If Europe and other countries would just stop sending Russia imports, it would probably end pretty quickly. It's hard to put up a fight if your out of fuel, supplies and are starving.

As China has pointed out to us with delays on products, it's a global market.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I think that would be the case in most, if not all the states.

I know of some nutters around here. Just point them in the right direction and stay out of the way.

The more dire the circumstances, the more people will join in.

Honestly though. If Europe and other countries would just stop sending Russia imports, it would probably end pretty quickly. It's hard to put up a fight if your out of fuel, supplies and are starving.

As China has pointed out to us with delays on products, it's a global market.
You must have been the guy in the back of both History and PolySci class , sleeping!

All wars are banker's wars! When there is shooting in the streets, and smoke in the air,....BUY!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
If all the political intrigue over Clinton, Biden, Schiff etc. were to be cleared up, I would say that is as much US involvement as is needed.

Ukraine was the number one contributor to the clinton foundation for many years. $10 million plus. Had to be for something. It's a sin that families are torn apart, lives of kindred shed.

Stupid!

Really?? Not according to factcheck.org

The real story

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That is funny. ZERO permits have been issued by the government for that wopping 26 million acres. ZERO permits (that is less than ONE). It may as well be 26 acres if you are never going to issue permits to use it.
You are wrong. The 26 million acres are permits that have been issued over the past decade or so. New leases were put on a moratorium but that is over now. They have so many acres of permits that has yet to be drilled. I am a federal lands manager and we have lots of drilling activities on lands in my region.

Last edited:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
20220226_180932.jpg

My small protest.

My family taught me how to hunt, my government taught me to kill !

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

Stupid!

Alex Jones, are you a member of OTT?

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Putin doesn't allow Russian citizens to "demand" anything. Saw on the news today that a demonstration against the war in Moscow ended up with the demonstrators beat up and 1700 of them thrown in jail. They'll probably get sent to Siberia and never be heard from again, just like in "the good old days" of the Soviet Union.

At my age I remember the talk that a "Hitler" could never happen again in these modern times, that we (modern society) would never let it happen. But now that it is happening, most people just shrug and, as long as it doesn't really affect them too bad, let it slide. Does Putin really care about "sanctions"? The Russian people may suffer and even starve but you can bet Comrade Putin will be living comfortably.

I think Putin should be put on trail, aka Nuremburg, and declared a war criminal. Even if it is in absentia. Thousands of people are going to die solely because of his empire building. And you can bet China is watching to see how the world will react; Taiwan may be the next to suffer.
Putin has a long way to go before he approaches Hitlers level of evilness.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
You need to read the Budapest Memoranda and then decide if we have no duty? They gave up their nuclear weapons based on the agreement of protection and recognition as a nation.
I know several Cuban refugees from when we lived In Miami that would have advised them that the US government might not be so truthful about backing them up

Last edited by a moderator:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How does Putin think? It's not a conflict that is just local.

You can click on the CC button at the bottom and read as he speaks. You can also increase the playback speed by clicking on the setting and adjust to preference.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
You are wrong. The 26 million acres are permits that have been issued over the past decade or so. New leases were put on a moratorium but that is over now. They have so many acres of permits that has yet to be drilled. I am a federal lands manager and we have lots of drilling activities on lands in my region.
On old permits.

I think you are confusing "private" and federal land.

Show me proof of "usable" new permits being issued, I'll wait.

Where is the surge coming from?

Under former President Donald Trump, a staunch industry supporter, the Interior Department reduced the time it takes to review drilling applications from a year or more in some cases, to just a few months.

Companies rushed to lock in drilling rights before the new administration. And in December, Trump's last full month in office, agency officials approved more than 800 permits — far more than any prior month during his presidency.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It must be bad because over there,, I keep getting adds for Russian brides, with pictures of scantly clad young woman ;)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
On old permits.

I think you are confusing "private" and federal land.

Show me proof of "usable" new permits being issued, I'll wait.

Where is the surge coming from?

Under former President Donald Trump, a staunch industry supporter, the Interior Department reduced the time it takes to review drilling applications from a year or more in some cases, to just a few months.

Companies rushed to lock in drilling rights before the new administration. And in December, Trump's last full month in office, agency officials approved more than 800 permits — far more than any prior month during his presidency.
I’m simply stating facts. I work as a federal lands manager and we have co-workers who administer the permits. Obviously I know the difference between federal and other land ownerships. The federal lease managers are busy in many western states with drilling increasing due to price increases. But being in NH you wouldn’t be familiar with this. The moratorium only stopped issuing new leases. Oil companies still have leases on 26 million acres of federal lands where they had previous permits. They keep these permits open years ahead of actually drilling. I already posted a link to the BLM website that shows how many federal leases there are and in what states. Look at the website yourself. The BLM doesn’t track leases on non federal lands. The moratorium (which is now over) was intended to allow for reassessment of fair prices because the US taxpayers (federal land owners) are getting screwed because lease prices haven’t increased in decades. Lease prices on state and private lands are far higher than federal oil and gas leases. Take some time to educate with the facts by reviewing the official information on the website I provided and ignore the political noise that seems to be in abundant supply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users