Ukraine

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a link by the US govt directing what to do in case of a nuclear explosion. It's almost hilarious to read. Instructions to keep 6' distance from non family members and wear a mask!

I would think at that point in life those two things would be of very little importance!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Data point

Using the weather application "Windy.com" there is a feature to "look" through the lens of open cameras around the world. Traffic and municipal cameras, scenic and sporting locations. etc.

Just now, all cameras in Ukraine are off line. They were up last evening at this time.

This is a random comment regarding the situation there, from the inter web.
"Russia's policy of absolutely minimizing risk to civilians is slowing military advances. Unfortunately, the presently non-liberated areas are descending into ever deepening chaos and atrocities committed by Ukrainian forces with bands of well armed, unfettered criminals."
Are you Putin’s disinformation press guy? Carry on comrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
"Russia's policy of absolutely minimizing risk to civilians is slowing military advances. Unfortunately, the presently non-liberated areas are descending into ever deepening chaos and atrocities committed by Ukrainian forces with bands of well armed, unfettered criminals."
Quote straight from the official Russian propaganda machine.

Which no sane, reasoning person could believe. Minimal risk to civilians would have occurred if Russia had not invaded in the first place.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I think that would be the case in most, if not all the states.

I know of some nutters around here. Just point them in the right direction and stay out of the way.

The more dire the circumstances, the more people will join in.

Honestly though. If Europe and other countries would just stop sending Russia imports, it would probably end pretty quickly. It's hard to put up a fight if your out of fuel, supplies and are starving.

As China has pointed out to us with delays on products, it's a global market.
While we are at it cutting off all Internet and telephone would have the added benefit of eliminating a huge source of spam and hackers. All you need is a backhoe to physically cut their feeds. That will get some attention.

Start seizing all bank accounts assets. Ban all travel from Russia.

Time to enforce the idea of play nice or risk banishment. The USSR failed for a reason.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
While I wouldn't oppose the US military helping the Ukraine in a direct way (because they actually asked us for help rather than us running in saying "WE'RE HELPING"), I also understand why engaging in direct conflict with a nuclear power defending a country that is not yet a formal ally is quite the risk. We also need to take care not to jump to the assassinate option if there are other courses of action because what we don't need is Putin turned into a martyr because even though there are protest against the war in Russia there are still a (probably not small) chunk of Russians that support it.

I 100% think Zelensky is either going to end up a war hero or a war hero and a martyr, so even if Russia does occupy Ukraine it is going to turn into a repeat of Germany Occupied France in WWII.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The European Union accepts Ukraine’s application, will start ‘special admission’: report

The EU has accepted Ukraine’s application and has commenced a special admission procedure to integrate the country, Eastern European media has reported.

The EU will also look to switch Ukraine over to its power grid in the coming weeks, further integrating the country into the European structure.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
  • Haha
  • Dislike

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Reports are coming out, some video too of injured russian troops claiming they thought it was an exercise, not an actual invasion. There are also reports of doctored videos showing UN troops and tanks attacking the queued up Russian troops being shown to the Russian population to garner more support for invasion.

True or not, just the thought of it is sick.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Am thinking at this point, it probably was more like six too many.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Apparently the Ukrainian government still has a sense of humor:

Well he was a comedian before be became president!

I personally think he's got a ton of moxie!
Ukrainians are some tough mo fo's!

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Well he was a comedian before be became president!

I personally think he's got a ton of moxie!
Ukrainians are some tough mo fo's!
personally I really liked the YouTube video I saw of a woman offering a Russian soldier Sunflower seeds so that when he dies al least a flower will grow...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ban everything from Russia,, you know what a crimp that is going to put in finding 7.62x39, I mean for people that still have things like that

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Ban everything from Russia,, you know what a crimp that is going to put in finding 7.62x39, I mean for people that still have things like that
Been thinking about taking up scuba- most be a lot of that sort of thing at the bottom of these lakes.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I remember when a case of it was $75. Good ol' days.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

Looks difficult in Eastern Ukraine.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I keep thinking about this issue.

Just seems to me that invading another country that has not been provocative, is simply wrong.

Cannot help but see the evil in this.

What provocative means is debatable, I know. Just depends on what the perception of Provocative is.

If I get thinking about these things I just feel like throwing up.

Maybe as the US we need to invade Mexico and put the border wall on the southern Mexican border. NO I do not think this way, but perhaps some like Putin might...