New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Is there a need for the popup window requiring you to verify that you want to "Mark read"?

It seems redundant and is annoying. Every other action that I click on immediately does what I ask without a second verifying action. I would love to see it disappear.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Is there a need for the popup window requiring you to verify that you want to "Mark read"?

It seems redundant and is annoying. Every other action that I click on immediately does what I ask without a second verifying action. I would love to see it disappear.
Hmm... I don't see any such popup window? Not sure that it reliably changes the appearance of read posts? If the list gets out of hand I have to mark all posts as read and then New Posts pulls up a shorter list.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Hmm... I don't see any such popup window? Not sure that it reliably changes the appearance of read posts? If the list gets out of hand I have to mark all posts as read and then New Posts pulls up a shorter list.
After you click on "Mark Forums Read", a popup windows appears wanting you to confirm "Mark Forums Read".
Seems silly, would not have clicked on "Mark Forums Read" if I had not wanted to "Mark Forums Read".

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Works with my tablet! Only problems are caused by so many ads popping up, just as I attempt to click on something, I inadvertently select an ad I have no interest in. Might have to do something about that.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Mr K, a couple of things
1. When I go on OTT on my IPhone, the logged on icon on the upper right corner is missing and at the bottom of a thread it says I can’t reply because I am not logged in. I go to login and I get a reply saying that I am already logged in and the icon in upper right appears.
2. Am I missing a way to go to the posts that I have not already seen in a thread like we used to be able to?
3. What is the difference between Latest Posts and New Posts and is there a way to sort them so the newest is listed first?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

Mr. K, This question and the subsequent replies has not been answered. ??

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So I noticed tonight by accident that if you hover on the "Like" button we actually have options 👍👍👍👍👍👍

See the screen shot below 😁😁
Screenshot_20200613-181828_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Mr K, a couple of things
1. When I go on OTT on my IPhone, the logged on icon on the upper right corner is missing and at the bottom of a thread it says I can’t reply because I am not logged in. I go to login and I get a reply saying that I am already logged in and the icon in upper right appears.
2. Am I missing a way to go to the posts that I have not already seen in a thread like we used to be able to?
3. What is the difference between Latest Posts and New Posts and is there a way to sort them so the newest is listed first?
Any thoughts Mr K?

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Anyone having issues with password and the new site update? For some reason doesn't remember my password..with FF or MS Edge...Also getting message in Firefox " login page is insecure "

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Mr. K, I was going to send a PM to a member and when I clicked on their name I see their location, when joined and last thread. However, once I click on the name and then double click on the member's name I can see PMs they have received from other members.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Mr K, a couple of things
Regarding #1, do you close out Safari everytime you get off? I always leave the page on the browser open, just swiping up to get out of safari. Could possibly be a setting on the phone causing it. I only use my iPhone to get on here and haven’t had any issues with it logging me out.

#2 If your talking about it automatically taking you to the post after where you last viewed, I went and marked each forum as read. It fixed that issue for me on all but 2 threads on here. The daily chuckle and whats cooking always brings me back to the original post. Scroll to the bottom and hit the arrow beside the next page button and it takes you to the last post.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Regarding #1, do you close out Safari everytime you get off? I always leave the page on the browser open, just swiping up to get out of safari. Could possibly be a setting on the phone causing it. I only use my iPhone to get on here and haven’t had any issues with it logging me out.

#2 If your talking about it automatically taking you to the post after where you last viewed, I went and marked each forum as read. It fixed that issue for me on all but 2 threads on here. The daily chuckle and whats cooking always brings me back to the original post. Scroll to the bottom and hit the arrow beside the next page button and it takes you to the last post.
I do close out Safari. Out of the many forums I am on, this new version is the only one that kicks me out when I try to get back in. Beginning to get old and a pain to have to login each time. I will try the whole mark as read. Didn’t have to do that with the former version of this forum. New isn’t always better.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mr. K, I was going to send a PM to a member and when I clicked on their name I see their location, when joined and last thread. However, once I click on the name and then double click on the member's name I can see PMs they have received from other members.
Ok, so I had to snoop and check out what you are seeing. I dont think your seeing all the persons messages. I think your seeing what was posted on the persons page.

If I remember right on the old set up you could post a message for everyone to see on your page or send a private message. There are a few showing up on your page but I dont believe they were your private messages based on what they are.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Ok seems I underestimated how beloved the "What's New", "New posts" and "Mark forums read" links were. I moved "What's New" back to the top and also added quick links for New posts and Mark forums read under the Forum navigation too.

Is this configuration a little easier to access?
I like it 👍

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
I'm somewhat new to the forum since I just bought my tractor this year, but I would also like to chime in regarding Tapatalk. I use it frequently because it consolidates all of the forums that I visit into one place and allows me to easily switch between forums (not just tractor forums). It is also easier to track threads that you subscribe to and you get notifications of threads you may be interested in.

Unfortunately, since Tapatalk was turned off, I find myself visiting another tractor forum much more often even though I own a Kubota. It is just a convenience issue for me.

Hopefully, it gets turned back on soon. By the way, I totally understand the financial impacts of having it enabled. Being 100% honest, none of the other forums I view through Tapatalk require a paid membership to use it. I'm not sure Tapatalk would be reason enough for me to purchase a membership. As I own my tractor longer and use the forum more to help me answer questions and stay up to date, that is more likely a reason I would upgrade my membership to support the forum.

Reactions: 1 user