New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Think we made it! OrangeTractorTalks forums are now migrated from vBulletin to XenForo. Along with the update comes numerous usability improvements, mobile device support, bigger picture attachment sizes (1MB, no cap on dimensions) and a path to keep the forums updated for years to come.

If you are a returning member, welcome back! You should find everything as you left it - your user profile, avatar, threads, posts and PMs should all be intact. You can login using the Login link in the top right of the page. Once logged in, the navigation around the site should feel similar - there's a big orange "Post thread" button if you want to start a new thread, and posting replies to existing threads is as simple as entering comments in the text editor and hitting post. We hope you find the upgraded forums a better OTT experience!

Help pages available here: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/help/

Feel free to use this thread to post your comments, questions and raise any issues you might be seeing (or send to bugreports@orangetractortalks.com). We'll use this top post to collect a list of ongoing issues reported and investigation status into each. Thank you again for stopping by and hanging in there as we upgrade the site!

Awareness
Things to be aware of:
  1. Font size is close to what we had on the prior forum software. If you want to adjust the size yourself, you can! Navigate to your preferences to update your font size, timezone and other settings: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/account/preferences
  2. Avatar images may no longer be centered. You might need to go into your member profile (link at top right) and reupload your avatar and adjust the image to be a bit more centered. You can click and drag the avatar preview image to recenter it.
  3. The first time a member or visitor visits a thread the new forum software has to do a little bit of work to cache the posts. This process will take a second or two and might mean that pages take a little longer to load. This should only happen once per thread, and only for the first visitor.
Current Issues
Things we are investigating or fixing:
  1. [fixed] Viewing posts is blocked with an "An account upgrade is required to view this message." message.
  2. [fixed] Members are not able to edit their posts.
  3. [fixed] Font size is too small.
  4. [fixed] Equipment list (eg. B2650) is missing from user info block on posts.
  5. [fixed] Premium and Lifetime membership banners not appearing.
  6. [fixed] Performance improvements to make pages load faster.
  7. [fixed] Ads are currently disabled across the forums (woo!). We'll fix this soon (boo!).
  8. [fixed] Users cannot upload images directly from mobile devices.
  9. [fixed] Premium and Lifetime subscriptions currently have no effect, other than banners appearing.
  10. [fixed] No way for members to view all of their images in one place (eg. personal media / gallery). Fixed! We created a Media gallery (see navigation up top or check out this thread).
  11. [in progress] 2-step authentication via email is not enabled. We think this impacts anyone with a comcast.net email account. We're looking into it.
  12. [investigating] Tapatalk integration is no longer supported.
  13. Some signature style and text settings do not take effect.
  14. No option to sort thread view by newest post at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I can not view any post.

Every post simply says: An account upgrade is required to view this post.

What do I need to do?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Everywhere I click it says " an account upgrade is required to view this post" I can't see your posts above this box.

Ok now I can see posts. Thank you. Will take a while to get used to the rest. Is there someplace to change preferred view? Print a little small for my taste.

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Every thread that I click on, including this one, shows "An account upgrade is required to view this post." Did I get Blackballed or something????

2Huskies

Equipment
B3000
Jun 11, 2018
Glenburn, ND
I'm getting the account upgrade is required to view this post message for every post as well, but only if I'm logged in. If I log out, I can read all the posts just fine.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Hey everyone - lots of reports of the site reporting that "An account upgrade is required to view this post". Think we found the incorrect setting. Is anyone able to see posts now as expected?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Hurray! So far looking good. Anyone else who wasn't able to see posts now ok? That setting was really buried, want to make sure we got it all since viewing posts is kinda a big part of the site...

Reactions: 1 user

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
Bug in new software. Looks great BTW!
I go to one of my threads and I can read it with all the replies. I login and then I get must upgrade account to view. I go to account upgrade and nothing is available. I posted an update with pictures and decided I needed to edit. Login and I cant view because of upgrade issue but can view pictures. So I added a reply and post but can’t read because it says I need to upgrade account.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
dfixit1 - Hmmm that sounds really strange. I just updated a bunch of user permissions, including photo posting. Can you try again and let me know if you are still redirected to upgrade your account?

dfixit1

Equipment
L4240HSTC-3
May 17, 2019
United States
dfixit1 - Hmmm that sounds really strange. I just updated a bunch of user permissions, including photo posting. Can you try again and let me know if you are still redirected to upgrade your account?
Seems to be ok now when logged in.
i did notice that I cannot edit my recent post?