New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Is there a place/way to identify when a member was last on...most sites have a info bar or something that shows that automatically...that way the user knows where he left off on reading things...thanks.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Is there a place/way to identify when a member was last on...most sites have a info bar or something that shows that automatically...that way the user knows where he left off on reading things...thanks.
2B948DD6-3A81-4AC6-B97E-816A4E0DD2FC.png

Click on their name?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I still wish I didn’t have to relogin in every time I come on using my iPhone. Since the new forum version, I have to login all the time even though the little box is checked. Tried clearing history and so on and lasted about a day or two before happening again. Out of the 8-10 forums I belong to, this new version is the only one that is doing that.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I still wish I didn’t have to relogin in every time I come on using my iPhone. Since the new forum version, I have to login all the time even though the little box is checked. Tried clearing history and so on and lasted about a day or two before happening again. Out of the 8-10 forums I belong to, this new version is the only one that is doing that.

Ive never had to relogin and only use my iPhone. Even after the switch to the new site I didn’t have to relogin. What iPhone do you have and software level? Im still thinking you have a setting issue on the phone but I am far from expert in that area. If it helps I can share my settings either here or PM. I haven’t done anything special with my settings but maybe something is different between ours

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
I would check if you have a security or privacy setting (probably cookies) set to not store info. It may be under privacy (sorry, I don't have an iphone, so I can't look).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mr. K, I was going to send a PM to a member and when I clicked on their name I see their location, when joined and last thread. However, once I click on the name and then double click on the member's name I can see PMs they have received from other members.
I think what you are seeing are the public messages and not the private one's.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Move your curser over that person's avatar and it will show what Fordtech86 posted in Reply#164 above.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Move your curser over that person's avatar and it will show what Fordtech86 posted in Reply#164 above.
that helps a bit...what I have noticed on several sites I frequent that they post on the header the last time you were on the site (like Wednesday at 5:28)...rather than 28 minute ago type of info. That way when reviewing forums...you know how far back to review to get caught up.
This site used to automatically highlight new unread threads in each forum so that the user knew where they left off...

not a big deal...just a user convenience...jus my .02...

thank you for the replies...

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
Don't know if this helps at all but I have had to start clicking "Find Threads" than clicking "Threads with Your Posts" to bring up threads that I had been involved with.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Click on the bold topic name and you will be taken to the first new post after you last viewed that topic. Very simple and straightforward.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Hopefully Mr. K :geek: will return and address the additional and annoying "Mark read" box that you must check to Mark read.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Is there a need for the popup window requiring you to verify that you want to "Mark read"?

It seems redundant and is annoying. Every other action that I click on immediately does what I ask without a second verifying action. I would love to see it disappear.
Yep, it’s on my list of things to investigate.
@Mr. K Has any progress been made on eliminating the "Mark read" verification popup?

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
hey i cant get anything to work past the first page on new posts/recent posts/latest news...

is it just my browser? nothing happens. no page load, no page change. its like the buttons for page numbers & next are just dead.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
ok tried it from home on different coms & my cell... still same issues!

anybody else?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
This new version of the forum is the only one out of many that I belong to that I have to re-log into each time on my phone no matter what I do. I have the box checked, cleared everything and so on, and it still logs me out out time when I leave. Not a deal breaker but certainly not as convenient. I guess progress is 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards.