New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mr K, the two pictures are what we see on our phones. And why we like the tap talk app.

First is a screen shot here. Second is how we see it on the taptalk app. Much easier on the old eyes. 😁😁😁😁

Attachments

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
@RCW and @Daren Todd

Try going here
74C37871-F6AD-4BA7-9F2D-841003CB72FA.jpeg

I had to turn my phone sideways to hit the settings button, but then

93DADFE2-FD66-488C-A07A-B805D9E0EE79.png

Change your font size

74C37871-F6AD-4BA7-9F2D-841003CB72FA.jpeg

EEB9682C-FAF2-4FCC-B95C-3A9F10916DF2.png

Medium was standard, this is large, I didn’t try extra large. I too used tap a talk but only to upload photos before, and I only use my phone to get on here.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Getting used to the new format but don't see what the difference is in What's New, and New Posts?

Also the ads are a bit much.....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I also like being able to access the Classifieds from the same page as the other forums! (y)

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Like a few others, just hoping to get an update on Tapa. If it can't be integrated, I understand. However, if it can and there is a timeline, that would be good.

Otherwise, are people just going to the site on their phones and using it like a web site?

Thank you to all those that are working on this. :)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It appears that clearing my history has solved the logging out problem; I have not been logged out since I did it. Thanks!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Like a few others, just hoping to get an update on Tapa. If it can't be integrated, I understand. However, if it can and there is a timeline, that would be good.
Couple of questions regarding Tapatalk both to you and others:

1/ Have you tried viewing OTT using your phone's browser and if so, what do you like or not like about viewing OTT in a mobile browser compared to Tapatalk? Feedback so far is that the text size on mobile is too small. If we were to improve the OTT browser experience would that be enough?

2/ Would you be willing to subscribe to a paid membership in order to access Tapatalk on OTT? The reason I ask is that the way Tapatalk is setup for site owners is that Tapatalk takes the site's content (user data, threads and posts), and displays it in their app alongside their ads. Revenue is shared with site owners but the amount is small compared to what Tapatalk is collecting (<$100 a year for OTT). This means OTT is supporting a sizable amount of visitor traffic from Tapatalk, which comes at a cost of server scaling and hosting, without something to offset those costs.

On #2 I'm simplifying here a bit because on OTT I know that many Tapatalk users are also Premium or Lifetime members who have helped support the site with real dollars but also contribute back to the community with helpful advice and insights for other members. Not throwing these individuals under the bus here - quite the opposite, very appreciative for their support and continued efforts to help others on the site. Just trying to find a solution to support Tapatalk but also match the costs associated for that support. Access to Tapatalk for paid members is one way to do that and wanted to gauge if that was a reasonable tradeoff.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

1/ Have you tried viewing OTT using your phone's browser and if so, what do you like or not like about viewing OTT in a mobile browser compared to Tapatalk? Feedback so far is that the text size on mobile is too small. If we were to improve the OTT browser experience would that be enough?
Mr. K - -

Re: #1 - I did post a photo VERY easily and successfully from my phone's browser the other day after you made some changes.

Also, since then , member FordTech posted some very helpful pointers in this thread about adjusting the browser's view on the phone. I have not tried them yet.

I can't speak to questions 2 and 3, since I'm not tech-savvy enough to form a valuable opinion. However, that said - I think may be drawn to Tapatalk more for the ease of posting photos.

If I can make due per #1 above, maybe Tapatalk is a non-issue for me? Again, must be taken with a grain of salt as I'm speaking WAY out of my league.....

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Last edited:

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Well, I used to enjoy this sight immensely. Now, for me, it is total frustration. My only internet choices are slow and slower. About .5 meg.

Old version worked fine. This version constantly locks up my computer with the constant ads. If I try to go forward or back, it either locks up again on another ad or says"orangetractortalks is not responding due to a long running script".

Very aggravating since I just recently bought a subscription to lessen ads.

I tried for two hours unsuccessfully last night to post this. Took 1 1/2 hours this evening.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Well, I used to enjoy this sight immensely. Now, for me, it is total frustration. My only internet choices are slow and slower. About .5 meg.

Old version worked fine. This version constantly locks up my computer with the constant ads. If I try to go forward or back, it either locks up again on another ad or says"orangetractortalks is not responding due to a long running script".

Very aggravating since I just recently bought a subscription to lessen ads.

I tried for two hours unsuccessfully last night to post this. Took 1 1/2 hours this evening.
Wow, that must suck!
Makes me feel guilty for posting about how well it works for me...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Posting pics is fabulous! no more resizing before I up load, YAY!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mr. K - -

Re: #1 - I did post a photo VERY easily and successfully from my phone's browser the other day after you made some changes.

Also, since then , member FordTech posted some very helpful pointers in this thread about adjusting the browser's view on the phone. I have not tried them yet.

I can't speak to questions 2 and 3, since I'm not tech-savvy enough to form a valuable opinion. However, that said - I think may be drawn to Tapatalk more for the ease of posting photos.

If I can make due per #1 above, maybe Tapatalk is a non-issue for me? Again, must be taken with a grain of salt as I'm speaking WAY out of my league.....

Thanks so much for your efforts!
I've made the adjustment and maxed out the font size. It is easier to read. But not as large as what the taptalk view is.

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin

2/ Would you be willing to subscribe to a paid membership in order to access Tapatalk on OTT? The reason I ask is that the way Tapatalk is setup for site owners is that Tapatalk takes the site's content (user data, threads and posts), and displays it in their app alongside their ads. Revenue is shared with site owners but the amount is small compared to what Tapatalk is collecting (<$100 a year for OTT). This means OTT is supporting a sizable amount of visitor traffic from Tapatalk, which comes at a cost of server scaling and hosting, without something to offset those costs.

On #2 I'm simplifying here a bit because on OTT I know that many Tapatalk users are also Premium or Lifetime members who have helped support the site with real dollars but also contribute back to the community with helpful advice and insights for other members. Not throwing these individuals under the bus here - quite the opposite, very appreciative for their support and continued efforts to help others on the site. Just trying to find a solution to support Tapatalk but also match the costs associated for that support. Access to Tapatalk for paid members is one way to do that and wanted to gauge if that was a reasonable tradeoff.
I played around on my phone and it looked ok. Font was a bit smaller than Tapa, but consistent with other sites. Didn't post though, so not sure how that woulda worked.

I would have a hard time paying for Tapa. Might feel different about an actual specific app, however I get that's not an option.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
What's New includes new posts and new postings onto individual profile pages.

What device are you using and can you send me a screenshot in a PM so I can take a look?
Hi Mr K, well it turns out I haven't found the personal messages, and I may have gotten my tablet to take a screen shot, but I am not sure where it stores it! I usually use an Android Asus tablet to cruise the forum. The ads take up a lot of real estate on the screen and it is hard to tune them out. I'll photograph with cell phone and try to attach to another post using the phone. Thanks much.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ok, I can see if I can emulate the resolution and screen setup of your Android tablet here on my end to get an idea - your picture will help too.
Well here goes with new picture adding via phone.
8949A169-A42C-4395-838E-769808F5641A.jpeg
8949A169-A42C-4395-838E-769808F5641A.jpeg

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Ok yep, I see, will take a look. Side note - Google seems to be very interested in getting you to stop using toilet paper. That's your call, not going to be able to help with that from my end here.

Reactions: 1 users