COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It is funny how they have the whole issue boiled down to a "mask" and how the lemmings have fallen right in line. The mask will save the world - ROFLMAO.

The unwashed re-used mask the MAJORITY of people wear will help keep the virus alive. It is a nice MOIST, porous clingy material.

When I put on a face covering - it is to help the weak minded, not myself.
It is to keep from "triggering" someone like Flip.
It is to make someone that believes in a bunch of fake numbers feel better about themselves.
Sleddog, if you feel it is necessary to call people with differing opinions names, eg lemmings and weak minded, would you take your discussion either to your previous thread or to personal messages so this whole thread is not shut down. I and others would be interested in where your opinion is coming from, but just stating over and over what you think without any supporting data doesn't help.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Same thing here. Wife said tonight that I guess we going “mandatory” masks here starting tomorrow. No way I could work in a mask.
The nice thing with our shop set up, the nearest person is 50ft away. Only time we need masks is in the office in the AC. They already tried forcing techs to wear masks all the time till we pointed out the overheating hazard coming into summer. We'll keep.our distance instead.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The nice thing with our shop set up, the nearest person is 50ft away. Only time we need masks is in the office in the AC. They already tried forcing techs to wear masks all the time till we pointed out the overheating hazard coming into summer. We'll keep.our distance instead.

They aren’t enforcing it here at our store. I typically stay in my area but there is trips to parts dept, break room to wash hands, up to the service lounge. Plus I am in and out of customers vehicles all day everyday, been doing it for the past 18 years during every cold and flu season, never thought twice about it and never had the flu 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They aren’t enforcing it here at our store. I typically stay in my area but there is trips to parts dept, break room to wash hands, up to the service lounge. Plus I am in and out of customers vehicles all day everyday, been doing it for the past 18 years during every cold and flu season, never thought twice about it and never had the flu 🤷‍♂️
I got the flu shot for the first time this year. Ended up with the flu. 🤔🤔🤔 course I could have had a side order of covid with it. Wife and I were tested within a half hour of each other. I tested positive, she tested negative. Her symptoms were more upper respiratory. I felt like cud and would have sworn someone replaced my lungs with razor blades. A few weeks later was when the first covid case was discovered in our area.

I have my own office, and gave strict orders for people to stay out of it. I got the sticker printer in there as well. So I just told everyone to text me a list of what they need and I'll print them. I also have a mini fridge and brought in a spare microwave from the house. So I take my breaks in my office

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I got the flu shot for the first time this year. Ended up with the flu. 🤔🤔🤔 course I could have had a side order of covid with it. Wife and I were tested within a half hour of each other. I tested positive, she tested negative. Her symptoms were more upper respiratory. I felt like cud and would have sworn someone replaced my lungs with razor blades. A few weeks later was when the first covid case was discovered in our area.

I have my own office, and gave strict orders for people to stay out of it. I got the sticker printer in there as well. So I just told everyone to text me a list of what they need and I'll print them. I also have a mini fridge and brought in a spare microwave from the house. So I take my breaks in my office

Ive never had a flu shot. I think Ive mentioned before we are pretty positive my daughter had the virus back in December. She has a history of RSV but this was nothing like she ever had. Fever spiking to 104, very hard to breathe, went on for 2 weeks. Kept taking her to DR and they just kept saying its a virus and we just kept treating her with breathing treatments like we had in the past with her RSV. Son came down with the same symptoms a couple weeks later but he was only down for a couple days.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ive never had a flu shot. I think Ive mentioned before we are pretty positive my daughter had the virus back in December. She has a history of RSV but this was nothing like she ever had. Fever spiking to 104, very hard to breathe, went on for 2 weeks. Kept taking her to DR and they just kept saying its a virus and we just kept treating her with breathing treatments like we had in the past with her RSV. Son came down with the same symptoms a couple weeks later but he was only down for a couple days.
Wife and I were wondering the same thing. But with the antibody tests being all over the place, our doctor recommended saving our money till they get it improved.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Wife and I were wondering the same thing. But with the antibody tests being all over the place, our doctor recommended saving our money till they get it improved.

Same thing here. Daughter was sent home from daycare a couple weeks ago with a 99. something temp. Had to go get her tested, she did come back negative, wife asked about the antibody test and they said the same thing

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It is funny how they have the whole issue boiled down to a "mask" and how the lemmings have fallen right in line. The mask will save the world - ROFLMAO.

The unwashed re-used mask the MAJORITY of people wear will help keep the virus alive. It is a nice MOIST, porous clingy material.

When I put on a face covering - it is to help the weak minded, not myself.
It is to keep from "triggering" someone like Flip.
It is to make someone that believes in a bunch of fake numbers feel better about themselves.
Sleddog, if you feel it is necessary to call people with differing opinions names, eg lemmings and weak minded, would you take your discussion either to your previous thread or to personal messages so this whole thread is not shut down. I and others would be interested in where your opinion is coming from, but just stating over and over what you think without any supporting data doesn't help.
I'm not sure why you bother with this child sheepfarmer, pretty sure the only reason he's here is to try and get under other folks skin. If only everyone would follow his way of not thinking this whole covid thing would be over now right NoSenseDog. Maybe you could learn a thing or 2 from Flip and others if you weren't so thick headed. Now go play in traffic like a good doggie

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Sorry Sheepfarmer, you are right. I edited lemming to gullible. Gullible (by definition) was my intent, not to call names.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I'm not sure why you bother with this child sheepfarmer, pretty sure the only reason he's here is to try and get under other folks skin. If only everyone would follow his way of not thinking this whole covid thing would be over now right NoSenseDog. Maybe you could learn a thing or 2 from Flip and others if you weren't so thick headed. Now go play in traffic like a good doggie
And you start by calling names. That is funny right there.

Flip was the one threatening to shoot someone for standing too close, not me bearbait.
Flip was the one that wished covid on me and my family bearbait.

And then you call me a little doggy and tell me to play in traffic.

What was the point of your post?

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bearbait, you copy a post by Sheepfarmer, "

sheepfarmer said:

Then you do exactly as she asked that person to not do! So do follow her request, "...take your discussion either to your previous thread or to personal messages so this whole thread is not shut down."

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
And you start by calling names. That is funny right there.

Flip was the one threatening to shoot someone for standing too close, not me bearbait.
Flip was the one that wished covid on me and my family bearbait.

And then you call me a little doggy and tell me to play in traffic.

What was the point of your post?
If you're going to sling mud at other folks be prepared to get it back. Although I don't agree with some of your reasoning I have no problem with it, everyone is welcome to their opinion but when you start shi!!ing on other folks, well that's just wrong. If you took everything I say literally as you do Flip well I guess we'd all be guilty. End of rant, stay safe!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Here is a link that reviews how the science developed and changed with regard to how we understand that there is a lot of presymptomatic spread. There are within the article a bunch of links to the real research papers which have the scientists conclusions, minus any spin, which I find helpful. Not all the scientists agree, and the conclusions evolve with time.

One of the papers has graphs comparing the times of peak infectiousness of covid 19, sars, and regular flu. The most remarkable thing about covid 19 is the length of time that someone can be infectious before getting symptoms. Sars is more deadly but less easy to catch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/world/europe/coronavirus-spread-asymptomatic.html

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Bunch of thin skinned bloggers today, they must be "under the weather". Can't hardly wait until the Flu season comes along and see just how many deaths from the Flu are classified as CV19. There's a lot of money in those DRG's.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yes you can work with a mask on but it absolutely needs an exhalation valve to allow moisture to escape.
DSCN0298.JPG

Most of you know that I have a portable sawmill and I saw 12 months a year. Yes, Winters are cold and Summers are hot. Eye and hearing protection, gloves, leather apron, steel toe boots, and of course the wearing of a 3M N95 mask. This picture was taken in 2010 and nothing has changed. I have always bought the masks in 6 boxes of 10 for the best price and no shipping charges.

IMG_7949.JPG

Humana just sent (two each) masks to my wife and myself for everyday use..

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Bunch of thin skinned bloggers today, they must be "under the weather". Can't hardly wait until the Flu season comes along and see just how many deaths from the Flu are classified as CV19. There's a lot of money in those DRG's.

Don't know. I have the 3 stooges on ignore so I cannot see anything they post.

I sand my ground on what I said about some stranger coming up behind me in line at a store and coughing with no mask on. No respect for either my space or his well being....

Got handled by our Governor with a mandatory mask order in effect today. No mask, no service and no mask and stupid, LE gets called and you get cuffed and stuffed plus a 500 buck fine and a civil infraction. In as much as I normally carry concealed legally, one never knows what frame of mind I might be in. Best not to find out either.

I'll leave it at that except to say Florida is breaking ground with the total number of confirmed cases every day and the death toll is also climbing. Not unexpected.

I bet when flu season rolls around lots more folks will be passing on. I don't plan on being one if I can help it.

Interesting read about the Covid parties. I find it astounding that anyone can actually be that stupid. Instead of trying to get it and then be a burden on healthcare providers, why not just take a bath with a plugged in toaster..... (y)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yes you can work with a mask on but it absolutely needs an exhalation valve to allow moisture to escape.
View attachment 45827
Most of you know that I have a portable sawmill and I saw 12 months a year. Yes, Winters are cold and Summers are hot. Eye and hearing protection, gloves, leather apron, steel toe boots, and of course the wearing of a 3M N95 mask. This picture was taken in 2010 and nothing has changed. I have always bought the masks in 6 boxes of 10 for the best price and no shipping.

View attachment 45829
Humana just sent (two each) masks to my wife and myself for everyday use..
I have to ask Magicman... What is the orange thing in your shirt pocket?My wife made both of us multiple layered cloth masks. We wear them one time and they get washed in the washer machine with the whites in hot water.

I want to get a Trump mask but have not seen any for sale yet.

I thought of a really good way to insure people stay away from me when I'm out anywhere... Just make up a small sign to wear on my Tee shirt that says... "I'm Positive". That should do the trick.

Not to say what I'm positive about however.

Status
Not open for further replies.