COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Another point that may or may not have been posted here is that, like the regular flu, which mutates over time, so does Covid .
When it mutates, it spreads faster through the population and the faster it spreads, the the less severe the symptoms and the outcome.
Over time, it can become more like regular flu, always with us but manageable through vaccine and maybe some level of immunity

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Me, I always hope for the best but at the same time get prepared for the worst. Why I wear a mask, practice social distancing and wash my hands regularly and don't touch my mouth, nose or eyes without washing my mitts. Why I don't handle paper currency without baking it and wear latex gloves when pumping fuel at a filling station. Always hand sanitizer in the vehicles too.

If being pro-active and being a hermit keeps me alive and virus free, I'll do it.

I cannot control what others do but I can control what I DO.

So far, so good. Never been tested, don't have any symptoms either.

I will say, once a vaccine is developed and proven, I'll get inoculated.

One thing that does irritate me with this discussion is when a poster uses disparaging comments. I like to think we can discuss this in a rational and adult manner and that is why I put a few commenter's on ignore I have no desire to read that crap.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Another point that may or may not have been posted here is that, like the regular flu, which mutates over time, so does Covid .
When it mutates, it spreads faster through the population and the faster it spreads, the the less severe the symptoms and the outcome.
Over time, it can become more like regular flu, always with us but manageable through vaccine and maybe some level of immunity

I keep wondering if it hasn't already mutated and is now impacting the younger set. At the outset, it wasn't. Now it is.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Went to my first estate sale since this thing got started, and they required masks & distancing, and even provided masks & sanitizer free of charge.
One (expletive deleted, don't want to call anybody any names) refused to wear one and was asked to leave. He refused to leave and was physically thrown out. He threatened to call the police and was told "Don't worry, they are already on the way." He beat a hasty retreat. What the F is wrong with people? You can only find out about the sale online, and it clearly states "masks required". There is a sign out front stating "masks required", and someone from the sale came out and explained "masks required". Do some people just like being (expletive deleted) ?

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Went to my first estate sale since this thing got started, and they required masks & distancing, and even provided masks & sanitizer free of charge.
One (expletive deleted, don't want to call anybody any names) refused to wear one and was asked to leave. He refused to leave and was physically thrown out. He threatened to call the police and was told "Don't worry, they are already on the way." He beat a hasty retreat. What the F is wrong with people? You can only find out about the sale online, and it clearly states "masks required". There is a sign out front stating "masks required", and someone from the sale came out and explained "masks required". Do some people just like being (expletive deleted) ?

I tend to think a lot of the push back is because Trump didn't wear a mask so people figured it he didn't, I won't either. Having said that, he is now so maybe those (expletive) people will start following the leader.

I like the deal in Bangor, Maine at the Lowes my good friend in Bangor messaged me about. The Bangor PD cuffed and stuffed him and away he went. Ruined his day I'm sure.

Glad he got tossed. Contracting it and then passing is a hard way to learn a lesson, I'd say.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If someone doesn't want to wear a mask, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. Do what you gotta do.
But why try to force your way into a place that requires masks?
Did they go into restaurants with no shirt/no shoes?
Did they carry a gun into an airport?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Covid 19 may be over exaggerated but, when it hits one of your family members, it's a different story. My sister ( in Ga) spoke to here son last night( in Texas) who has been tested positive. She said he could barely talk for coughing. I sure hope I don't have to come back on here and say he died!
Sure. And so are car accidents, heart disease and the dozens of friends I have lost to cancer.

I don't have an issue with the flu going around. My issue is the current plan to keep it going around for years to come.

These "Outbreak", "Hospital at Capacity", "New Cases" etc. Will be going on for years and years to come, no need to get excited now.

EDIT: Actually, it will only be until the media stops covering it. As soon as the media stops sensationalizing it, it will go away. It won't actually go away, we will all just carry on like we always have.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I don't ever use Goggle, I'm a DDG person.
I gave up on google and switched to DDG as well.

Strike 1: was when I would search for something specific like my vets office, and there would be 6 other vets offices listed 30 miles away before the one I searched for by name and town that is 2 miles from my house.

Strike 2: Apparently the phone is listening to you 😱😱 Wife and I were having a discussion about something, and the advertisements on google started popping up when I accessed the internet about what we were just discussing.

Strike 3: when they take it upon themselves to bury info you specifically searched for because it goes against their agenda. I had something specific I was searching for and found it 4 pages in on Google. On DDG the specific info was listed on the first page.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Interesting. I don't know what DDG is, so I googled it. Find all kinds of things except operating systems. Where can I learn about it? Google sure does not want me to know!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Interesting. I don't know what DDG is, so I googled it. Find all kinds of things except operating systems. Where can I learn about it? Google sure does not want me to know!
duck duck go

Screenshot_20200714-152112_Samsung Internet.jpg

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Thanks Daren. I just went there and did as directed. Received this message.

Success! Online privacy is now your default.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials is equipped with tracker blocking, private search, and smarter encryption, so your online data is more private by default

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
So I go to my DuckDuckgo search bar and type in DDG, and guess what I get an answer. Seems those other folks do not want anyone to be aware of it, so it's not in the search. Just another example of controlling people without them knowing!

Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I tend to think a lot of the push back is because Trump didn't wear a mask so people figured it he didn't, I won't either. Having said that, he is now so maybe those (expletive) people will start following the leader.

I like the deal in Bangor, Maine at the Lowes my good friend in Bangor messaged me about. The Bangor PD cuffed and stuffed him and away he went. Ruined his day I'm sure.

Glad he got tossed. Contracting it and then passing is a hard way to learn a lesson, I'd say.
I think your story about Bangor lowes is made up BS. Mouthy folks tend to make stuff up.
I live work and shop all over maine yet most people ive run into realize this thing was overhyped bologna and do not wear masks unless its to make others feel happy and safe or to avoid triggering people who cant control their emotions.
The recent mandate for stores to require masking is for larger retail outlets and bars and restaurants. the smaller stores, hardware stores etc, people are not wearing and people are not enforcing mask wearing.

I was in the local post office this morning and the PO employee was not wearing a mask. Neither was I or the 3 others in there. We were standing farther apart than usual though, got no issues with that.

Oh and I live in Maine. I do business in Maine, Im out and about everyday in Maine, I talk to and interact with 20 -100 people per day in Maine.

I have yet to see anyone enforcing the "mandate" to the point of cops being called. In fact I was talking to a builder yesterday who went into the local Home depot which is a big box store covered under the executive governors order to mask, and they werent wearing nor were people enforcing.

Wont be long before some mask NAZIS get involved though.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm good for something........ :p

I don't care for Goggle analytics myself. Goggle is nothing more than a ponzi scheme, sucking on innocent Internet users.

I will say one thing, if you search Goggle on DDG, DDG gives Goggle a D- rating.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If someone doesn't want to wear a mask, I get it. I don't agree, but I get it. Do what you gotta do.
But why try to force your way into a place that requires masks?
Did they go into restaurants with no shirt/no shoes?
Did they carry a gun into an airport?

The loophole in the mask wearing is HIPPA. If someone won't wear a mask, even if mandated and the retailer enforces it, all they have to say is 'I cannot wear a mask because of a medical condition and you cannot ask what that condition is. Catch 22. Isn't that heart warming?

Was just at the New Holland dealer picking up a seal for my round baler and in waltzes this 40 year old, no mask. Looked at him and said. what no mask an he flipped me off.... and yes I was packing but I was leaving anyway and he wasn't in my space at all. Surprised he didn't notice the bulge my 1911 makes under my Tee shirt.

Sometimes I have to restrain myself.🔫

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
...Surprised he didn't notice the bulge my 1911 makes under my Tee shirt.

Sometimes I have to restrain myself.🔫
Maybe his gun was bigger and he wasn't worried about an old guy with a short fuse?

Be careful out there people.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.