Ukraine

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Seems the russians are now also paying a hefty price for buying chinese junk... A respected Belgian newspaper reports that they have serious problems with the chinese Yellow Sea tires many military vehicles are equipped with. They cost only a fraction of the Michelins XZL of which they are a blatant, cheap copy, but just don't have the same loading capacities, with many breakdowns as a result. All because of rampant corruption in the russian administration, and it helps Ukraine.

Reactions: 1 users

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
I believe they should start the rebuilding of Ukraine by having a boat sale.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
My opinion on the Russian invasion of Ukraine summed up in a YouTube video and a photo....

To the Ukrainians... Keep kicking Russian ass and don't stop till you take Moscow.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I was checking out The Miniforum and found this. I am very impressed with the resourcefulness of the Ukrainians.

From Mykolaiv to Kyiv and Kharkiv, second-hand cars, pickup trucks and minivans bought in Britain and still bearing the familiar UK number plates are on the frontline of the war in Ukraine.
The British vehicles are attractively priced, roughly half the cost of their equivalent makes on mainland Europe, as right-hand cars are not in high demand internationally, according to Prytula, speaking in his office in his headquarters in Kyiv, a six-storey office building taken over for the purposes of acting as a collection and distribution centre for donations.
The British cars are bought from both second-hand dealerships and individuals in the UK who will offer them for a cut price, sometimes accepting cryptocurrency as payment, before being ferried across the Channel and driven to Ukraine on the back of trucks – a journey of five to six days. They are then distributed across to the frontline to where Ukraine’s forces are most in need.
Twenty British cars have been dispatched so far – the vehicles have been given the nickname “hell rides” by the volunteers in Kyiv – and a further 20 are in the process of being purchased. The Prytula volunteer hub has passed a total of 60 vehicles from across Europe to the armed forces.
Maksym Kostetskyi, who has been managing the purchase of vehicles from the UK, said demand from Ukrainian units was three times the level of supply, with units seeking cars, pickup trucks and SUVs.
He said: “There is a long waiting list. But we are very hopeful in that we have partners in the United Kingdom who are giving and providing the vehicles with lower prices.
“Especially for pickup trucks and used vehicles mostly. Yes, and these SUVs are usually like £4,000 or £5,000 each. Usually in Europe, people don’t buy them because they have right-hand drive, but during this time in the war times and in the field this is a great time to buy them.”
British cars were also used when Russian forces first invaded the east of Ukraine in 2014. “A lot of Ukrainian soldiers, they know how to drive this car with the steering wheel on the other side,” Prytula said.
When the cars are formally taken over by the Ukrainian army, their number plates will be blacked out. But in the early weeks of the war that has rarely happened, with the priority being to get the cars in action rather than deal with the paperwork.
Kostetskyi said: “We have partners over there that want to help Ukrainians and want to support all of us all the way they can. And we do believe that this is one of the biggest ways that the society and people of United Kingdom could support us as buying the same cars in other countries in the European Union costs twice as much.”
https://www.theguard...aines-frontline

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My opinion on the Russian invasion of Ukraine summed up in a YouTube video and a photo....

To the Ukrainians... Keep kicking Russian ass and don't stop till you take Moscow.
changing my avatar - ty

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
haven't heard anything here about it, so I guess it's not a 'big deal', as those that NEED the grains would be sinking Russian ships and blowing up the mines...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Russia has done things to Ukraine and their people that just can't be undone!
I thought the world (yes you Russia) would have learned a lesson or two from that other guy, Hitler, on what not to do to other countries and other people!

Russia was worried about Ukraine becoming part of the EU and or NATO, well now several other countries like Sweden and Finland are going to join, and Russian has been violating their airspace and waters for years.
Now Russia is threatening them with consequences if they join.
I think the consequences will be much worse for Russia!

Russia has backed themselves into a proverbial corner and it's going to take a lot of kissing something to get out of it!

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Russia has done things to Ukraine and their people that just can't be undone!
I thought the world (yes you Russia) would have learned a lesson or two from that other guy, Hitler, on what not to do to other countries and other people!

Russia was worried about Ukraine becoming part of the EU and or NATO, well now several other countries like Sweden and Finland are going to join, and Russian has been violating their airspace and waters for years.
Now Russia is threatening them with consequences if they join.
I think the consequences will be much worse for Russia!

Russia has backed themselves into a proverbial corner and it's going to take a lot of kissing something to get out of it!
We can only hope...

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Have to caution you guys, although this place and its mods seem to be pro Ukraine/anti Russia they still seem to use soviet secret police style tactics to silence dissidents. No gulag but you will be deleted, banned etc for talking about such truths such as the President af the United States sons connection to Ukraine and corruption.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Well, just for the hell of it, I watched "The Animated History of Ukraine" It is amazing that these people have been fighting for their independence for hundreds of years. And from the Russians since the 1700's. And it is also interesting that they are descendants of the Cossacks which probably explains why they are such fierce fighters.
However, if history repeats itself, their alliances to keep their independence were never very good.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have to caution you guys, although this place and its mods seem to be pro Ukraine/anti Russia they still seem to use soviet secret police style tactics to silence dissidents. No gulag but you will be deleted, banned etc for talking about such truths such as the President af the United States sons connection to Ukraine and corruption.
I'm German so it's Stalag 13 for anyone that steps out of line!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I miss having Flip around. Would like to hear his input on the situation. Mainly curious as to how many tanks a M series can tow.
You can catch him over there on that all purpose tractor forum. His personality shows there and he often gets grief from fellow poster about his arrogance. Pretty much always has the most, fastest, longest, best, biggest.... any superlative describes his conversations. :unsure: