What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It's not Snake-y if you are on the Kubota. ;)
^^^^^

I readily concede that would take the 'risk' away.

But I still maintain that area looks like it might harbor a snake or two. Colloquially.... "Snakey" where I'm from. :)

I have an area on my property that has a spring fed branch running through it and is just lousy with Copperheads.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
^^^^^

I readily concede that would take the 'risk' away.

But I still maintain that area looks like it might harbor a snake or two. Colloquially.... "Snakey" where I'm from. :)

I have an area on my property that has a spring fed branch running through it and is just lousy with Copperheads.
You were correct it your assessment 😂 was two that I saw anyways. Plan for now it just clearing out around it for now with the Bota. Will wait until “winter” to get out there with the saw and cut it up. They will be moving a little slower then 😂 and it’s just too dang hot to be sawing now anyways.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Snow and -10F degrees has been known to deter copperheads of any species, alligators, fire ants, and chiggers (whatever they are).

Never hit any of them with my snowblower.

Wolfman likes this picture - - says I look like Batman or some other caricature.

FullSizeRender_Original.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Water service job today. Started off badly...couldn't find the old galvanized line. Dug in both side of the sewer line and finally found it under an abandoned gas line. Oh, just what is it with people coming outside in their PJ's and no friggin shoes?

and nobody cuts their grass before we come...

H4-HEN776-1.JPG

Dig:

H4-HEN776-3.JPG

Three attempts two pull the old/new service. Kubota failed, Chevy dig truck failed. The Ram dump pulled it like it wasn't there. We got really lucky. We were PO'd that we'd have to drive the new service from a hallway in the basement under the porch. I said, lets give my truck a shot it. Glad that we tried. Saved us so much work.

New service and curb box in place.

H4-HEN776-4.JPG

Done:

H4-HEN776-7.JPG

Bye:

H4-HEN776-9.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Water service job today. Started off badly...couldn't find the old galvanized line. Dug in both side of the sewer line and finally found it under an abandoned gas line. Oh, just what is it with people coming outside in their PJ's and no friggin shoes?

View attachment 110247

Dig:

View attachment 110248

Three attempts two pull the old/new service. Kubota failed, Chevy dig truck failed. The Ram dump pulled it like it wasn't there. We got really lucky. We were PO'd that we'd have to drive the new service from a hallway in the basement under the porch. I said, lets give my truck a shot it. Glad that we tried. Saved us so much work.

View attachment 110250

Done:

View attachment 110252

Bye:

View attachment 110253
Shoeless Joe doesn't look very ambitious either. Nice job once again.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

View attachment 110247

Dig:

View attachment 110248

View attachment 110250

Done:

View attachment 110252

Bye:

View attachment 110253
@dirtydeed - probably said it before. You really need to establish an upstate New York branch.

Been trying to get my water service replaced for years….

< 25 feet…easy pull to the curb box.

Well, easy until I made the porch bigger…😉

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My 1880 got a new ballast box and a land planer this past week. Still need a few more attachments and should be good to. Never ending story getting attachments.

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
About a week ago, I had to go down to the river a do fence repairs. The very high water this Spring/early Summer was a little hard on the fence.

To better access the fence area required removing a very large Russian Olive tree, which worked the heck out of me and my little Kubota! Also, had to move a bunch of river silt/sand to create a better fence base!

To make matters worse, my seat has had a slight lean to the left, causing pretty good back pain with long usage. During this job, the seat took a very severe lean to the left…..darn near crippled me!

Yesterday, I decided to remove the seat and attempt a repair! Getting the seat out of the cab is a genuine pia! 😉

The seat is comprised of a spring-loaded, shock absorbed scissor type system! I found one of the scissor arms broken right at a pivot point! If getting the seat out of the cab was a challenge …..taking it apart, welding the broken scissor arm, and putting the seat back together was almost beyond description! 🙀 But…. I got‘r done!

Today was a recovery day…..maybe tomorrow it will find it’s way back into the cab! 😉 memtb

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
About a week ago, I had to go down to the river a do fence repairs. The very high water this Spring/early Summer was a little hard on the fence.

To better access the fence area required removing a very large Russian Olive tree, which worked the heck out of me and my little Kubota! Also, had to move a bunch of river silt/sand to create a better fence base!

To make matters worse, my seat has had a slight lean to the left, causing pretty good back pain with long usage. During this job, the seat took a very severe lean to the left…..darn near crippled me!

Yesterday, I decided to remove the seat and attempt a repair! Getting the seat out of the cab is a genuine pia! 😉

The seat is comprised of a spring-loaded, shock absorbed scissor type system! I found one of the scissor arms broken right at a pivot point! If getting the seat out of the cab was a challenge …..taking it apart, welding the broken scissor arm, and putting the seat back together was almost beyond description! 🙀 But…. I got‘r done!

Today was a recovery day…..maybe tomorrow it will find it’s way back into the cab! 😉 memtb
Being able to fix things yourself is rewarding in more ways than one!! You got it fixed and your back will be better.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

View attachment 110247

Dig:

View attachment 110248

View attachment 110250

Done:

View attachment 110252

Bye:

View attachment 110253
Hey, that fellow is on his way to Wal-Mart. Don't be picking on him! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
Being able to fix things yourself is rewarding in more ways than one!! You got it fixed and your back will be better.

I was pretty happy! Had I not gotten it fixed, with the price of a replacement seat…..I guess that I’d be sitting on an apple crate! 😁 memtb

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Snow and -10F degrees has been known to deter copperheads of any species, alligators, fire ants, and chiggers (whatever they are).

Never hit any of them with my snowblower.

Wolfman likes this picture - - says I look like Batman or some other caricature.

View attachment 110249
That is a very cool picture, @RCW !

Looks like The Batman on a budget. As if he could't afford a bat-snow mobile and got a K-mobile instead.

BTW, if you do that a lot... one word.... Cab. But if you had a cab, we'd never been able to enjoy the picture!

I sat in my heated cab LX2610 and moved snow for 2 solid days last Christmas. Pics are in this thread somewhere.. Anyway, although I had a jacket to get from the house to the Kubota, I was moving snow wearing a T-shirt. It was 16 degrees below, Fahrenheit. I kid you not. My neighbor was helping on his L3310 open station and I finally told him to go home. I said, "Thank you Tom, but you might die"! He went home. But what an incredible neighbor and friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Shredded a few acres today, I ran over an old head off a mattock pick, it shot out of the mower deck about 100mph and went about 60 or 70ft. Probably F'd up a big hunk out of one my blades.
I'll grab pictures of the tool tomorrow.

This evening I started sifting through old burn piles on the CTL. Consolidating all the piles, and move material that didn't burn into other brush piles. Only 30+ something more piles to play in. Going to disc up and plant grass seed soon and I hate having temporary obstacles like old burn piles in my way.

20230829_191038.jpg

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
about to do a landscape bed refresh...I've convinced myself that I'm done with mulch so it will all be stone now. Picked up a nice 9-10' blue atlas cedar at a bargain rate. We'll see how it does.

Blue Atlas Cedar-1.JPG

Blue Atlas Cedar-2.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Nice day to get the shooting bench ready to check the scope on the Deer rifle :)

IMG_3563.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Hit 400 hours today.
128 hours since Mar 13th.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users