What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
We are in a similar situation in that we use a LOT of power.......well pump, hot water heater, forced hot air heating, centra A/C, mini-splits for the basement, hot tub, etc. add in some of the nation's highest electrical rates and our electric bill is between $350 and 650/month so the payoff timeline for us on this is only in the 8-9 year range.

This is a retirement play for us (we 48 and 49).......I can't control property taxes or healthcare costs we will face in retirement but I can do this and eliminate the bulk if not all our power expense and if we eventually move to at least one vehicle being an EV we are controlling even more of our expenses as a hedge against energy costs.

39 panels for us feels like a small substation but we clearly need it.
Our electric rates here in PA appear to be somewhat less than yours but we have all kinds of cryptic fees and taxes on the bill. I have everything but the hot tub but I do have a tool & die shop on the same bill, never has it been more than $200. We are now almost fully retired but still doing an occasional job in the shop, of course the house is fully on since we are there most of the time. Maybe conservation is what is needed to lower the bill.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not here, not this year. It's so dry, the trees have brown gemrass rings around them. They suck up all the water and don't share with the grass we seeded in the spring.
In my area, grass seeding in the Spring is almost always a total failure!
Lots of weeds will grow, with very little grass.
Late Sept. seeding is usually perfect timing here.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
In my area, grass seeding in the Spring is almost always a total failure!
Lots of weeds will grow, with very little grass.
Late Sept. seeding is usually perfect timing here.
They usually are here too. I used to start prepping around labor day. Too hot and dry this year.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Yesterday I cut the brush and cleaned up the bank along the main road. I like the dump trailer with just stakes for jobs like that.

DanielsFarm1A.JPG

DanielsFarm2A.JPG

gg

Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Implement roulette moving things out of the garage and into the shed.

20230825_173548.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
What brand is the trailer? That is exactly what I am looking for, but haven't found it yet. thanks
It's a Pronovost made in Canada. Mine is a model P-503. They come with removable side panels. I added the stake pockets and the side rail stiffeners/stake guides.

P1180485.JPG

gg

Reactions: 4 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Moved K out of the way so I could mount bending brake to the wall. Getting to old to muscle it around anymore!

IMG_0392.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looks kinda 'Snake-y' in there!

View attachment 110194
I thought that I recognized that snake, but I wasn't certain until I checked another website picture. That is a Northern Copperhead, and that is one snake that I would want to stay clear of. I don't believe in killing snakes, however, if they set up housekeeping near my home, then I believe that it is time that they be dispatched to some other location.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I thought that I recognized that snake, but I wasn't certain until I checked another website picture. That is a Northern Copperhead, and that is one snake that I would want to stay clear of. I don't believe in killing snakes, however, if they set up housekeeping near my home, then I believe that it is time that they be dispatched to some other location.
It is a well fed Copperhead too.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Its a 'Southern' Copperhead actually. We have that and the 'Broad-Banded' Copperhead where I live.

That one fell out of an old tire I had picked up to move.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It is a well fed Copperhead too.
Female most likely. Looked 'Gravid' to me (about to bear live young).

They normally have their young this month (August) and September in my area (Deep East Texas). Even a well fed Copperhead would not normally be that 'thick' all the way to its tail.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Oh, waahhh.😫

Near the house, the only good poisonous snake is a dead one. I've got a wife, a dog and family and friends around.

I've picked the small ones up with a kids grabber toy and taken them miles away before. But now. my Ruger Mk4 22 saves me the hassle.

I don't go messing with a snake's hole or home in the forest, they can stay away from my house or they get snuffed.

Especially a female snake about to give birth. It's like a hand grenade about to explode. Might need the 12 guage for that killer snake.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users