What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Started pulling implements out of the tree line and putting them on Harbor Freight dollies in the new barn. Made a possum very upset when I moved the brush cutter and they lost their nice dry home

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Ran like hell the opposite way I was going. I’m sure it will find a nice dead tree or one of the neighbors trucks that are parked outside to live in

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Here's a link to his website.
He's a great guy to deal with. Paid $225.00 with shipping for my set. They are all hand made by Mark. Basically remove the chains and turn buckles and bolt these on. Easy as pie. There is a bit of a wait for them. I contacted Mark sometime in late spring. He was up front about his expected wait times. Figured I lived with the chains for so long the wait was fine. I Liked that I was supporting a small business too. His quality is very good. Attention to detail is excellent as well. Even the pins he sends with, tethered to the arms and a spring ball detent. No extra keeper pins, can't drop the pin and loose it, and one handed adjustments. Just really thought out and simple.
Thanks, went to his website and also sent him an email.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
First snow deep enough to plow. About 4 inches and less than an hour of seat time. New led headlamps are sweet.
Did not hit anything and did not break anything so the season is off to a good start.

Reactions: 2 users

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
This past Tuesday I got to fully appreciate just how good my MX6000 is and how well it's set up for snow removal!

I spent a few days with a "friend" on Mount Spokane and borrowed her dad's New Holland tractor to clear her driveway. She's on 20 acres and had a lot of snow up there this past weekend. I discovered what a complete POS her dad's tractor is with a crappy rear blade attachment, and how poorly set up it was with the rear chains catching on the lift arms, etc. I got the left lift arm moved over as much as I could by messing with the turnbuckles but it was still a struggle to use the rear blade when moving forward.

It would have taken me 10 minutes to clear her driveway with the MX but I was out there for over an hour trying to get her driveway and parking areas cleared up. I then had to spend another 20 minutes with a shovel to finish the job!

View attachment 91850

View attachment 91851
The chains fetching up is due to the wide R-4 and/or R-14 tires without wheel spacers. R-1’s give you and additional 3 to 4 inches of room for sway arms on 3-point hitch. I had to keep arm tension very tight and the implement centred, no room to off-set, as your and my photos show!

Attachments

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
First snow deep enough to plow. About 4 inches and less than an hour of seat time. New led headlamps are sweet.
Did not hit anything and did not break anything so the season is off to a good start.
Groundhog day. Back out to plow what fell overnight.
Plow shoe found soft grass and I ripped up the lawn a little. Nothing new. In the spring I put everything back where it should be. Dirt into the lawn and gravel back to the driveway.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Got the important stuff moved in to the new barn. Will work on everything else the last two weeks of the year when my son is home to help. I need to get shelves in so I don’t have crap everywhere

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Got out a little early to plow. Boy am I envious of @johnjk ’s barn above! I ordered a carport in April that has yet to show. Hopefully my credit card company will help me get my money back, and I’ll build a tractor shelter next year.

3DB1C356-9D6C-44E0-B837-F1E43D91EF72.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Got out a little early to plow. Boy am I envious of @johnjk ’s barn above! I ordered a carport in April that has yet to show. Hopefully my credit card company will help me get my money back, and I’ll build a tractor shelter next year.

View attachment 92072
A large plastic tarp would have covered the tractor and provided you will have a lot less work cleaning it off. I used to cover my tractor with a blue plastic tarp, and then brush the snow off of the tarp and then pull the tarp off of the tractor to go snow blowing.
I would wait a little longer for your carport to be delivered since everyone is backed up with getting materials. This past fall I enclosed the rear and one side of my metal carport. I had bought the material a couple of years ago, but couldn't put it on alone, and finally got a couple of friends to give me a hand. Now I wish that I have bought enough to do both sides, and then I could build a wooden front to it with an overhead door to keep the snow out of it.

Danl1957

Equipment
Bx2380, fel, rear blade, mower, winch, JD 318, HD road king, sportster, boats
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
Cleared the driveway of light snow today, 3 to 4 inches. Used the rear blade and bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A large plastic tarp would have covered the tractor and provided you will have a lot less work cleaning it off. I used to cover my tractor with a blue plastic tarp, and then brush the snow off of the tarp and then pull the tarp off of the tractor to go snow blowing.
I would wait a little longer for your carport to be delivered since everyone is backed up with getting materials. This past fall I enclosed the rear and one side of my metal carport. I had bought the material a couple of years ago, but couldn't put it on alone, and finally got a couple of friends to give me a hand. Now I wish that I have bought enough to do both sides, and then I could build a wooden front to it with an overhead door to keep the snow out of it.
Enclosed storage is a wonderful thing for any tractor/equipment!
You can now work toward that goal for next Winter.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Nothing exciting, just a total service and install of 4 pt Front hitch and snowblower. It is a 100% guarantee I will really, really want my loader in the next 24 hrs, lol

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Nothing exciting, just a total service and install of 4 pt Front hitch and snowblower. It is a 100% guarantee I will really, really want my loader in the next 24 hrs, lol
I put up 80 drive markers so the wife can see the drive in the snow. Guaranteed a snowless winter but I did get some exercise. A bit easier to reverse than a front mount snow blower

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Everyone NEEDS A SECOND tractor with loader!