What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Good people can't ignore ignorant comments, and it isn't going to get the thread locked when they are pointed out. Maybe GeoHorn needs another time out because of his comments.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Good people can't ignore ignorant comments, and it isn't going to get the thread locked when they are pointed out. Maybe GeoHorn needs another time out because of his comments.
I would hope an important and long running thread like this one... would not become locked.

I believe the Moderators on this forum are level headed and as accommodating "as can be' of what we all post. If deemed necessary, surely they would just 'edit' certain posts and issue any admonishments they feel required.

No doubt make their job easier if we go back to the 'regularly scheduled program' and try to ignore interrupting posts as best we can.

I pledge to do my best. Pretty sure I've skated on some thin ice at times.

Flint.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Getting ready to load in to the barn. Pulled out the B3200 and did a winter fluid check. Front axel slightly low and the hydraulic system was low as well. Just touching the lower ring on the dipstick. Topped off both and I now have a leak in my right front tire. Just filled it a few weeks back and empty. No visible cuts or punctures. Will monitor and may run it in to a local tire shop to have it checked

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Driving down a local road, here's a B26xx sitting in the middle of the road. Asked the lady if she needed a hand, and she replied in the affirmative. Went home and got the LX2610, and a chain, in case hers needed to be towed. Got there and determined she'd been using the front mount snow blower, and she'd got off to talk to a neighbor, at which time the engine died. (DING!) Had her disengage PTO lever, and Viola! it started. Gave her a quick lesson on the Operator Present switch, and how it worked. Happy Neighbor!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Driving down a local road, here's a B26xx sitting in the middle of the road. Asked the lady if she needed a hand, and she replied in the affirmative. Went home and got the LX2610, and a chain, in case hers needed to be towed. Got there and determined she'd been using the front mount snow blower, and she'd got off to talk to a neighbor, at which time the engine died. (DING!) Had her disengage PTO lever, and Viola! it started. Gave her a quick lesson on the Operator Present switch, and how it worked. Happy Neighbor!
Good job, good neighbor/citizen! (y)

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
I changed the hydraulic and transmission filters on my LX2610. 249.8 hours. Originals changed at 47 hours.

I used the shop vac and that worked really good. My shop vac hose is only 1 1/2”, but I had an adapter to step up to 2 1/2”. The hose adapter was a good in the fill port and created a good vacuum. Lost very little hydraulic fluid.

On Thursday I replaced the broken bush hog blade. Put 2 new blades on.
3 broken blades in the last 3 years.
3 sets of blades in 11 seasons of bush hogging.
37BE73EF-E08A-45FA-B9C0-321B3B8DB0C6.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Broken blades make great pry bars, especially when you grind the ends so there are no sharp corners to bite your hands.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Didn't do diddly on the tractor today. Yesterday, though I chipped up a couple pretty good size piles of brush. (Paying for it today with a sore back). Used the grapple to move them near my chip pile, then just parked by that with the chute pointed that way. Got a pretty good chip heap going. I put a couple buckets of chips in with a couple buckets of leaf compost and soil, then we add kitchen veggie scraps and egg shells to it for about 6 months. I turn it every month or so, and usually find night crawlers the size of snakes in the compost heap.

Maybe some stump extractions tomorrow. Got a bunch of stuff cut off about half knee high ranging from 1 to 8 inches diameter. I leave 'em tall enough to see, but not tall enough to catch under the tractor, and then, paint the tops of them with bright orange marker paint so I can see 'em easy when I go after them.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Not today, had to work, installed them yesterday. I got my stabilizer bars from Mark Hodge. Must say his work is excellent. Very happy with them.

Attachments

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not today, had to work, installed them yesterday. I got my stabilizer bars from Mark Hodge. Must say his work is excellent. Very happy with them.
Hmmm ....

Those are nice! So they just replace the chain/turnbuckle type we normally find on many Kubota tractors (like mine)?

Tell me more about them.....or where I can find info please. With some of my implements the chains come very near (or do) hit my tires.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Hmmm ....

Those are nice! So they just replace the chain/turnbuckle type we normally find on many Kubota tractors (like mine)?

Tell me more about them.....or where I can find info please. With some of my implements the chains come very near (or do) hit my tires.
I cheated and did a quick forum search and found the information and some pictures of his work. Contact Mark at markhdg@gmail.com if you are interested in a pair.

Kubota2.jpg
kubota1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Here's a link to his website.
He's a great guy to deal with. Paid $225.00 with shipping for my set. They are all hand made by Mark. Basically remove the chains and turn buckles and bolt these on. Easy as pie. There is a bit of a wait for them. I contacted Mark sometime in late spring. He was up front about his expected wait times. Figured I lived with the chains for so long the wait was fine. I Liked that I was supporting a small business too. His quality is very good. Attention to detail is excellent as well. Even the pins he sends with, tethered to the arms and a spring ball detent. No extra keeper pins, can't drop the pin and loose it, and one handed adjustments. Just really thought out and simple.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Here's a link to his website.
He's a great guy to deal with. Paid $225.00 with shipping for my set. They are all hand made by Mark. Basically remove the chains and turn buckles and bolt these on. Easy as pie. There is a bit of a wait for them. I contacted Mark sometime in late spring. He was up front about his expected wait times. Figured I lived with the chains for so long the wait was fine. I Liked that I was supporting a small business too. His quality is very good. Attention to detail is excellent as well. Even the pins he sends with, tethered to the arms and a spring ball detent. No extra keeper pins, can't drop the pin and loose it, and one handed adjustments. Just really thought out and simple.
My LX came with 'em, but those do look a little beefier.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
My LX came with 'em, but those do look a little beefier.
Yeah the newer tractors come with them, and there are retrofit kits for some modules of tractors. I haven't been impressed with the retrofit kits from kubota and the generic telescopic stabilizer kits are pretty much a bad joke imo.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I wonder how the arms that Messicks had manufactured for the BX series tractors compare to the outstanding quality of Mark's arms?
I haven't seen a set in person, but I have studied photos. I won't comment on quality, just list differences that I see- I use larger/thicker steel, grade 8 bolts instead of pins and clips, cable lanyards to keep the pins from getting lost, and I warranty mine. I'm not sure if a customer can reach out to the manufacturer that Messick's uses, but I can be reached 7 days a week. The Messicks set is $210.27 shipped, mine is $215.00 shipped.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I cut and chipped some of the tops the logger left behind.
Them I dropped the chipper and mounted the snow blower.
If we have a good stretch of weather I will put the chipper back on.
I think I will rent a good size excavator in the spring and do some stump removal
I also mounted some new tie down hooks.
IMG_20221124_113714411_HDR.jpg