What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You may not be as well-received after this post…. seems he reads these forums…. :ROFLMAO:
Good for him, but it doesn't change the fact that the tractor is a POS and the set up is a joke. As for being well received .... whatever. :sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
This past Tuesday I got to fully appreciate just how good my MX6000 is and how well it's set up for snow removal!

I spent a few days with a "friend" on Mount Spokane and borrowed her dad's New Holland tractor to clear her driveway. She's on 20 acres and had a lot of snow up there this past weekend. I discovered what a complete POS her dad's tractor is with a crappy rear blade attachment, and how poorly set up it was with the rear chains catching on the lift arms, etc. I got the left lift arm moved over as much as I could by messing with the turnbuckles but it was still a struggle to use the rear blade when moving forward.

It would have taken me 10 minutes to clear her driveway with the MX but I was out there for over an hour trying to get her driveway and parking areas cleared up. I then had to spend another 20 minutes with a shovel to finish the job!

View attachment 91850

View attachment 91851

Looks like you might be able to move the 'pins' to the inside of the frame of the blade mount and create enough clearance for the tire chains. Not an uncommon necessity on Class 1 tractors and implements.

I would argue the New Holland tractor is a "POS" as you characterized.....but certainly the implement needs some adjustment. While not the snow clearing machine you possess....it is what was available for use and some folks must 'make do'.

Reactions: 1 user

Danl1957

Equipment
Bx2380, fel, rear blade, mower, winch, JD 318, HD road king, sportster, boats
Sep 12, 2022
Vermont
As a new owner of a bx2380, I need more seat time to get the feel of the FEL . To improve the drainage around my home, today started grading work to improve rain run off. Wish me luck, it’s only dirt, lol

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
As a new owner of a bx2380, I need more seat time to get the feel of the FEL . To improve the drainage around my home, today started grading work to improve rain run off. Wish me luck, it’s only dirt, lol
Be careful as you learn to operate your tractor and FEL. Go slowly and let the tractor do the work. When you get tired QUIT for the day.

Have fun, be safe.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Looks like you might be able to move the 'pins' to the inside of the frame of the blade mount and create enough clearance for the tire chains. Not an uncommon necessity on Class 1 tractors and implements.

I would argue the New Holland tractor is a "POS" as you characterized.....but certainly the implement needs some adjustment. While not the snow clearing machine you possess....it is what was available for use and some folks must 'make do'.
The ship already sailed and sank. I did what was asked and saved the woman in question around $250 that was quoted to have someone drive out and clear her driveway. When I was moving snow around it occurred to me that the little BX25 I had (and sold) with the front mount snow blower and rear blade would be perfect at her place. She even has a really nice shop to keep it in. Oh well.

And I had no such problems with the rear blade, chains or whatever with the BX. I also maintained the BX to the extent that it was like new when sold. The NH in question looks like it's not seen much in the way of care or maintenance. It was a pleasure to be home and using the MX this morning at my place.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The ship already sailed and sank. I did what was asked and saved the woman in question around $250 that was quoted to have someone drive out and clear her driveway. When I was moving snow around it occurred to me that the little BX25 I had (and sold) with the front mount snow blower and rear blade would be perfect at her place. She even has a really nice shop to keep it in. Oh well.

And I had no such problems with the rear blade, chains or whatever with the BX. I also maintained the BX to the extent that it was like new when sold. The NH in question looks like it's not seen much in the way of care or maintenance. It was a pleasure to be home and using the MX this morning at my place.
It is well understood that you have superior equipment so we needn't labor the point (by comparison).

But with respect to the equipment you had at hand....it is clear... a simple adjustment could be made (move pins inboard) to clear the tire chains. Not your responsibility of course.

The fact that the implement was poorly set up, FEL and a blade not being the equal of a snow blower speaks only to the effectiveness of the rig for the job at hand, not the build quality or reliability.

Presumably the tractor started up and ran adequately for you, despite a lack of maintenance? No one would argue there are better ways to clear snow and more suitable equipment, if that were your point.

But I think calling the N/H a 'POS' is a bit over the top....simply because it doesn't hold a candle to your personal equipment. That is all. :unsure:

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It is well understood that you have superior equipment so we needn't labor the point (by comparison).

But with respect to the equipment you had at hand....it is clear... a simple adjustment could be made (move pins inboard) to clear the tire chains. Not your responsibility of course.

The fact that the implement was poorly set up, FEL and a blade not being the equal of a snow blower speaks only to the effectiveness of the rig for the job at hand, not the build quality or reliability.

Presumably the tractor started up and ran adequately for you, despite a lack of maintenance? No one would argue there are better ways to clear snow and more suitable equipment, if that were your point.

But I think calling the N/H a 'POS' is a bit over the top....simply because it doesn't hold a candle to your personal equipment. That is all. :unsure:
You make a lot of points but you weren't the one that had to get all the snow removed as quickly as possible. I was the one outside in the cold bashing my knuckles trying to get the lift arms adjusted such that the tire chains wouldn't ride up under the lift arm levelers where they're pinned to the lift arms. No wonder the woman's dad only runs the tractor in reverse!

As for how the tractor ran, it wasn't great. It did start fairly well, and it ran ok when in gear, but the gear box and/or clutch was out of adjustment, the lift arms didn't work that well, and overall it was not a fun piece of equipment to use. Add in the fact that I had to drive it from house A to house B and then drive it back to get my truck at a top speed of maybe "I can walk faster than this" made for a "fun" afternoon.

But then again I'm probably making all of this up since I have nothing better to do today.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
You make a lot of points but you weren't the one that had to get all the snow removed as quickly as possible. I was the one outside in the cold bashing my knuckles trying to get the lift arms adjusted such that the tire chains wouldn't ride up under the lift arm levelers where they're pinned to the lift arms. No wonder the woman's dad only runs the tractor in reverse!

As for how the tractor ran, it wasn't great. It did start fairly well, and it ran ok when in gear, but the gear box and/or clutch was out of adjustment, the lift arms didn't work that well, and overall it was not a fun piece of equipment to use. Add in the fact that I had to drive it from house A to house B and then drive it back to get my truck at a top speed of maybe "I can walk faster than this" made for a "fun" afternoon.

But then again I'm probably making all of this up since I have nothing better to do today.
No I don't think you are making anything up. And you are to be commended for helping the lady out. I'm just surprised at your post, it seems so out of character for you.

If there is such a thing as "helpers remorse'.....maybe that is what it is.... IDK. But 'good on you' for the effort put forth to help the lady. (y)

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

I lol’d at “I can walk faster than this.”

Not knowing the first thing about snow removal, I’d be willing to bet, anything with a motor and seat beats a shovel anyday.

• Haha
  • Love

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I lol’d at “I can walk faster than this.”

Not knowing the first thing about snow removal, I’d be willing to bet, anything with a motor and seat beats a shovel anyday.
Oh yes, absolutely orders of magnitude better than a shovel. That's a good point actually. I should be grateful that her dad let me use his tractor. The father and daughter have a very contentious relationship and I was supposed to have a lot more time to get the driveway cleared. It worked out but it was such a contrast to my experience at home. I guess I've become spoiled and increasingly intolerant in my old age.

If I lived there and had the BX still it would be a perfect little tractor for that place. Her dad is on 300 acres that adjoins her property so I was expecting him to have bigger and better equipment. He's got millions of dollars supposedly but you wouldn't know it.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
@mcmxi
Looking at the second picture I would suggest you see if the implement pins could be turned to the inside of the implement frame so the lower 3 point arms are able to be closer together and farther away from the rear wheel chains.

That implement looks about as wide as you could possibly use with that wheel spacing. I think I would have trouble getting the lower arms out far enough to get onto the pins.

On my small L185 I almost always have to arrange for the pins towards the inside to make it easier to fit, but it has the disadvantage that the stabilization turnbuckle has to be as long as possible when putting the arm onto the pin.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@mcmxi
Looking at the second picture I would suggest you see if the implement pins could be turned to the inside of the implement frame so the lower 3 point arms are able to be closer together and farther away from the rear wheel chains.

That implement looks about as wide as you could possibly use with that wheel spacing. I think I would have trouble getting the lower arms out far enough to get onto the pins.

On my small L185 I almost always have to arrange for the pins towards the inside to make it easier to fit, but it has the disadvantage that the stabilization turnbuckle has to be as long as possible when putting the arm onto the pin.
Good idea and something I'd pursue if it were my tractor. I didn't have any tools, spacers, washers etc. or else I would have tried to shim the lift arms closer to the implement and away from the wheels. All I could do was tighten up the linkage as much as possible and it worked well enough for me to get the job done.

It took me a while to figure out why the blade kept lifting up when going forward and pulling snow. I wondered if it was an automatic feature if the blade hit an obstacle, but then I realized that the tire chain on the left side was getting caught on the lift arm link and raising the entire 3-point linkage. ☺

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you were sleeping on the weekend with my daughter and borrowing my tractor to warm-her-up to you and you dissed my choice of tractor which I had allowed you to use for your purposes…. we’d have a contentious relationship for good reason.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
If you were sleeping on the weekend with my daughter and borrowing my tractor to warm-her-up to you and you dissed my choice of tractor which I had allowed you to use for your purposes…. we’d have a contentious relationship for good reason.
WHAT............?

Where did that come from?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Don’t take it too seriously. (I just thought it kinda funny to spend the weekend with a girl, try to do something nice for her, using her Daddy’s tractor, then going on the internet where the man might read it and to call it a POS.)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
WHAT............?

Where did that come from?
I had the same thought.

The tractor is an inanimate object, it's not a person. There's nothing personal about my describing the tractor in a less then flattering way. It says nothing about her dad or his daughter. What does say a lot about her dad is that he loaned her money at a rate of 14% so that she could pay property taxes and not lose her house, but according to her the loan was part of a larger plan to get her house. This is a man who has a lot of money.

And making veiled threats over the internet behind the safety of a keyboard is pathetic.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
@enriquesonora , @Old_Paint

Dealer found the issue - leaking oil pan as I suspected. The pans are RTV'd so I'd guess insufficient RTV or insufficient cure time/process but who knows. I am GLAD this thing is under warranty. I didn't check my service manual, but dealer mentioned having to split the tractor in two to replace the pan on this model and it's a couple thousand dollar job 😮

• Wow

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Geo, you make a lot of presumptive opinions so you have something to post on the forum!

Here's another example, a post you made a couple of weeks ago: " The New Testament is the New Covenant… superceding the old…. those that understand that call themselves “Christians” and mean it. Those that insist on emphasizing the practices of the Old Testament miss the point …and are NOT Christians.… but are heretics and hypocrites when they claim so.

Are you at the age you're concerned about not being here and have to tell everyone what you know or believe?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
C'mon guys, don't get this thread locked... Take that bs to Off-topic.

Reactions: 7 users