What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Something I never thought to mention......was something I do pretty regularly. We have a heavy (20 K pound) 5th wheel rv, and use a heavy duty, air ride hitch which weighs 280 pounds.....which we remove when not in use to free-up my truck bed. This is done fairly often! Our old, lighter duty hitch broke down into 2 manageable pieces.....not so this one!

Yesterday, I was using our Kabota to install the hitch for a Christmas trip, when I thought of this forum! So.....another use for the Kabota! 😁 memtb
What do you pull that RV with? I'm out of the loop these days as to what current trucks are capable of pulling but 20k sounds like quite the load. My old F250 7.3L wouldn't be able to handle that much trailer.

I remember a few years back reading about a small company that would convert the big 18 wheeler tractors to a single rear axle so no CDL required, refurbish the entire thing and then sell them to folks pulling large RVs. They typically were high mileage vehicles but the refurb would often include a complete engine and transmission rebuild. They were also incredible value for money in that they could easily pull a large RV, have large fuel tanks, sleeping quarters etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It was a HOT 82 degrees today and hopefully I parked my ZT mower for the last time.
IMG_1447.JPG

Ain't supposed to cut grass in December.
IMG_1446.JPG

But I did plus used the sweeper to pick up the fallen Pine straw. 'nuff is 'nuff. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Used the snow pusher to clean up the driveway around the house and made a stop at the dealer to price up a LX3310.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Another moving on from the LX2610?
Probably. I love the LX2610, i put just over 200 hours on it in 16 months and it has preformed well in almost everything i have asked of it with the exception of mowing this past season. I went from a big fan of the mmm in 2020 to completely despising it in 2021 with it constantly getting plugged up with grass and a shoulder and lower back injury making the job of removing/installing it more difficult. I picked up a 84" REM and that solved my back and shoulder dilemma and the tractor handled it fine as the two properties I presently mow are board flat. That being said I was approached to mow a couple other adjacent yards and the 2610 did struggle with the big mower.

So, i tried selling the deck and didnt get a bite on it and i would like to be rid of it vs it hanging out in storage and I was also looking at picking up some additional side jobs with the tractor and wanted to stay in the same frame size since I wouldn't have to replace my trailer or implements. I hope to have pricing sometime this week and if I pull the trigger hopefully see the new machine before summer.

Reactions: 2 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Best of luck Gallows!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
We had a lot of wind in central ny last night. I didn't have any problem but neighbors in their 70's whom my wife is friends thru facebook ask if we were OK this morning. They weren't, as they had a pine tree near the house break off about 10 ft from the ground and it hit the house. It was about 20" at the base but broke at a crotch where it had rotted. I ask her to offer help if they needed it. 4 hrs later With much help from the kubota we had it off the roof and patched 6 small branch punches till they can get a roofer there and see if it is OK structurally too. Again it makes me smile to be able to help someone, but the tractor was a big help. I was able to cable it using the high stump as a dead man and a sheave on the part on the house to lift and swing slightly to remove it with no further damage. The near 80 yo Ray never took a break, and this 68yo didn't either.

Bill

Reactions: 8 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Bless you for helping your neighbors.

D

Deleted member 47704

Nothing exciting, just moved tractor from one parking spot to another.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Helped a friend with about 300' of wire fence installation. Got done about 4pm, and his wife fed us (7 guys) pulled pork sammiches from their smoker. By 6pm it was snowing HARD. Woke up this morning to about 7 inches. Lost 1 big branch off one tree and another tree broke off about 40' up. Figured it was time to take the FEL off and put the blower on!
20211212_072844.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
What do you pull that RV with? I'm out of the loop these days as to what current trucks are capable of pulling but 20k sounds like quite the load. My old F250 7.3L wouldn't be able to handle that much trailer.

I remember a few years back reading about a small company that would convert the big 18 wheeler tractors to a single rear axle so no CDL required, refurbish the entire thing and then sell them to folks pulling large RVs. They typically were high mileage vehicles but the refurb would often include a complete engine and transmission rebuild. They were also incredible value for money in that they could easily pull a large RV, have large fuel tanks, sleeping quarters etc.

mcmxi, The truck is an ‘07 Ram 3500, 6.7. I’m a bit (OK a bunch) over the listed tow ratings and over the listed weight rating for the truck. It tows great and gets decent fuel mileage when driven conservatively.

The real weak link in the system is the tires/rims. We addressed that issue with 19.5” tires and steel rims.

We are ex owner/operators and considered going with the modified Class 8 route. Much cheaper than a new loaded-out 4x4 truck if you get one just over 500K miles. We would have done the conversion and putting on a steel deck (for driver weight and tool boxes, storage, ect). It’s certainly better than a pick up truck for towing. However, we don’t tow enough to justify the rig, plus they absolutely “suck” on snow and ice. We live in Wyoming and do a bit of winter travel. Though, it’s often real tempting to go for it! 🙂 memtb

Last edited:

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
mcmxi, The truck is an ‘07 Ram 3500, 6.7. I’m a bit (OK a bunch) over the listed tow ratings and over the listed weight rating for the truck. It tows great and gets decent fuel mileage when driven conservatively.

The real weak link in the system is the tires/rims. We addressed that issue with 19.5” tires and steel rims.

We are ex owner/operators and considered going with the modified Class 8 route. Much cheaper than a new loaded-out 4x4 truck if you get one just over 500K miles. We would have done the conversion and putting on a steel deck (for driver weight and tool boxes, storage, ect). It’s certainly better than a pick up truck for towing. However, we don’t tow enough to justify the rig, plus they absolutely “suck” on snow and ice. We live in Wyoming and do a bit of winter travel. Though, it’s often real tempting to go for it! 🙂 memtb
Sounds like a big arse trailer.

We currently stick with a smaller (much smaller) TT that I can actually move around with the B2601, which was one of the use cases for the tractor. Tows nicely with our 2014 Ram 2500 6.4L. Thinking of moving to an Airstream in a year or so.......we will see....

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming

We currently stick with a smaller (much smaller) TT that I can actually move around with the B2601, which was one of the use cases for the tractor. Tows nicely with our 2014 Ram 2500 6.4L. Thinking of moving to an Airstream in a year or so.......we will see....
While large, it’d not really that big......39 ft. However, it’s built like a tank. In it’s day, it was one of the highest rated 5th wheels for full timing. The brand (Teton Homes) came with a -20 F warrantee (we’ve been cooler than 30 below a couple of times) , stated that the heater would cycle while maintaining a comfortable inside temperature and no water freeze-ups. While we do not full-time, as our avatar photo indicates .....we do winter “boondocking” trips. Plus, it has a pretty plush interior! memtb

Last edited:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
How do you like your rear 3 point blower? Is that model you have listed Landpride?
I'm planning on one in the future, and curios if you are happy with yours.
No, it's an MK Martin/Meteor. I like it, I like it a lot.
1639414835010.png

Things I like:
Can drive forwards/Don't have to crank my neck like a push type 3pt.
Can still use the FEL as normal
While it does stick out quite a bit, the turning of the blower is near the turning of the tractor, ie, when I turn I'm not dragging the blower sideways much. I've got several turns in my driveway.

Things I don't like:
It's awkward to clear packed snow out of it. I try to clean as much of the snow off of it every time I use it, but that involves getting in between the tractor and the blower. There's other stuff there that gets in the way.
I've gotta drive over everything that I blow. Not a problem in most cases, but makes blowing new paths in deep snow more difficult. Also hard for pushing back banks and stuff. But I still have access to the FEL, so that's not really a problem.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use a spray wax on the blower and augers and that helps to keep them snow-free. I also use a vegetable-based aerosol spray (a less expensive alternative to Pam) on the inside of the chute to keep the snow from packing on the sides of the chute. I also removed the front guard from the chute and that improved my snow-blowing experiences. I also use a block heater to keep the engine warm when I know I will be doing snow removal, and the snowblower and plow are kept in an unheated canvas-type garage. Keeping them cold reduces the melting of the snow as it comes in contact with the metal. Don't know if it makes a lot of difference, but in my mind, it should.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Yeah, I was trying to get some fluid film all over the inside, and it works a bit, but... Last time I blew the snow it was really wet and sticky. I've picked up some dirt from the sides of the roads, too - I think that probably rubbed some FF off and helps the snow stick, but, you know...
I've got a block heater and it's in an unheated pole barn. The snow sticking isn't really a problem, it's just an annoyance. I'm trying to keep it nice, I just need to balance my urge to keep it good and clean with my desire to not spend as much time cleaning as I do blowing snow. Oh well.
I still like it.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Thinking of moving to an Airstream in a year or so.......we will see....
Make sure to do your research on them before pulling the trigger. I’ve always thought they were sweet but after talking with a few people coming through my park with new ones I’m not so sure they are what they use to be. Only speaking from what I’ve been told but Cheaply made like all the other RVs these days was the impression I got.

Definitely some trailer manufacturers that are better then others and offer models worth upgrading to but your going to pay for it. And just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s one of those models or manufactures worth paying for. Kinda makes it tricky and why I urge people to do some hard research.
most are all being built quick and cheap in my opinion. I’ve got a bit of experience in the trailer game and get to hear all kinds of opinions and issues people have with their trailers new and used. Some I could do without lol.

FreezinGator

Equipment
BX1500 LA181 FEL 48MMM Back blade
Jul 10, 2020
Upstate NY
Finally got around to hooking up the tractor side permanent wiring for the trickle charger/maintainer. For $20 it'll probably pay for itself in extended battery life. Its going to be nice not having to pull/replace the battery compartment cover to hook up the charger. ⚡ :cool:

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming

River19,

Airstream was recently (within the last 4 or so years) been bought out by one of the huge conglomerates that dominate 80+% of the rv industry. Almost all, and probably “all” of the name brand rv’s that they bought out took a near immediate drop in quality of components and quality control. They rely on name recognition to maintain their sales while the bean counters make high profits for the conglomerate! 🤬

RV’s like boats take a huge depreciation when used. We’ve never bought a new rv..... much prefer the original owner to take the big monetary hit. We bought our last Teton which was only 8 years old for about 1/3 of what the original owner had invested. Yes, it needed some minor detailing, soon needed new tires, batteries after 2 years but had been pretty well maintained and we saved about $125K. The savings more than covered the minimal expenses and a little work from me! memtb.

Last edited: