What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Put 2.5 hours on the BX pulling the lawn sweeper around the yard picking up leaves and about a billion seed pods from the d@#n honey locust trees in the yard. I swear I'm going to cut those things down one of the days.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Dragged my Vermeer chipper around chipping all the pines that have taken hold in the past 10 years. Yesterday that chipper was running like a champ, and today, I ran it out of gas not realizing that the chipper was thirsty. Put fuel back into the chipper, and now the carburetor must have sucked up something that it doesn't like because it will only run with the choke almost fully closed. Will have to dig into it later when the weather warms up, because it was freezing outside this late afternoon. Sorry, no pictures, because I was busy taking it apart attempting to fix it. Did find a giant mouse nest surrounding the cylinder that I didn't see any evidence of until I had all the shrouding apart.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Dragged my Vermeer chipper around chipping all the pines that have taken hold in the past 10 years. Yesterday that chipper was running like a champ, and today, I ran it out of gas not realizing that the chipper was thirsty. Put fuel back into the chipper, and now the carburetor must have sucked up something that it doesn't like because it will only run with the choke almost fully closed. Will have to dig into it later when the weather warms up, because it was freezing outside this late afternoon. Sorry, no pictures, because I was busy taking it apart attempting to fix it. Did find a giant mouse nest surrounding the cylinder that I didn't see any evidence of until I had all the shrouding apart.
Dusty pull the bowl off the bottom of the carb and give it a good cleaning. Pull the feed hose to the carb and blow through it, Probably something lodged in the needle and seat.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Installed a soft snow cab on my BX for snow plowing and snow blowing applications........................... Got tired of getting cold snow blowing in my face !!!!
12-4-21 5.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Trust me!
You will not remember how you did without it, once you own a battery powered DeWalt or Milwaukee grease gun.
Ditto....I bought one of the 18volt Ryobi ones at Home Depot last year and it is one sweet tool.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ditto....I bought one of the 18volt Ryobi ones at Home Depot last year and it is one sweet tool.
It is just so easy to pick up that battery powered gun any time, simply pull the trigger, and add shots of grease where needed.
( lock-N-Lube included).

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
We had 8 to 10 inches of heavy wet snow overnight just waiting to challenge the snow removal equipment today. The "Snowbie Wan Kubotie" took care of it easily. I wish it was colder than the 25° F out as the Jegs heater kept the cab a little more than toasty warm......even in shirt sleeves. A nice problem to have. :)
Snowbie Wan Kubotie.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Dusty pull the bowl off the bottom of the carb and give it a good cleaning. Pull the feed hose to the carb and blow through it, Probably something lodged in the needle and seat.
Once I got the piece of wood out that was jamming up the governor, I quit for the night. Staying up till 4:00 AM reading the factory service manual, all 400 pages, and trying to find diagrams in the parts manuals, I finally went to sleep. In the morning, I went back to the chipper, and it started right up, but oil was all over the muffler. couldn't figure out what was leaking, until I noticed the dipstick was not fully seated. Two cans of brake cleaner, and it was cleaned up. Restarted the chipper, and waited till the oil burned off the muffler, and then drove the tractor and chipper back to the limb pile. Pushed the throttle all the way to the limit, and it chips like it is new again. I put the chipper back into its corner in the canvas garage, and after I unhooked it, I remembered that I wanted to add a fuel shut-off on the line from the tank to the carburetor. I will be pulling it out again in the morning to do that quick project. Right now it is snowing, and the snowblower has yet to be mounted.
Thanks for the suggestion about cleaning out the bowl, but just getting that carburetor off is a major task in itself. It is a Kohler Pro 27 twin-cylinder with dual overhead valves. I also put out 3 different types of mouse bait, and hopefully, the squirrels will also avail themselves of the free food!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Started digging in a wooded section for the next run of new waterline. The first part of the job went like this. Not one rock over 2" in diameter.

no concrete.JPG

Here's what was on the menu for today...approx 2 feet wide by who knows how deep?

concrete 1.JPG

I was able to run down the side of the foundation and hit another wall and slab floor. Gave up for today. Gonna need a bigger/rental machine. No way I want to trash the new mini on this...

concrete 2.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Next comes the heater!
No, don't want to frost it up inside. I have a 12v plug in heated coat I wear which keeps me very comfortable. I just wanted this to keep the wind and snow from pounding me in the face. This will do that and the cost was reasonable ($845. canadian) Will take about 20 minutes to take it off the tractor come spring.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Got the snow blower on. I love having the QH. I used the ssqa-v today to put a sawmill into the shop. Gonna have to brush the snow off the truck this week. Needs some work but not much. Just maintenance items and 2 small bearings. Got 4 cedar logs to start learning with. Hoping to cut enough lumber this winter to be able to build the BX her own little barn.

0EA6BADF-9BB6-436A-A5D9-D68CC5172BA4.jpeg

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
What year model is that Wood-Mizer? Gotta be pre '85.
All I know is her dad bought it brand new and called it the original woodmiezer that made them famous lol. Honda 20hp engine runs, I’m gonna change the oil and plug just because I don’t know the last time it was done. the original extension section is available too if I need it.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
This was yesterday’s task. Random request from a neighbor about 20 min away by bx... in the spring he will be getting more fill and i will be completing the garage entry along the entire width then topping it off with crush.

8685FCD1-1EC0-4ED3-B4AB-0E23F1D37570.jpeg

B7894C5C-9E1A-4CEE-BF3E-6BB137302955.jpeg

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don’t recall the last time it rained here. As dust dry as I can remember in at least 3 years. Rain possible later this week so this weekend was a little bit of a scramble to get the gutters blown and leaves up at the three houses, leaves raked off the gravel road/driveway and rocked trails. First time we touched them this year so there were a LOT of them. The pine straw rake and grapple did a good job moving large quantities windrowed by the mower. Grapple works better with wet leaves; still worked pretty well with dust dry leaves. Not much time on the Kubota for that day and a half job but still an important part of the process.

While raking the foot and a half of leaves from the front of Dad’s pole shed, I barely bumped the door jamb for one of the 9’ x 20’ sliding doors with the back of the grapple as I was backing parallel to the front of the shed. Really didn’t even feel it, but noticed the door suddenly slide open about 4’. Noticed the jamb didn’t look quite right as it seemed to be a bit separated from the phone pole corner post but it was still upright. Then, like a felled tree, it slowly fell over. 🙄 About $25 worth of lag screws and door latch should fix it. Latch is already replaced. Didn’t have time or enough 10” x 1/2” lag screws for the door jamb on hand so that can wait a day or two.

Before possibility of rain, needed to finish getting up the wind fallen tree in the creek bottom we started on a couple weeks ago when our son was home. There’s a pretty reliable mud hole between the wood yard and tree that’s currently dry enough to cross with a load without getting stuck or tearing up the place. A horse could take a leak at the head of the cut and you probably couldn’t walk across the mud hole at the bottom for a week so the remainder of the tree needed to come out before the potential rain. Cut into 7’ logs to haul to the wood yard for processing later. Had 20 minutes of light left when the last load came out.

Overall a productive weekend. Would have been better if I hadn’t hit the shed but I suppose $25 and about about an hour labor isn’t anything to get too wound up about.

I didn’t measure the diameter of this white oak log. It’s 7’ long on a 72” grapple. 28” saw didn’t go all the way through it so more than 28”. Guessing 32” to 34”. It was all the tractor wanted but low and slow it traveled fine and stacked at the wood yard with no problem.
62DE7F95-A554-4DE4-B106-6DD9D3A3B420.jpeg

8110B440-B701-42EC-A6DB-E4D0FDD693FC.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users