What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
No, it's an MK Martin/Meteor. I like it, I like it a lot.
View attachment 71415

Things I like:
Can drive forwards/Don't have to crank my neck like a push type 3pt.
Can still use the FEL as normal
While it does stick out quite a bit, the turning of the blower is near the turning of the tractor, ie, when I turn I'm not dragging the blower sideways much. I've got several turns in my driveway.

Things I don't like:
It's awkward to clear packed snow out of it. I try to clean as much of the snow off of it every time I use it, but that involves getting in between the tractor and the blower. There's other stuff there that gets in the way.
I've gotta drive over everything that I blow. Not a problem in most cases, but makes blowing new paths in deep snow more difficult. Also hard for pushing back banks and stuff. But I still have access to the FEL, so that's not really a problem.
Thanks for the reply and your honest input.... good information coming from hands on use.
One needs to be sure he is buying what he will be happy with, considering the cost.

Reactions: 1 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Make sure to do your research on them before pulling the trigger. I’ve always thought they were sweet but after talking with a few people coming through my park with new ones I’m not so sure they are what they use to be. Only speaking from what I’ve been told but Cheaply made like all the other RVs these days was the impression I got.

Definitely some trailer manufacturers that are better then others and offer models worth upgrading to but your going to pay for it. And just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s one of those models or manufactures worth paying for. Kinda makes it tricky and why I urge people to do some hard research.
most are all being built quick and cheap in my opinion. I’ve got a bit of experience in the trailer game and get to hear all kinds of opinions and issues people have with their trailers new and used. Some I could do without lol.
I hear ya.

We have no real complaints about out Winnebago 25' at this point other than we want something slightly larger and I actually prefer no slides to deal with.

We are about 1 year into the Airstream research. We wouldn't buy one new. But 5-6 years old is our target. They take the depreciation hit to a point and then hold more value than most if not all TT brands.

Spend enough time talking to RV owners and you quickly realize no brand is perfect, they all have pros and cons. It is what it is......

As they say, "RVing is just doing repairs with nice scenery"

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Airstream was recently (within the last 4 or so years) been bought out by one of the huge conglomerates that dominate 80+% of the rv industry.
Not unless that has just happened. Thor inc was created buy the purchase of airstream in 1980. Thor is the big boy buying up others over the years. Check it out if your interested.

Reactions: 1 user

litework

Equipment
Kubota LX 3310 HSDC, LA 535, RCR1860, SGC0660, BB1254, FDR1660
Aug 12, 2021
Virginia
26C3EE71-138E-4A26-94A5-2BCA273AAE0D.jpeg 5B9EDA42-4162-4537-86BC-35C476376844.jpeg 64E3443D-D018-4EB3-90C4-88E2755EFFAC.jpeg
Worked on the nasty Holly tree near the pond. Pole saw and grapple helped keep the leaves from biting me until I was able to get in there with a chainsaw.

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
View attachment 71427 View attachment 71428 View attachment 71429
Worked on the nasty Holly tree near the pond. Pole saw and grapple helped keep the leaves from biting me until I was able to get in there with a chainsaw.
I hate messing with trees like that.
4C6B0F4E-27E3-4026-90BC-86FC0D530AD7.jpeg

One of the first things we did with the Kubota shortly after we bought it was taking out a red cedar just like the ones in the pic which was in between those two. Ice storm busted the top out of it so had to take it out. Limbs all the way to the ground 8’ from the trunk in all directions and thick as hair on a cat’s back. Getting it on the ground was a wrestling match. Burrowed in with a chainsaw, cut it off at the base and there were still so many limbs it just kind of leaned over a little.
D3FDA9AC-1432-4385-9D0E-1AB35604B2B1.jpeg
137A4015-F15E-4FBA-B4CC-286C235FCC5E.jpeg

I took an almost disturbing amount of pleasure feeding everything but the main trunk through the chipper. That was also the only time Dad ever drove the Kubota. He was so excited when I got it and gave him a key, but got sick right after and although he’s doing well hasn’t been on it since.

Reactions: 6 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My project to convert the manual snowblower chute to electric drive is nearing completion. Halleluiah! It was not with out its "bumps along the road".
I did learn to read specs closer. The mechanical drawing of the motor I bought clearly showed it using 4 10-32 screws for mounting. It took me 10 minutes to figure out why my screws wouldn't thread in all the way. 10-32 is different than 10-24 :(
Anyway this afternoon I expect to cut the 36" shaft I have down to 3-3/8", connect everything and hopefully it will work.

motor mounted .jpg

No one ever accused me of being a painter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
mcmxi, The truck is an ‘07 Ram 3500, 6.7. I’m a bit (OK a bunch) over the listed tow ratings and over the listed weight rating for the truck. It tows great and gets decent fuel mileage when driven conservatively.

The real weak link in the system is the tires/rims. We addressed that issue with 19.5” tires and steel rims.

We are ex owner/operators and considered going with the modified Class 8 route. Much cheaper than a new loaded-out 4x4 truck if you get one just over 500K miles. We would have done the conversion and putting on a steel deck (for driver weight and tool boxes, storage, ect). It’s certainly better than a pick up truck for towing. However, we don’t tow enough to justify the rig, plus they absolutely “suck” on snow and ice. We live in Wyoming and do a bit of winter travel. Though, it’s often real tempting to go for it! 🙂 memtb
Thanks for the information and for clarifying the Class 8 status which I didn't remember. Happy and safe towing to you for sure!

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Ordered a LX3310. I think it will be a long distance relationship for awhile🤣

Reactions: 8 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Cleaned up some old rocks that have been piled and in the way for years. Cut up an old deck built with 2x6 and 2x8 spruce. Sure wouldn’t do that with today’s lumber prices lol. loaded it in the sugar shack for the maple season. Finished off backfilling a low spot that will soon be a new campsite. As much as I love my winters and the hard water sure can’t complain about this warm spell to get some extra stuff accomplished snd ahead of the game. Funny to think we have already had a few snows of 6-8 inches and I’m back moving dirt.
Hope everybody has a great holidays this year.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Forecast said the snow is going to stop coming down for a couple days so I cleared off the driveway this afternoon.....
DSC05434erorangetractor.jpg

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
nice.

But, when I saw your first pic it reminded me of past neighbor of mine when I did landscaping on the side. I got a call from them one evening when they were in a bit of a rush to have me spread some stone around their newly installed in ground pool. You see, they were having a huge pool party the next day and told me that they had stone coming for it, and could I please hurry up and get it done for them. I said sure, when is the stone coming, and how much did you buy? She said, "oh the stone will be here in an hour and I ordered a ton of 1.5" goose egg white". :rolleyes: I got a pretty good laugh and told her I'd be over to measure how much she needed. Turned out to be around 26 ton, at a minimum. Her husband is an electrical engineer, and she has a Masters or PhD in speech pathology...;)

Those two were the reason we moved from that neighborhood.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users