What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Got the yard done. Tried out the RTV. Works good and the heater will melt you. My driveway isn't a hill, but drops about 30 feet in just under 300 feet (which I found out when I did my septic with laser)
I had a bit of traction loss when I tried a full blade pass up the driveway. But it is all glare ice under the snow because we had rain one day that froze again. And there was also a frozen crust under the fresh layer.
All in all I'm happy with it.
But still can't beat a tractor with a loader and a blower in my opinion. I took the B2620 out to make a base so hopefully it sets up without melting again now.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got the yard done. Tried out the RTV. Works good and the heater will melt you. My driveway isn't a hill, but drops about 30 feet in just under 300 feet (which I found out when I did my septic with laser)
I had a bit of traction loss when I tried a full blade pass up the driveway. But it is all glare ice under the snow because we had rain one day that froze again. And there was also a frozen crust under the fresh layer.
All in all I'm happy with it.
But still can't beat a tractor with a loader and a blower in my opinion. I took the B2620 out to make a base so hopefully it sets up without melting again now.
Looks like you're all set. Looks like a great setup.

Do you think chains will be needed for the RTV, or will you just go with the B2620?

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I got back yesterday afternoon from a long weekend in Great Falls and Billings to find about 5" of snow around the house. I was finally able to use the SB1574 snow blower that I bought a few months ago.

Craigslist comes through again with a snow blower and a 3-point receiver. | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

The frame is adjustable so I shortened it up one bolt hole spacing. I'm going to swap out the hydraulic top link for the factory one so that I can run the chute angle off one of the rear remotes. I figure that the hydraulic side (tilt) link is more useful than the hydraulic top link when running the blower. I managed to suck up a flat rock that jammed up the auger and rather than shear a bolt it moved the idler (tension) sprocket to take tension off the chain so I need to see what's up there. Not sure if that's a feature or a problem or whether or not the chain was then slipping off the other sprockets. I'll need to figure that out.

I didn't get a photo of the blower on the tractor but it works very well and the results are excellent (see below). I plowed the common gravel driveway with the hydraulic angle STB1596 snow blade also with excellent results.

View attachment 71088
I have a large gravel area and drive to clear and keep open. For the first few snowfalls and til the ground really freezes solid......I have my snowblower set to leave about two inches of snow on the ground. That layer gets driven on and packed down and will cover the larger loose stones that always seem to pop up througout the year.
Waiting to set up and give your graveled area a buzz cut with the snow blower till some of the loose gravel/stones are packed and frozen down will save a lot of it from being thrown out the chute or locking things up.
Your new blower sure looks like it does a terrific job, though!!
David

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Refueled, changed primary air filter, added some SUDT to transmission. Guy at the dealer said I could probably get away with just bangin' out the air filter, but I got a new one anyway. Tapped the filter against the front tire, and got a cloud of dirt out of it. Changed it for peace of mind.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Looks like you're all set. Looks like a great setup.

Do you think chains will be needed for the RTV, or will you just go with the B2620?
Thanks. I think it will be alright. I had left the driveway for a week with everyone driving on it so it was pretty hard and glare ice underneath. If the base freezes up now it will be good. If it gets bad again I can always put some weight in the dump box.

The RTV will be nice on those minus 40 days with 50 MPH winds. Be a lot warmer than getting snow in my face on the B, LOL

I do like using the tractor though. I had an F550 with a 10 foot Boss vee plow that I sold to buy the RTV and it always sat and I used the tractor. The tractor just does a nice neat job and has the best visibility. I can clean within an inch of objects. Not to mention just starting the F550 burnt a months worth of fuel for the Kubota, LOL

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The box is shorter than my seat back, so no visual obstruction.
The only small issue I have is that I need to slide the seat forward to fully open the toolbox lid. But with the lid closed, I can slide the seat all the way back.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a large gravel area and drive to clear and keep open. For the first few snowfalls and til the ground really freezes solid......I have my snowblower set to leave about two inches of snow on the ground. That layer gets driven on and packed down and will cover the larger loose stones that always seem to pop up througout the year.
Waiting to set up and give your graveled area a buzz cut with the snow blower till some of the loose gravel/stones are packed and frozen down will save a lot of it from being thrown out the chute or locking things up.
Your new blower sure looks like it does a terrific job, though!!
David
I used to do the same thing when I used the front blower on the BX25D for the entire gravel driveway. The sound of small rocks or gravel going through the blower is kind of distressing, and when I had 9,000 sq.ft. of asphalt put down I was pleased to put those days behind me.

I'm not using the blower on gravel this year since I have the front snow blade for that. This past spring/summer I've been dumping dirt along the edges of the asphalt driveway to provided support to the raised edge. The asphalt company advised me to do this. I got a little carried away and ran the blower past the edge of the driveway, hence the rock! 😂 Ideally I would have sifted the dirt first to remove the larger rocks. I just need to stay on the asphalt and not venture off into no man's land.

The blower is great and will be even better now that I have rotation and angle hooked up to the rear remotes.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
suggest that you buy a load of screened loam. It will be a lot easier to grow grass in and it doesn't have rocks. It is a win-win situation.

litework

Equipment
Kubota LX 3310 HSDC, LA 535, RCR1860, SGC0660, BB1254, FDR1660
Aug 12, 2021
Virginia
B0D49624-F210-42DB-A164-7DC11DD19AE2.jpeg E21F8485-3109-44AA-BFDD-6B37D8D8B7DC.jpeg
I was off last week so I reclaimed an old driveway that leads to my shop. I had to go pretty deep to find gravel, but I finally got it and brought it to the surface. I used the box blade almost exclusively with some loader work. I picked bits of grass out with a rake. Just waiting for some rain to pack the dust.

Reactions: 4 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
View attachment 71151 View attachment 71152
I was off last week so I reclaimed an old driveway that leads to my shop. I had to go pretty deep to find gravel, but I finally got it and brought it to the surface. I used the box blade almost exclusively with some loader work. I picked bits of grass out with a rake. Just waiting for some rain to pack the dust.
Nice job!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Ordered some hooks, celvis mounts and a trailer receiver from Kens Bolton Hooks.

Last edited:

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
And so it begins........ back bladed 2" of powder off the 550' driveway......

Have company coming tomorrow and they don't have a great track record of winter driving in my driveways so let's make it as easy as possible to navigate the hill etc.

2021 Blower 1.1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A little bit of snow removal this morning with a lot of snow expected over the weekend. I'm quite pleased with this winter set up but do miss the BX25D with front blower for the parking areas around the house. The hydraulic chute rotation and angle on the snow blower are the bees knees. :love:

I have snow chains for the front but am trying to manage without them since I don't want to tear up the asphalt.

mx6000_snow_01.jpg

mx6000_snow_02.jpg

mx6000_snow_03.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
I went up the street to the neighbor to check out a ballast box that the neighbor/friend had for his B model tractor that his wife sold back to the dealer after he passed away last year. The box was under a rubber tarp in the woods so the dealer did not see it or get it. I paid $150.00 for that and a large lawn roller and a de thatcher both to pull with my GR2120 lawn tractor. The box was sinking in the dirt. I am glad that I took a chain and strap to lift it out of the dirt. I was hoping to not have to remove the bricks he used. Yea, no that did not work. I had to remove most of them to get it hooked up. That went pretty well considering it was the first time I had hooked anything up to the 3ph.

I then went home and took off the FEL and replaced it with the 64 inch commercial snowblower.
2EAC242A-4D4D-4A3D-BFBD-EC6262343E6E.jpeg
69225383-0726-4140-81F2-A16BBBC665CF.jpeg
D28B6C06-2763-49AB-AD5B-D4DC1BE0F1BD.jpeg
C347265E-EC07-4585-8724-7621DFFAEE11.jpeg
D2628403-3FED-4C4F-B641-CF39B83840C2.jpeg
A7C11307-265D-4542-9321-35133E0ADFFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
A little bit of snow removal this morning with a lot of snow expected over the weekend. I'm quite pleased with this winter set up but do miss the BX25D with front blower for the parking areas around the house. The hydraulic chute rotation and angle on the snow blower are the bees knees. :love:

I have snow chains for the front but am trying to manage without them since I don't want to tear up the asphalt.

View attachment 71212

View attachment 71213

View attachment 71214
WOW what a wonderful view. Although that is a lot of driveway.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
WOW what a wonderful view. Although that is a lot of driveway.
I have a nice view for sure and I don't take it for granted but it's nothing for up here where my view is very, very average.

The driveway isn't a big deal. Maybe 180 yards of gravel and 170 yards or so of ashpalt with a good sized parking area, but I really enjoy blowing and pushing the snow off. This set up is much bigger than I'm used to and I still haven't figured out an efficient way to take care of the parking areas. I spent a few hours in the spring removing partially buried rocks from the gravel driveway to make it easier on the snow blade and that definitely paid off.

I should have kept the BX25D ... stupid move on my part!! 😒

jkrez

Equipment
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
That's an awesome snow blower set up you have there.
Thanks, been itching to install it.
I have a Blizzard 8.5/11 plow for that F250. We own a self storage facility and it is difficult to plow at times. I have run out of room to push snow and paid a guy to put it over the fence. Now my plan is to let the Mrs Snow blow around the outside drives and throw it over the fence.
That should help a lot and should not run out of space to push snow.

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
Something I never thought to mention......was something I do pretty regularly. We have a heavy (20 K pound) 5th wheel rv, and use a heavy duty, air ride hitch which weighs 280 pounds.....which we remove when not in use to free-up my truck bed. This is done fairly often! Our old, lighter duty hitch broke down into 2 manageable pieces.....not so this one!

Yesterday, I was using our Kabota to install the hitch for a Christmas trip, when I thought of this forum! So.....another use for the Kabota! 😁 memtb

Reactions: 2 users