What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
All I know is her dad bought it brand new and called it the original woodmiezer that made them famous lol.
OK, it could possibly be an '83 which was their first year of manufacture. That or an '84 model. ;)

That is amazing. (y)

Could you send me a couple of pictures and I will research it.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I would send that log to the sawmill and then stack it in the barn to dry.
It, and the other five like it from that tree, would be good candidates for that. Used to mill some of our trees into lumber back when I made furniture for us and enough custom work to at least pay for whatever tools I had. We didn’t need more furniture and the custom work got to being a job I didn’t much enjoy. I haven’t made anything in probably 10 years. Still have enough white oak, red oak, hickory, and eastern red cedar in the top of the shed to make quite a bit of furniture if someone was inclined to do so. Can’t recall if there’s any persimmon left up there or not. Still have some framing sized pine up there as well, although that’s getting sparse.

Edit: BTW, I really like the white oak for kids furniture. Hard to carve with hand tools but machines well and so dang hard a 8 year old can beat on it with a hammer and never put a dent in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I blew 10-12" of snow out of the driveway and private road. All in all, probably put 2 miles or so on the tractor/blower. Last night after getting the kids to bed. Was out until 10:30 or so - big ol' LEDs on the ROPs sure are nice.
I just wish the road commission was any good. More than half of my drive this morning to work (albeit short) was completely unplowed. They managed to get some of the corners, but then lifted the plow once they made the turn. Can anybody tell me why they would do that? My only thought is maybe they travel faster without the plow down and they're trying to get all the corners/stops first before going back for the rest of the road. Seems like it wouldn't be worth it, though. Just flabbergasts me.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I blew 10-12" of snow out of the driveway and private road. All in all, probably put 2 miles or so on the tractor/blower. Last night after getting the kids to bed. Was out until 10:30 or so - big ol' LEDs on the ROPs sure are nice.
I just wish the road commission was any good. More than half of my drive this morning to work (albeit short) was completely unplowed. They managed to get some of the corners, but then lifted the plow once they made the turn. Can anybody tell me why they would do that? My only thought is maybe they travel faster without the plow down and they're trying to get all the corners/stops first before going back for the rest of the road. Seems like it wouldn't be worth it, though. Just flabbergasts me.
No clue. We don’t get the snow y’all do but if they’re on the road and there’s snow on the road, the plow is down. Only time the plow is up is if they’re traveling from one area to another on an already cleared road. Don’t think they could go any faster without breaking the speed limit everywhere except the 65 and 70 mph zones and sometimes those too if it’s light snow.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
How do you like your rear 3 point blower? Is that model you have listed Landpride?
I'm planning on one in the future, and curios if you are happy with yours.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Spent the day blowing the 6 inches of snow we received. Had a doe standing in the woods on the trails I keep open for my wife to walk our dog. She never moved,
A44A0220-E4B9-4800-889A-7E082618BE1D.jpeg
7438D374-A876-4D09-89A0-3EEAF5C9BD76.jpeg
even after I took several photos of her. They don’t seem to be bothered by the tractor running at all. I’ve even had them walk towards me at times while in the tractor. When I was done at our place I went down to my neighbors and made some quick cash blowing out his drive

Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My neighbor has very deep pockets, his arms are not long enough to reach down to the bottom to even give me a few dollars for fuel.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I replaced the near worthless small plastic toolbox with a useful one. Now I can carry a tow chain plus extra pins and other assorted things
Looks great, wish I could add something like that but with all the 'stuff' I have added back there not much chance.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got back yesterday afternoon from a long weekend in Great Falls and Billings to find about 5" of snow around the house. I was finally able to use the SB1574 snow blower that I bought a few months ago.

Craigslist comes through again with a snow blower and a 3-point receiver. | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

The frame is adjustable so I shortened it up one bolt hole spacing. I'm going to swap out the hydraulic top link for the factory one so that I can run the chute angle off one of the rear remotes. I figure that the hydraulic side (tilt) link is more useful than the hydraulic top link when running the blower. I managed to suck up a flat rock that jammed up the auger and rather than shear a bolt it moved the idler (tension) sprocket to take tension off the chain so I need to see what's up there. Not sure if that's a feature or a problem or whether or not the chain was then slipping off the other sprockets. I'll need to figure that out.

I didn't get a photo of the blower on the tractor but it works very well and the results are excellent (see below). I plowed the common gravel driveway with the hydraulic angle STB1596 snow blade also with excellent results.

blower.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Had the same problem here last winter. The road contractors are doing a horrible job. But unlike all the facebook warriors that just cry online I sent many calls and emails to my member of parliament and offered to take him for a ride in my dump truck so he could see how bad it is playing chicken with cars going down the middle of an unplowed road.
So far they have been out plowing this season.

I'm just getting ready to go plow my yard. Try out my new RTV and Boss plow. Then I'll probably use the B2620 and blower around the house.

Got this pic from my friend. He was out with his SVL75.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I got back yesterday afternoon from a long weekend in Great Falls and Billings to find about 5" of snow around the house. I was finally able to use the SB1574 snow blower that I bought a few months ago.

Craigslist comes through again with a snow blower and a 3-point receiver. | OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

The frame is adjustable so I shortened it up one bolt hole spacing. I'm going to swap out the hydraulic top link for the factory one so that I can run the chute angle off one of the rear remotes. I figure that the hydraulic side (tilt) link is more useful than the hydraulic top link when running the blower. I managed to suck up a flat rock that jammed up the auger and rather than shear a bolt it moved the idler (tension) sprocket to take tension off the chain so I need to see what's up there. Not sure if that's a feature or a problem or whether or not the chain was then slipping off the other sprockets. I'll need to figure that out.

I didn't get a photo of the blower on the tractor but it works very well and the results are excellent (see below). I plowed the common gravel driveway with the hydraulic angle STB1596 snow blade also with excellent results.

View attachment 71088
Can't say for certain exactly what damage you did by sucking up a rock, but I can tell you what happened when I did. The auger was bent, and being it was in the middle of the winter, and I needed to get it back in service, I heated the auger with a torch, and using a 6# hammer, beat it back to where it looked correct and reinstalled it. I used it like that for the next 10+ years, even though it did have a vibration, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't live with it vs. taking it apart again to replace it. Today, the auger is about a $400 (US) item which makes one think long and hard about replacement. I also snapped the chain and the chain was also bent, so it was totally trash at that point. I purchased a 10-foot length of #40 chain at Tractor Supply inexpensively and used that for years. When the replacement chain got too much slack in it, I would just put another on. Hopefully, you will have a better experience than I did.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Can't say for certain exactly what damage you did by sucking up a rock, but I can tell you what happened when I did. The auger was bent, and being it was in the middle of the winter, and I needed to get it back in service, I heated the auger with a torch, and using a 6# hammer, beat it back to where it looked correct and reinstalled it. I used it like that for the next 10+ years, even though it did have a vibration, but it wasn't so bad that I couldn't live with it vs. taking it apart again to replace it. Today, the auger is about a $400 (US) item which makes one think long and hard about replacement. I also snapped the chain and the chain was also bent, so it was totally trash at that point. I purchased a 10-foot length of #40 chain at Tractor Supply inexpensively and used that for years. When the replacement chain got too much slack in it, I would just put another on. Hopefully, you will have a better experience than I did.
Once I removed the rock and tensioned the chain the blower ran fine so I don't think any damage was done. I was just surprised that the shear bolt didn't break. I might not have had the nut tight enough on the bolt that the idler sprocket rides on which allowed the sprocket to move which then took some strain off the driveline. With the idler sprocket out of the equation the very loose chain might have allowed it to jump the sprocket teeth. Not an ideal situation but so far everything looks and runs fine.

I swapped out the top link this morning and connected the chute angle hydraulic lines and everything seems to work great. Now I'm hoping for a lot more snow.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I replaced the near worthless small plastic toolbox with a useful one. Now I can carry a tow chain plus extra pins and other assorted things
I have considered that but wonder how much it obstructs vision of rear implements, particularly back blade and box blade, which I’m not skilled enough to run without looking at them at least part of the time.

I suppose I could throw an old 50 cal ammo box up there and take a look. Does it cause any significant obstruction or you can see over it with no issue?

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have considered that but wonder how much it obstructs vision of rear implements, particularly back blade and box blade, which I’m not skilled enough to run without looking at them at least part of the time.

I suppose I could throw an old 50 cal ammo box up there and take a look. Does it cause any significant obstruction or you can see over it with no issue?
The box is shorter than my seat back, so no visual obstruction.

Reactions: 1 user