What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
And then tie the front and back together with 2" angle iron to form the "nest" for the canopy. Now it was time to lift the canopy into place. I wanted the 4 post so that they would also serve as brush guards for the operator. A view from behind. The front post also serves as a brush guard for the FEL hydraulic controls & fittings. Now I need to get a couple of 90° pipes and dogleg the exhaust over to that front post.
Nice job. That will keep you dry and out of the hot sun.

goin camping

Feb 11, 2019
The Great Mojave Desert
BX23S, Backhoe'd through a pile of dirt pulling out scrap and trash. Then hauled the clean dirt over to a raised planting bed for the wife.

Anyone else with size 12 feet think the foot area on the backhoe was built for size 10 feet?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Since it has been too muddy to get my Orange out and play, it is doing double duty as a drying rack for my winter camping tents. Got the ground cloths suspended off the ROPs to air dry

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
“This Property is Insured by Smith & Wesson” signs, or something similar are pretty common out in the sticks around here.
Gets the message across......[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got a friend in MT that hangs a sign on his gate:

“This gate is LOCKED for YOUR PROTECTION!” Seems to work for him.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I like that exhaust flapper!
Yup, that exhaust is my next project. Dogleg it over to the canopy post and then a full 90 degrees outward.
Magic -

Nope that's still incorrect.

In my neck of the woods, everybody knows the proper cap is an old, rusty Hills Brothers Coffee can. Chase & Sanborn works in a pinch....:)

Seriously, will be interested in seeing your routing of the improved pipe.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
After I added the 4 post canopy it seems logical to me to use the strength of the front post to support the unsupported exhaust. Just gotta be sure that the exhaust does not interfere with the FEL.

My present priorities are sawing two more jobs before my scheduled Rotator Cuff surgery on the 21st. One tomorrow and the other hopefully Wednesday of next week.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Magicman, I would be inclined to not attach the exhaust to the canopy support. Let them both be independent and not put torque on each other if something does move a bit.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I understand and that is a subject that my son and I have been discussing. I was considering the rubber thingy that is on a tailpipe hanger. The objective is to keep a limb from bending it back.

Of course, all of this exhaust stuff will have to wait because they are saying 2-3 months on my shoulder surgery recovery. Yikes !!! I have never ever sat still for that long.

I had Total Knee Replacement surgery on November 18th and I was released in 6 weeks, no restrictions nor limitations.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I understand and that is a subject that my son and I have been discussing. I was considering the rubber thingy that is on a tailpipe hanger. The objective is to keep a limb from bending it back.

Of course, all of this exhaust stuff will have to wait because they are saying 2-3 months on my shoulder surgery recovery. Yikes !!! I have never ever sat still for that long.

I had Total Knee Replacement surgery on November 18th and I was released in 6 weeks, no restrictions nor limitations.
We are going to have to call you the 6 million dollar man.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You could get a bearing race just a bit larger then your exhaust pipe. Have the exhaust come up through it and out here you want it. The steel race would be welded/attached to the canopy to you liking. This would give protection to the exhaust and still not be attached. Mount the race up high to give max support.