What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I hid an asset tracker in my front tire.

I have a friend with a bunch of vehicles and equipment that gave me one to use. He said it uses several methods and should work anywhere on earth.

Hmmmmm, I probably shouldn't tell anyone - lol.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I hid an asset tracker in my front tire.

I have a friend with a bunch of vehicles and equipment that gave me one to use. He said it uses several methods and should work anywhere on earth.

Hmmmmm, I probably shouldn't tell anyone - lol.
Come on right of left... I don't want to have to break both of them down!

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Touche'

It is simultaneously a good thing and a bad thing to share.

Hopefully I will never need it.
Up here it's the fear of getting shot that slows most of the potential thieves down.

I don't even bother worrying about that... Our wolves will eat them first! :D

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I finally got my new RK-X grapple from MTL. Got it off the truck and hooked to my tractor. Maybe I'll have some time to play this weekend! :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Up here it's the fear of getting shot that slows most of the potential thieves down.D

“This Property is Insured by Smith & Wesson” signs, or something similar are pretty common out in the sticks around here.
Gets the message across......[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
We had a decent half foot of snow the other night. I was working late and asked my wife to plow the drive while I did chores... The DT still had the BH n it, so she went to start the F. It had the trickle charger on it and showed charged but wouldn't crank over. I went over to help and tried to start it, also using the decompression lever, and BOOM! the battery exploded.

Anyways, put a spare battery in it and she took care of the scraping, but sure was the weirdest thing. It was an ACDelco Gold/Professional series battery, 850CC, about 10 years old.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We had a decent half foot of snow the other night. I was working late and asked my wife to plow the drive while I did chores... The DT still had the BH n it, so she went to start the F. It had the trickle charger on it and showed charged but wouldn't crank over. I went over to help and tried to start it, also using the decompression lever, and BOOM! the battery exploded.

Anyways, put a spare battery in it and she took care of the scraping, but sure was the weirdest thing. It was an ACDelco Gold/Professional series battery, 850CC, about 10 years old.
I've had 2 do that over all my years, SCARY, and Messy.
Baking soda is your friend for the cleanup.
Best i can figure is gases from charging and a spark from something sets them off, rare, but dangerous!
Glad no one got hurt!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Almost hit the dirt when it went off out of pure reflex...but I was in the seat. Wife was standing beside me while I demonstrated the decompression knob during starting. Also had it happen once years ago when I was a teenager in shop class - that time the acid ate a nice hole in my jeans. This time, no apparent damage to anything, but I rinsed it all down ASAP with water, but no baking soda.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Almost hit the dirt when it went off out of pure reflex...but I was in the seat. Wife was standing beside me while I demonstrated the decompression knob during starting. Also had it happen once years ago when I was a teenager in shop class - that time the acid ate a nice hole in my jeans. This time, no apparent damage to anything, but I rinsed it all down ASAP with water, but no baking soda.
Yea the baking soda neutralizes the acid, I keep a bag of it in the shop just for such needs. ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The wife uses baking soda in the fridge/freezer to absorb odors. When she changes it out, the old stuff heads to the shop for battery clean-ups.

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Thanks to bluedunn, put a step on the B. Gonna save my glutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I agree. Might have to rig something like that up for my dad's tractor!

On my L245DT, I welded a step to the bottom of the loader towers.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
When I bought this Hoss, it came with a canopy cover but it was not for this tractor. There was no mounting brackets or anything, just the cover. This week I decided to use a discarded ROPS and make this a 4 post top. The ROPS was too narrow so some modifying was in order but the chop saw took care of that. There were two convenient holes on the loader which worked nicely. I then cut a piece of 2X3 to bridge the gap and also some 2X2 to extend the width of both ROPS to 39" to fit the canopy. (continued on the next reply)

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
And then tie the front and back together with 2" angle iron to form the "nest" for the canopy. Now it was time to lift the canopy into place. I wanted the 4 post so that they would also serve as brush guards for the operator. A view from behind. The front post also serves as a brush guard for the FEL hydraulic controls & fittings. Now I need to get a couple of 90° pipes and dogleg the exhaust over to that front post.

Attachments