What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Installed the LED headlights on the Cab M. Plug and play or should I say, plug and light.:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Awesome, thanks for sharing. That's the only one I've seen for a cabbed tractor.
It is one of those items I put off buying because I didn't think I would use it nor it would be that helpful.

I was wrong on both accounts. Installed it first thing Saturday. Headed out to a tree that I had taken down about a month ago and then the weather turned on us. I got out of the tractor grabbed the saw and cut it up into sections to grapple. Later in the morning was working on brush, some of it was tangled and to long, grabbed the saw and went to work. It was nice to have it handy and because it was handy, I used it more.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
With the DT and backhoe I dug a drainage field for the house perimeter drain and downspouts, then backfilled. With the L245F I scraped/levelled everything out. It's nice having two tractors when you have a implement like the backhoe that takes 10 mins to connect/disconnect.

Tbucket32

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2019
Puslinch,Ontario Canada
Put some of the beams up today and sheeted one of the walls.
Pic of the pole installed. Pole can lift about 7 Meters.
After seeing your picture, I'm thinking of using my subsoiler as my 3ph mount and building a 2x8 wood A-frame around it, 22ft tall to lift my trusses this summer. I have a couple friends that don't think the wood is strong enough. Or that it might damage my B7500. The wood will weigh about 150lbs and the trusses are only 125lbs. I think 2x8 would be plenty strong enough and so w oj old the tractor. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am guessing that you will use Spruce. Select your 2X8's carefully and avoid any that have any pith (center of the log) in them and no large knots.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tbucket32,

I wouldn't do it and I deal with a lot of wood.
Just making the tie points would be hard enough.
steel is a much better option, easier to make attachment points and much safer.

Especially if you need to lift and move the trusses, any woods going to do a whole lot of saying and too much and your going to have all of that come crashing down.

It your set on making it out of wood,
A couple 2x6's that are #1 or better.
You also going to need some forward to rearward sway stabilization or it's going to whip when you move.

Ditch the subsoiler, waste of time to adapt it and attach it, and a major week point.
Make an A with the 2 2x6's and a couple bolts that fit the three point eyes on the bottom, bolt them down.
Use a long bolt or all thread reinforced to the sides with 2x6's for the top link.
Use a single large pulley on the top for the hoist, and put a board just slightly above the pulley to trap the rope/cable in the pulley.

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
30 years ago I built a small house 24 x 24 with 10 foot walls. I put 12 x 12 attic rafters on it. In order to set the rafter we placed a wooden a-frame if the bucket of the FEL. The bucket itself was a flat back type and the a-frame with a piece nailed across the ends of the 2 x 6s. was pushed back against the 90 degree wall. a piece of wire rope (cable ) was attached to the top of the a-frame over the back of the bucket and around the edge and tied off to the top of the bucket. We were able to set all the rafters with this with out any problems. There was no winch needed as we used the curl of the bucket to adjust the height.

This is the idea of the front end loader and it is on a Bota. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZHQjE-AFc

Last edited:

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
AWWW that's cute... a landscape rake in the snow! :p

Our snow would just laugh at that! :rolleyes:

It would be like grooming a ski slope! :D
Figured someone would enjoy that! First snow in five years, so don't make fun of it! LOL.

Actually, the rake seems to break up the crust and let the snow melt on the driveway
without messing up the gravel base. The idea is to let the sun do the work. We get very
little snow, so I'm happy enough. I do wish I had something to ski on though.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Figured someone would enjoy that! First snow in five years, so don't make fun of it! LOL.

Actually, the rake seems to break up the crust and let the snow melt on the driveway
without messing up the gravel base. The idea is to let the sun do the work. We get very
little snow, so I'm happy enough. I do wish I had something to ski on though.
Funny was me dragging around a spring tooth cultivator a few years back trying to break up 4" to 12" of frozen snow and ice that hit while I was snow plowing, it was a mess to drive on, and yes the cutivater worked rather nicely!

Very smart to break it up and let the sun do the work as I suspect you don't have snow tire and studs on your vehicles! ;)

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Here is an image of what I'm thinking.
No sure about wood but it all depends on how much weight I guess.

I just have a section of 65x65x5mm SHS welded to a 3pl tow hitch.
When I need it the pole (50x50x5mm SHS) slots into that.

I never used the hitch anyway as I use and adopter in the 4in1 bucket to tow.
It takes too long to remove the BH and setup the 3PL

In any case I had the hitch which cost $100 new laying around so it made sense to use it. If I had it over id just buy a hitch rather tan bother to fabricate a mount and by extra cat1 pins.

I dont lift more weight than the 3pl can lift without putting jack stands under the hitch.

Also I have a gin pole for the bucket but it has much less left height and weight. Good for some things but for weight and height the rear pole is better.

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Hey Buffalo, don't you have any lakes down there you can ski on?:D
Every time I put on a bathing suit we have a fish-kill. Lots of lakes in
Oklahoma, and most of them are full of jug-lines. You can get hooks
in your hide just trying to noodle a catfish ...

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Built a fence. Used the bucket/chain to pull the 4x4s out and replace with new ones. Pushed them straight back in the same hole with the bucket.