What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I moved some snow tires from the pole barn to the garage. Then I moved some summer tires from the garage to the pole barn. Then, in a way more exciting move, I moved a shower stall from the garage to the deck so it could go in the house. And the piece de resistance, I finally threw the 68" pull type blower on and ran it over the driveway real quick. It wasn't entirely necessary, but between wanting to make sure everything worked fine and all that... I didn't want to run it too long, though, cause the fuel gage is dangerously low - fuel can is in the back of my truck as we speak.
One thing, in my idiocy, I struggled with the stupid PTO shaft way too much. The blower came with a very nice collared PTO shaft (as opposed to the button that is barely accessible), and I could not seem to get the shaft on the tractor despite the collar being pushed forward. I tried getting the detent balls to go in, couldn't do it. Only after about 15 or 20 minutes did it dawn on me that what I was pushing forward wasn't the collar. So, pull the CORRECT collar BACK and it slides right on.
I don't think there's anything worse than struggling with something for so long just to realize what an idiot I am. I know I should be relieved that I don't need to struggle any longer, and grateful that I have the knowledge to get through it all, but I'm just not built that way. I go straight to thinking how much of an idiot I am, why I didn't think of it sooner, and how I should have known in the first place. Is there anything worse than realizing how much of an idiot I am? I suppose, realistically, it would be worse to NOT realize how much of an idiot I am; then I could STILL be out there struggling with it to this day.

Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Another label installed so I can “remember” 🤔
Got to get a 45 so I’m not hitting my PB line every time I raise the 3PH.

View attachment 70582 View attachment 70584
I put my counter weight and 3pt hitch on for the winter after tacking the backhoe off. I see my hose is a tight fit with the hitch too. I bought a couple extra couplings maybe install one and use a smaller hose when the backhoe is off. Don't know yet but maybe your idea would work.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
I moved some snow tires from the pole barn to the garage. Then I moved some summer tires from the garage to the pole barn. Then, in a way more exciting move, I moved a shower stall from the garage to the deck so it could go in the house. And the piece de resistance, I finally threw the 68" pull type blower on and ran it over the driveway real quick. It wasn't entirely necessary, but between wanting to make sure everything worked fine and all that... I didn't want to run it too long, though, cause the fuel gage is dangerously low - fuel can is in the back of my truck as we speak.
One thing, in my idiocy, I struggled with the stupid PTO shaft way too much. The blower came with a very nice collared PTO shaft (as opposed to the button that is barely accessible), and I could not seem to get the shaft on the tractor despite the collar being pushed forward. I tried getting the detent balls to go in, couldn't do it. Only after about 15 or 20 minutes did it dawn on me that what I was pushing forward wasn't the collar. So, pull the CORRECT collar BACK and it slides right on.
I don't think there's anything worse than struggling with something for so long just to realize what an idiot I am. I know I should be relieved that I don't need to struggle any longer, and grateful that I have the knowledge to get through it all, but I'm just not built that way. I go straight to thinking how much of an idiot I am, why I didn't think of it sooner, and how I should have known in the first place. Is there anything worse than realizing how much of an idiot I am? I suppose, realistically, it would be worse to NOT realize how much of an idiot I am; then I could STILL be out there struggling with it to this day.
I'm not familiar with the collar style pto shaft. But if it's not the first time you've struggled with it, it's not going to be the last. Just a suggestion, you might want to take a paint marker or sharpie and mark the "right" collar. Could be arrows, stars, or just a squiggle to jog your memory. Especially for something that you probably only mess with twice a year. (On in the fall, off in the spring)
I'm not blaming the age thing, but my memory isn't what it used to be either. I've gone as far as writing the psi on my tractor rims.

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
I did the 200 hr service on my MX5400! Changed the Hydraulic/HST oil and filters. It all went pretty well. $381.00 worth of oil and filters. Money well spent I do believe. Now I'm having a glass of wine to celebrate. :)

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
Finally getting around to weed-wacking 4 rows of pines along our road frontage. Am also marking all of the stumps (from culls) that I invariably hit with the MMM. Hopefully, I'll grind them all out before the first snowfall.

Reactions: 1 users

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I'm not familiar with the collar style pto shaft. But if it's not the first time you've struggled with it, it's not going to be the last. Just a suggestion, you might want to take a paint marker or sharpie and mark the "right" collar. Could be arrows, stars, or just a squiggle to jog your memory. Especially for something that you probably only mess with twice a year. (On in the fall, off in the spring)
I'm not blaming the age thing, but my memory isn't what it used to be either. I've gone as far as writing the psi on my tractor rims.
That's not a bad idea. Pretty sure I have a paint pen floating around the garage somewhere. When I find it I'll have to use it to mark out where it belongs so I know where to put it back.
I feel silly, cause it seems very obvious how it works (in hindsight). I probably struggle with it every time, then my frustration doesn't exactly help my memory, I just get more obstinate.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I took the leaf vacuum and mower deck off. Put the doors and windshield on. Sealed up some air leaks so the heater is more effective and put the snow plow on. I guess its that time of year.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Dug out a 12" diameter pine tree stump. Then removed the backhoe and installed the box blade for grading the area. Tomorrow.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Made a few more of these crates. I use them to store and transport firewood. They are three sided so I can put them up against each other and nobody can steal the wood. Sad but it happens. Crates hold 2 face cord and saves a lot of double stacking. Unfortunately for my two sons that first pic is to be unloaded right beside the front door for mom lol
I like them better then the tote cages. Plus get way more inside them and covered with steel roofing.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Made a few more of these crates. I use them to store and transport firewood. They are three sided so I can put them up against each other and nobody can steal the wood. Sad but it happens. Crates hold 2 face cord and saves a lot of double stacking. Unfortunately for my two sons that first pic is to be unloaded right beside the front door for mom lol
I like them better then the tote cages. Plus get way more inside them and covered with steel roofing.
Nice! Don't think my little B could lug that around though. 2 face cord = an actual cord, if I remember correctly? Sucks that you have to worry about folks stealing your wood... )-:

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
3 face cord is a bush cord. The 7060 would probably lift it as it has zero trouble lifting the 2 cords. Having that third cord out front of the forks might change things though. Especially with an unseasoned load. I thought about trying it in the spring but I think even loading a 3 face cord bin would be a pain bending in to stack. Plus Then I’d get less seat time in the tractor moving them. Can’t have that.

If the system works don’t change it was my final thought lol

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
Yesterday, an un-named delivery truck was backing into my driveway. It is a bit over 300' and slight curve. We had a bit of snow but not enough to plow as the ground is not froze. Somehow, I figure he was only watching his left mirror he went into the slight ditch on the right because of the curve and right rear duals went into the open collection bowl where the buried culverts all meet. From the get go he was apologetic and I assured him it was no big deal. I have always helped those in need and being able to get out the kubota and a chain and have him on his way in minutes made me smile and my day. These people are over worked already and the christmas rush coming I wouldn't want that job. I am retired so again I am still smiling a could help someone so quickly with my retirement tractor. No money, no cussing or frustration, just a first name introduction and John and I shared a handshake.

Bill
Of all the people in logistics I think the delivery drivers get shafted pretty close to the hardest. A big reason for all of the driveway work I’m doing is to make it a lot easier for them to get in and out. It very rarely hurts to be good to people in my book.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
What size bucket? they recommend 3 for a 60" bucket, but looks like 2 is good enough.
I don’t have a ton of crown in the driveway so I went with two for now. It seemed to work ok though there are a couple spots I’m sure will need touching up when I finish the driveway & parking in the spring. Considering getting the real deal ones next year and the garbage bin holders that go with them.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Looks like you live in a very rural area.
People will steal your firewood?

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
It really is a problem in rural areas. It happens all the time around here. The bad guys even steal 8ft logs from logging projects before it is loaded and hauled off. The power company trimmed trees along my woods in front and before I had a chance to load the limbs up they left for me...someone helped themself to the truck load that laid along the front of my woods.

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ya being rural isn’t always a good thing if your not always around watching things. People always feel that just because hydro cuts it it’s up for grabs. See it all the time. I have always thought it was still the property owners. My buddy in the city goes around after hydro but speaks to the land or home owners first. Being in the city most of them have no use for it these days. Beats his shop for free as did I when I was in the city.
In my case now I own a campground and people will most definitely help them self to anything I leave around. Ive had them jump fences even pop off boards to grad at it. I’ve had them take wood I just cut that day not even split and obviously we all can guess how that went. Faces are priceless when I get to confront them the next day. Listening to peoples different excuses or reasons for just helping themselves I almost enjoy that kind of thing now lol I’m sure I got issues

• Haha