To those looking for 20.5x8-10 tires

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
Ok I am not sure there is still a demand for these tires, but I had a heck of a time finding them, I have a b7100 which was shod with the turf wheels. I needed much more traction than they offered. I live on a hill and have loads of dirt (mud) and even more snow in the winter. So I found the flotation ags in a 29x12.5-15 and installed them on the rear, these are not to hard to find. I got mine of Tires-easy. they are the carlisle Tru-power Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company
.... Then off to the front dilemma, I searched long and hard. Turfs or even trailer tires were not hard to locate but the tread patterns were not aggressive enough for my use.
Well I found a set of hdap tires to meet my needs, (heavy duty all purpose tires) these aren't usually rated for the weight but I found a set of heavy duty ones. Most here were buying the Firestone Turf and Field G-2 for front use which are now impossible to find except through dealers and even then. They said I would have to wait 60 days and they where 150 each. They weight rated at 875-925 per tire.
Firestone Agricultural Tire Division : Tire Details
I was just about to give up and get these when I came across the Carlisle All Trail's
Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company
To me they are more aggressive than the Turf and fields, also the carlisle all trails are supposed to be great in snow and ice conditions winter will tell that one. They have a 4 ply construction and are weight rated at 1160 lbs !!!!!!! now as for the size, its intimidating, they are 20x10-10 these will fit gents. In fact they are skinnier than the 20.5x8-10 trailer tires I pulled off. If you look in specs on them they say they measure 20.1 x 8.9 but I found them to be thinner yet than that once mounted. They fit perfect I have run them for two weeks now including loading the FEL heavy they take the weight easy and I enjoy the extra traction. Also They only cost 53 each and I was able to get them from tires easy also. I just thought I would let everyone who is looking for this elusive size know what I did. I know the search helped me find the turf and fields so hopefully this will help someone else out.......

Reactions: 1 user

oldtown

Equipment
L175, 1977 model . caroni finish mower , first choice tiller 6 scrape blade
Feb 14, 2010
Hot springs NC
thanks for the heads up. are you going to sell the old ones.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
thank you for confirming my thoughts on this, I had done the search for tires and came up with the same conclusion about the Carlisle 20x10x10, the over all inflated height is just a bit taller than the 21.8x10s, but the weight rating is greater, so dropping a bit of air pressure (2-3psi) should be golden.

I haven't bought mine yet, I guess I'm waiting for that Saturday when I need to use the tractor and I have a flat tire so I can cuss the rest of the weekend....

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
The 20x10-10 come out just a tad short actually with a 20.1 " height so about a 1/4 inch shy of what most 20.5 actually measure. But not enough to make a significant difference, they are actually closer than the Turf and fields on size.

My tires I plan on keeping, If I can ever get another set of turf rims, Ill remount them, Id like to have a set of turfs also. But If I had to have one set it would be the ags with the nature of what I do. Also the ones I took of were 29x14-15 !!!! Man those 14 inch wide sneakers looked good. I will replace the fronts even if I go to another set of rims. The fronts that were removed were Trailer tires, Pretty good shape the outer tread got chewed up a little from light rubbing on the FEL mounting brackets, they rubbed when it was articulating and turning on the brackets. Did any one else have this problem ever ? The new ones by the way are a tad thinner so they DO NOT rub, very pleased with that...... But I guess I would be willing to sell the old fronts, they both leak slightly so I am not sure if there would be any interest. Not much for tread either, they are new tread but it is trailer so a little too tame in my opinion for a drive axle..............

evan4434

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 19, 2010
Kellogg,IA,USA
The 20x10-10 come out just a tad short actually with a 20.1 " height so about a 1/4 inch shy of what most 20.5 actually measure. But not enough to make a significant difference, they are actually closer than the Turf and fields on size.

My tires I plan on keeping, If I can ever get another set of turf rims, Ill remount them, Id like to have a set of turfs also. But If I had to have one set it would be the ags with the nature of what I do. Also the ones I took of were 29x14-15 !!!! Man those 14 inch wide sneakers looked good. I will replace the fronts even if I go to another set of rims. The fronts that were removed were Trailer tires, Pretty good shape the outer tread got chewed up a little from light rubbing on the FEL mounting brackets, they rubbed when it was articulating and turning on the brackets. Did any one else have this problem ever ? The new ones by the way are a tad thinner so they DO NOT rub, very pleased with that...... But I guess I would be willing to sell the old fronts, they both leak slightly so I am not sure if there would be any interest. Not much for tread either, they are new tread but it is trailer so a little too tame in my opinion for a drive axle..............
Now that you have had these tires on the front for awhile have you noticed any binding issues?

Another guy that purchased these tires said he measured the rolling circumference and it was less so he took them off out of fear of damaging the front end.

rickscrux

May 9, 2012
el paso, texas United States
Grand V8,
New to forum and to the elusive 20.5 x 8 tire issue. I have a B 1750 HST and had to go trailer to keep going but am curious now that it has been two years, how are the Carlisle tires doing? Any problems with the size difference?

smog

Equipment
B7200HST, diy 3pt forks, diy 3pt blade, 3pt mower, diy hyd rotary broom
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
www.northernliftgates.com
On my B7200HST, I replaced the front 8" rims for 10" from ebay then got 6.00x10 AG tires. They are slightly oversized but I use my brain and never engage the front drive on pavement or when traction is not an issue.

anyway, we shouldn't use our tractors in 4x4 all the time if not necessary

Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Grand V8,
New to forum and to the elusive 20.5 x 8 tire issue. I have a B 1750 HST and had to go trailer to keep going but am curious now that it has been two years, how are the Carlisle tires doing? Any problems with the size difference?
Well guys of got some great news for you all, Firestone Ag is back in the business again of building the 21x800-10 Turf & Field with the correct 61 inch rolling circumference!!! That's exactly the same rolling circumference of the 20.5x8-10 Bridgestone Pillow Dia and both were original equipment on Kubota and other brand tractors. They're pricy in my opinion but after years of writing letters begging them to bring them back they finally did and are even available as I've got them in stock!!! The day before I got the news I had two calls for them and you can bet I was back on the phone saving a deal and finally having the right tire to fit the application properly.
The Firestone article ( stock ) number is 381653 so call your local dealer or go to Firestoneag.com and use the "dealer locator" feature t find the closest one to you by zip code.
Al

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Vic,
just wondering if you've had a chance to measure the rolling circumference on those tires to see what it is as we've never gotten together on that yet.

The price of shipping in the USA is equally ridiculous no matter who you use plus we're getting hit with an additional $8.50 per tire hazardous material handling fee if they're not in a cardboard box. They used to let us use plastic bags which we have around that are clear to satisfy that requirement and of
course the first thing the UPS drivers did anyway is poke a hole in the bag so that they could pick them up by the bead to carry back to the truck. Of course they did the exact same trick on 5 gallon buckets of liquid lubes-paints etc so they could get a hold of the wire handle as it's of course so much easier to carry that way.
Al

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I realize I'm resurecting a 5 year old thread, but this is the one that both Google and the site pull up when searching for this info.

Well guys of got some great news for you all, Firestone Ag is back in the business again of building the 21x800-10 Turf & Field with the correct 61 inch rolling circumference!!! That's exactly the same rolling circumference of the 20.5x8-10 Bridgestone Pillow Dia and both were original equipment on Kubota and other brand tractors.
And now they're discontinued again. :(

Mine came with Goodyear 20.5 x 8 x 10 trailer tires on the front from the dealer. According to the original owner, it shipped with Ag tires, but he wanted turfs so the dealer switched them out. At 20psi, I measured the worn tires' circumference to be 65" even.

I replaced them with the 20 x 10 x 10 Carlisle "All Trail 2" ATV tire mentioned above. At 20 psi, I measure the circumference to be 64-3/8" -- which works out to a calculated 20.49" diameter. Tread width is virtually identical at 7", although the trailer tire sidewalls bulge considerably more on each side.

I really like the tread compared to the trailer tire.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Looks great Torch. Thank you for posting. ATV tires are an excellent alternative to the trailer tire option.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I've only had them for a week, but doing some loader work the other day they did seem to have better traction than the trailer tires in 4wd. And the tread clears itself of mud much better than the rear turfs!

theberge

Nov 15, 2017
US
I've only had them for a week, but doing some loader work the other day they did seem to have better traction than the trailer tires in 4wd. And the tread clears itself of mud much better than the rear turfs!
Torch I just ordered a set of those tires you have on the front of your tractor in the Carlisle all Trail just wondering how you are feeling about them now. They look like they are good tires for the situation have you had any problems with them I ordered mine through jet.com online

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have no complaints. My son and I both did a bunch of loader work this summer, and the traction in dirt was at least as good as the trailer tires that the tractor originally wore (I have yet to try them out in serious snow). There has been no sign of damage to the lawn using these.

I bought them through Amazon. I don't recall the exact vendor, but they were about $70 each.

theberge

Nov 15, 2017
US
I have no complaints. My son and I both did a bunch of loader work this summer, and the traction in dirt was at least as good as the trailer tires that the tractor originally wore (I have yet to try them out in serious snow). There has been no sign of damage to the lawn using these.

I bought them through Amazon. I don't recall the exact vendor, but they were about $70 each.
Thanks for the response look forward to having them on the tractor it is a New addition to my collection

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

tlcfj6082

Equipment
B7100 HST , B2550
Nov 19, 2017
MI

How is the width clearance ? Any issues in snow yet?

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Width at the tread is identical. The old tires' sidewalls bulged a bit more, but that may have just been the difference in age and miles. So, no clearance issues whatsoever.

Snow performance has been fine. Seems to work well when blowing off the ice rink too, but then that's perfectly flat. A better test of ice performance will be here in about 2 days -- we're supposed to get 30mm of rain tomorrow, followed by a flash-freeze on Friday. It will be interesting to see how it fares with the hill in the driveway after that!

BTW: if you are researching new tires, you might want to review this recent thread for a possible alternative:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34391