Recovered B8200 - Found abandoned

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you bottle feed the injection pump, and the stop lever is in the run position, and you have the fuel lines cracked at the injectors and your not getting fuel, Your going to need to pull the injection pump and have it rebuilt, send me a PM and I'll tell you who can do it for fairly cheap.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Most States do not require a title. I have bill of sale for my (Dealer) Ford. Our Kubota nothing...What Krich said make sense ~ "I'd be sure and document the fact"
I never been pulled over by the police, with either tractor on a trailer! Or driving down the highway, yes it's rural around here.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
If you bottle feed the injection pump, and the stop lever is in the run position, and you have the fuel lines cracked at the injectors and your not getting fuel, Your going to need to pull the injection pump and have it rebuilt, send me a PM and I'll tell you who can do it for fairly cheap.
I’ll play with this a bit more in the coming weeks and if I can’t get something to give I’ll hollar. We are building a barndo and running a business so my free time is thin. Thank you for the offer! I suspect the injector pump is plugged up.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Sorry in advance for the silence. Wife and I are building a barndominium down here in Texas and between that and work I have had zero time to focus on the B8200.

On January 11th I finally got her to light up and she runs! Sounds smooth and like a diesel tractor. I have a video but have not had time to upload.

None of the gauges on the dash work so I have no info on oil pressure. That said, next step I guess is to reassemble the dash and steering wheel to see if it will drive.

There is zero transmission fluid showing on the dipstick. There is a leak at the 3-point lever. I guess I’m gonna top it off and test the functions of the loader first to see if I can raise it and keep it up before driving.

Any suggestions before I attempt this next step of testing the functions and driving it?

Reactions: 3 users

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
I would fix the oil pressure gauge before doing anything else.
Great suggestion! That said, there is no gauge for pressure. I think what it originally had was just a warning light that turns on in the absence of pressure. Currently none of the dash information gauges work. The electrical was disabled by the previous owner. I’m going to have to work my way thru that mess and rewire it all.

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Great suggestion! That said, there is no gauge for pressure. I think what it originally had was just a warning light that turns on in the absence of pressure. Currently none of the dash information gauges work. The electrical was disabled by the previous owner. I’m going to have to work my way thru that mess and rewire it all.
It would be interesting to connect a gauge to the port for the oil light switch, just to know what you have for pressure.

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
It would be interesting to connect a gauge to the port for the oil light switch, just to know what you have for pressure.
I was leaning toward installing of those aftermarket multiguage kits with something that might give me oil pressure, water temp, etc. This gal has none of that detail. Probably easier to install this and get more benefit from it than trying to reorder the expensive Kubota light panel and get all that to work again.

Reactions: 5 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What is the port size on the D850/950? I don't think it's NPT...BSPP?
It's BSPT, same taper as NPT just different thread pitch.

BSPP is a straight cut thread that needs a O-ring seal surface.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
The tool if anyone is interested is a pickle picker. You can find on Amazon. $5 for plastic and a tenner for the ss version.
Definitely comes in handy occasionally!
I googled "pickle tickler" by accident and now HR wants to speak with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I googled "pickle tickler" by accident and now HR wants to speak with me.
I googled it after reading your post, as I had never heard the term before...I see what you mean! :oops: Shame on you for leading me down that path! Even if it was only for a few seconds...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Inexpensive Gauges are here…

Remember, there are two types, the old mechanical with uses a tube from the engine to the gauge,
and the new electric type,
which uses a sensor on the engine, then a wire to the gauge…

You also need ground, hot, and switched (lights on the gauge) power…

morecoffeeplz

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Deere 333G
Dec 17, 2022
SE Texas
Thanks! I’ll dig deeper soon. Starting to see some time freeing up here in the near future to get back to the project. I have to walk by the thing every time I go to get any tools. It’s torture because I’m excited to see what comes next now that I have it running.
B6172D92-E8BB-4D9D-865B-BBA7116CA527.jpeg

I have a couple of leaks that are contributing to why the machine has no hydraulic fluid on the dipstick.
9119B679-C1A0-4449-99CA-183C5649C7EF.jpeg

This is the 3-point hitch lever area:
889C10F5-3EB3-4073-A0D9-FF8D03243928.jpeg