Rebuiding Cab

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Great job.
Nice and shiny and it looks pretty good to me. It has to look good to you after all that work. :D

I think I saw a deer sneaking a peek at your tractor from around the corner of the shed :D:D:D:D:D:D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My kids want me to make big teeth for the grill and huge bolts out each side of the cab like frankenstein. But I am glad to see it on the tractor. I was afraid I wasn't going to get it on before snow. And the deer is actually "hiding" around the corner of the shed because my son is going to shoot it.:D

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Hey~ it look a like bullet proof limousine~~~:D
Compare to mine, yours look a far better and stronger.
Congrats~!

So, are you going to install the wiper?

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Joe, Thank's. Yes I think the cab is bullet proof but apparently the glass is not. I cracked the rear window installing it. It was a really tight fit, my son suggested grinding it down a bit. I should have listened to him. He is going to install the lights and wipers. I have been on a drug called prednisone all summer and it really has a nice effect on me. Energy to burn. More flexibility more strength. Well the party is over. Had to cut down on the drug , High doses for too long are dangerous. The less I take the slower I become. But on the other hand I won't run out of things to do any time soon.:D:D But WOW!! did I have a good summer.

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
You may need to slow down a little. Just be careful with the prednisone as you know bad on organs. My wife has RA also. Hope you get to feeling better good luck. You really have that beast looking good;).handyman

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Handyman, Thanks but it's ok I am feeling fine, just slow. I have said this before but there are not many of us that can say that they get to do something they enjoy doing " every day". I am not rich or well off, but just getting by. And I am the happiest man I know because I know the gifts I have been given and I enjoy them everyday. :D

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Hey, Dusty......

That cab looks great! You should be all set, when the white stuff starts to fall.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
"It was a really tight fit, my son suggested grinding it down a bit. I should have listened to him. He is going to install the lights and wipers."

What do you talking about? How old is your son~???
You don't look that old and your OLDEST son is that smart and can do all that lights and wiper work~~~???????????:D

My son is 24 years old and he is good at martial arts and medical science but totally no good at the machinery and any of repair stuff~:(

and What is "prednisone" for~? I heard a few times about this but I forgot~:eek:

Nice job again.

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Joe. I am 53 my son is 32. Yeah my wife and I started married life when we were 18 years old. My son is an auto mechanic. I have a disease that affects my joints bones and muscles called rheumatoid arthritis (luck of the draw) and silicosis from sandblasting when I was young. Prednisone is a steroid. It can be used with a lot of diseases but in large doses it can harm internal organs and lots of other nasty stuff. I have to balance how much I take.:D:D For me it is good stuff:cool::cool:

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Hey~ I thought you are ONLY 30 years old some where~~~ by the picture.:D
Then you are 2 years older than me. Wow, you have 32 years old son~.
I could borrow him some time~ :D

and sorry to hear that trouble in your body.:(
My doctor told me I have arthritis in my neck, tendinitis in my wrist, tennis elbow on my right elbow, pitcher's elbow on my left elbow~ Wow~.
and they could do nothing for me. Martial artist like that kind of situation?! I thought I'm done. but I found Glucosamine(?) in Wal-mart and it cured me
in a couple of month~~~:D I was soooooo lucky.

and now I have tennis elbow on my left arm and pitcher's elbow my right arm~:mad: So, I'm taking that Gulcosamine(?) crazy again...:D
Its already got much better but I'm still be careful on that though.

I hope you get well soon too. and be careful too, older brother~:D

Joe.

mtaylor

Equipment
L210
Jun 15, 2009
nacogdoches,tx usa
Great looking job Rusty. I like that California tilt on the cab.
after reading about your arthuritis<sp> I'm even more impressed with your work. There's something about that 5 being the first number in our age that starts stuff happening. Have a good winter.

Mike

dhutch469

Equipment
Kubota L2500, (2) John Deere Gator TX, Kubota ZD326, Jacobsen Tri-King 1900D(which has kubota engine
Oct 27, 2009
livingston,la
nice cab man!! it dont snow very often here is louisiana but sure wish i had one on mine just to keep out the cold. nice work!

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks the good comments guys. I appreciate them. Hey joe, if I was you I would stop playing tennis and baseball and tendonitis too, whatever kind of game that is.:D I'm joking of course. But I know it is not really funny. You take care of yourself too.:) dusty

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Wow Dusty, I turn my back and your cab is on and looking good!! Man last time 3 pages back it was still wet from painting. Now what are you going to use for heat or is it just to keep the snow out? Hey sorry about the slow down but take it from me it's better to be slow and alive than fast and ......well gone. They can't find what to do with me next, when something works it does a number on the body so they just give me stuff that knocks me out. So I don't take it what a mess I have reached a point that I have a hard time gripping anything and holding it. But every day is still a blessing just to be here and I maybe slow but like my B6000 I just keep on going ......;)

Oh I like your Cab hoist I'm getting better with this Mig so I hope to be making some stuff this year.

Keep it Up Dusty it Looks Great!!:D Jerry:)

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Frankly, I don't even like the Baseball or Tennis.:D
Doctor call me those names~ ha ha ha...

It's healing good now but I'm still being careful on my arms.

Dusty, November 28th (Saturday), 10 am... I'm having probation Black belt test in Mount Forest. If you like to come to watch that How I torture my instructors...:D

Joe.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. Jerry, the hands, Never ever ever stop using them, ever.because it never stops, at least for me it has not. Going on 20 years now. But it's not cancer and it is not aids it is not a lot of things that are a lot worse. Never quit. Improvise, as it changes your body you have to change the way you use your body. This stuff is just my opinion so you take it for what its worth.This is the wrong place to be posting this stuff. But if anything I can say can help you out a bit then I don't care where it get's posted. If something doesn't work for you anymore then change the way you use it or change it so that you can use it. And yes there are things you can't do anymore like jump tall buildings or do up your pants.:eek: I am lucky, I am bull headed and a little bit stupid, it helps.:D Joe, I'll keep that date in mind.I would like to see it.:D dusty