Picked up this bad boy today

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Diesel splitter is still a go :) the yanmar will not fit in the go kart. Kart needs a rewiring. Possibly a new starter. New cables for throttle, and a new rear brake. Currently has a scooter motor and transmission. And is 125cc. If the motor ends up being a hassle. I can always stuff the Koehler in it. And strip out all the wiring except the kill button. Koehler motor is a 196 cc. And would just need a torque converter set up for a sprocket and chain.

Got some grand kiddos that will freak out when it's all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That would be a little beyond my ability ;) And way beyond my ambition :p:p
Sure - I just read sawmill and got fired up!!!:):)

sawmill - just your name got me fired up when we're talking about an engine. Gotta start somewhere!:cool:

I cut bunches of firewood and spruce pulpwood as a hobby for quite a while. Forester out of college. As much as I like cutting it, never liked splitting/stacking.:( It really is easier to sticker up 4/4 stock! (and that's no walk in the park)

SAWMILL! (But a buggy for the grandkids is better suited to your engines:))

Best wishes all!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sure - I just read sawmill and got fired up!!!:):)

sawmill - just your name got me fired up when we're talking about an engine. Gotta start somewhere!:cool:

I cut bunches of firewood and spruce pulpwood as a hobby for quite a while. Forester out of college. As much as I like cutting it, never liked splitting/stacking.:( It really is easier to sticker up 4/4 stock! (and that's no walk in the park)

SAWMILL! (But a buggy for the grandkids is better suited to your engines:))

Best wishes all!

Buggy has only been here an hour and my wife is already making plans for a mudding trip :rolleyes: I'm thinking granny is gonna be spending more time in the drivers seat with the kiddos riding shot gun :rolleyes:

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Buggy has only been here an hour and my wife is already making plans for a mudding trip :rolleyes: I'm thinking granny is gonna be spending more time in the drivers seat with the kiddos riding shot gun :rolleyes:
Better make sure the lights work. You'll prolly have to sneak out at midnight to ride it. :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Better make sure the lights work. You'll prolly have to sneak out at midnight to ride it. :D
I fixed the carb a couple years ago for my buddy who had it. We happened to work together at the time. Took it for a spin around the gravel parking lot. Motor and tranny are out of a honda scooter. Was actually surprised at how spunky it was. I had it drifting pretty easily in the gravel parking lot. And was clocked at 60 with my buddy following me down the road so he could see how fast it would go. There's a governor plate in the floor by the throttle pedal. Will have to make good and sure we tone it down before letting the kids take it out. Will probably have to have my wife follow me in the car when it's up and running to get it down to a safe speed. Gonna pick up a couple of five point harnesses to mount in it too so they stay parked in the seat :D

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
The harnesses are a great idea. Helmets a must also. Need to get some pictures when they first see it. Gotta see those "perma smiles" (as you once said).

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got the diesel mounted in the wood splitter tonight :D

Now getting to this one bolt and getting it tight will make you invent new cuss words :rolleyes: had to get really creative.

With the m8 bolts the hydraulic pump bolted up nice and easy. Bolt holes were exactly the same pattern as the Koehler. :D forgot to pick up a key switch, battery bolts, and bolts for the regulator. Will get that later on this week.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
fo sho

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got her up and running and gave it a quick test. If my wife gets home tomorrow at a decent time, I'll post a video of it in operation :D

All I got to say is "dayum" :D that diesel doesn't bog down. Just gives a slight grunt and keeps on plowing through.

Could probably split I-beams with it :rolleyes:

Gotta build a battery box and mount the key switch.

Here's the key switch set up. It has a red light wired to the run position as a reminder the key is still on

Here's proof it split till I can get a video :)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren - Nice!:D

After the splitter and buggy are done......wait for it......wait...

BANDSAW MILL!!!!:p:p:p

Like I said, what could go better with that splitter???;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your right you aint no camera man,,:D,lol,,, but a nnice job setting it and yeah just a little grunt,, what hp did you say it was?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's 4.5hp. Can run around five to six hours on a gallon of fuel :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Jeez, i got motion sicknes from watchin that video. Barely fizzes that little diesel. Majes for a nice splitter. Especially the fuel part.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife won't be home from work for another hour so I tried to operate and shoot at the same time. Gonna end up on both sides of the state this weekend so I won't get a chance to finish it right off. Will build the battery box sometime next week when I get a chance. Get it spit shined and polished. Then have my wife shoot a quick vid while I run it next weekend. I got a big ol knotty chunk just waiting to run the diesel through it's paces :D

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Very nice Daren, a diesel powered wood splitter isn't something you see every day. Actually, I can't recall ever seeing one like it! I would like to have something small like that for a generator.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Daren, nice job!

Now you need some platforms on each side of the beam to catch your split pieces you don't have to balance them or let them fall on you engine.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Your neighbors aren't going to like it as much. Loud sucker compared to gasser.