Picked up this bad boy today

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks guys :D

D2cat, the manufacturer of the splitter sells a shield/log catcher for the motor side. Problem is they are pretty proud of it. When I get the stuff to build the battery box, I was gonna see about getting extra material to build a catcher for that side :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you build the catcher be sure to remember (if the splitter tilts up) to be able to remove it easily. It needs to be out of the way when tilted.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Yeah, it's almost exactly the same as my huskee (speeco). Log catch doesn't get in the way. And it's a necessary thing, too, at least if you split alone.
I like the diesel conversion. It sure seemed pretty quiet to me, for it being diesel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I would like to get mh hands on a four way wedge for it :D
Yep, I think that puppy will 4-way (and more-way) split firewood.

Regarding your vid, of course it was rough since you had to run your phone/camera one-handed, and operate the splitter, and load the logs. Next time, please turn the phone sideways, it will make the picture better and will also help to reduce the amount of upchuck in the audience.

Oh, and please vid yer wifey when you ask her to vid you splitting. It's been years since I've seen a good eye-roll! (I wonder if Halabama gurlz can do a proper eye-roll?)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
ShaunBlake, thanks for the tip on the video. Probably wouldn't be safe to video my wife. She's a texan, and doesn't really roll her eyes. I would get the "look" :eek: then you would probably see her coming for the camera. Might be entertaining for ya'll, but not so much for me :rolleyes: :p

Stopped by the local fab shop. Gonna have to find a new place locally for metal :( owner retired and sold off everything. Was able to talk to the guy that bought all his metal and was able to get a couple pieces I needed for the battery box and the wood catcher. If I stopped by last wednesday I could have come home with a bunch of stuff cheap!!!! :rolleyes: Someone got one hell of a deal on his welders!! :( still gotta find a 2x3 piece of expanded metal.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Stopped by the local fab shop. Gonna have to find a new place locally for metal.
Daren - too bad Arkansas is a decent drive from upstate New York.:(

This place is great! Their drop room makes me feel like a kid in a candy store! All sold by the pound, but I think its all cash and carry!:D

They had some great 304 stainless in the drop room a while back - I saw a maple evaporator pan in the makin'!:cool:

http://www.steelsalesinc.com/Specials.html

Best Wishes!:cool::cool:

Keep that bandsaw mill in mind!:p:p:p

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yeah, I'm kinda jealous. Nearest place now is the next town south. Not really convenient to run over during the lunch break. They specialize in steel buildings so you have to buy a whole stick :(

I did get the battery box built and mounted. Also got the key switch mounted. Now all I need is a couple of J hooks and some paint :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well it's been a bit. Been busier the a one armed paper hanger, and out of town for a bit here and there. Finally got a chance to get in the garage and work on the log catcher for the splitter. Got it welded up and mounted. Just need to cut a piece of expanded metal.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's a couple pics of the log catcher now that it's done. No interference with usage :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nice!!!! Now what you going to work on? Did you find a use for the gas engine?

Fixing to offer the gas motor up for sale now that I'll be home for a bit. Gotta get a new motor and torque converter for the kids dune buggy. A Honda gy6 engine from a scooter is a direct hook up for it and comes with the torque converter. Gotta get that fixed up before Christmas. Got the splitter done so now I can tear into the buggy :D

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Put 3 hours on the splitter this weekend. Plus a couple hours a few weekends ago when the video was posted. Never topped the tank between uses. For five hours of splitting, it only used 1/2 gallon of fuel :D

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
That is great! I think I can afford the gas, so plan on coming over to Sugar Hill and splitting the two Oaks and the maple I had cut down, and I I'll fill your spliter with non-alcholic gas! :p

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That is great! I think I can afford the gas, so plan on coming over to Sugar Hill and splitting the two Oaks and the maple I had cut down, and I I'll fill your spliter with non-alcholic gas! :p
It's a diesel :D:D