Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
There are no lack of examples of misguided people:

"A Georgia police officer who frequently posted anti-vaxx messages on Facebook and took an anti-parasitic drug instead of a vaccine has died of COVID-19.
Captain Joe Manning, 57, of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office died on Wednesday after a short battle with the virus, according to local news station WSAV.
Sheriff Chuck Moseley said, "Captain Manning was an integral part of our family and our hearts are broken. Our love and prayers go forward to his family," according to WSAV."

After the announcement of his death, Facebook posts made by Manning circulated on social media.

In one post, Manning shared an image that said, "I am not vaccinated by choice and that's my right."
In another, Manning encouraged people to stock up on the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, frequently used to deworm horses, and increasingly being taken by people in a misguided attempt to treat or prevent COVID-19.

"OK Folks Wayne Feed and Seed has some liquid and paste Ivermectin get it while supplies last," Manning wrote on Facebook.

Manning also wrote on Facebook that he had taken ivermectin himself, and criticized Facebook for disciplining him for spreading misinformation, The Independent reported.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said the drug does not help prevent or treat coronavirus, and this week issued a health advisory detailing an increase in severe illness caused by taking ivermectin."

Do you family a favor - get vaccinated , wear a mask. Let's get over this pandemic!

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

"A Georgia police officer who frequently posted anti-vaxx messages on Facebook and took an anti-parasitic drug instead of a vaccine has died of COVID-19.
Captain Joe Manning, 57, of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office died on Wednesday after a short battle with the virus, according to local news station WSAV.
Sheriff Chuck Moseley said, "Captain Manning was an integral part of our family and our hearts are broken. Our love and prayers go forward to his family," according to WSAV."

After the announcement of his death, Facebook posts made by Manning circulated on social media.

In one post, Manning shared an image that said, "I am not vaccinated by choice and that's my right."
In another, Manning encouraged people to stock up on the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, frequently used to deworm horses, and increasingly being taken by people in a misguided attempt to treat or prevent COVID-19.

"OK Folks Wayne Feed and Seed has some liquid and paste Ivermectin get it while supplies last," Manning wrote on Facebook.

Manning also wrote on Facebook that he had taken ivermectin himself, and criticized Facebook for disciplining him for spreading misinformation, The Independent reported.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said the drug does not help prevent or treat coronavirus, and this week issued a health advisory detailing an increase in severe illness caused by taking ivermectin."

Do you family a favor - get vaccinated , wear a mask. Let's get over this pandemic!
While I lean the same way as ctfjr, all I can wonder is if this thread will hit 1000 posts! 🤣

Keep up the good work guys! 🤣🤣

Frankly, it would be a shame if all this input ended in the trash bin...;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The wrong person died in this example:

If it were up to me I'd turf out the unvaccinated to free up an ICU bed for this veteran. Maybe they'd like to go to TSC for healthcare. Fortunately or unfortunately that's not how healthcare works.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

If it were up to me I'd turf out the unvaccinated to free up an ICU bed for this veteran. Maybe they'd like to go to TSC for healthcare. Fortunately or unfortunately that's not how healthcare works.
When I saw your post at first I thought “well if he decided not to get vaccinated that’s the way it goes”.

But then I read the link and see his illness was unrelated to the virus, and that the reason he could not be treated was because there were no beds available (or treatment options) because that’s the way it is with coronavirus infections filling all the beds these days.

Since it seems to be widely reported that most of the hospitalizations are currently those who have not been vaccinated, it seems reasonable to think that the unvaccinated took up a bed that this vet could have used to save his life. But it goes beyond being a veteran. Same goes for anyone.

With an an average age over 75, this is a real concern for the wife and I. When older, you never know when things might go sour.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL

Call me a skeptic, but I read the article. and what I got out of it was the hospitals dropped the ball on treating this guy. There may be some truth to it, but to just say, "Oh, he died because all the ICU beds were full." isn't a very good excuse the way I see it. So, the guy needed an ICU bed immediately and nothing could be done before then. and they knew what was wrong from the start? No, he needed gallstone surgery. I am not a doctor, but the ICU bed excuse for treating this guy just doesn't sound completely legit. I could be wrong, but I think ineptness is involved to some degree.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Call me a skeptic, but I read the article. and what I got out of it was the hospitals dropped the ball on treating this guy. There may be some truth to it, but to just say, "Oh, he died because all the ICU beds were full." isn't a very good excuse the way I see it. So, the guy needed an ICU bed immediately and nothing could be done before then. and they knew what was wrong from the start? No, he needed gallstone surgery. I am not a doctor, but the ICU bed excuse for treating this guy just doesn't sound completely legit. I could be wrong, but I think ineptness is involved to some degree.
Well the guys on tv would have done the surgery in the lobby or the elevator, and all would be well. Maybe hospital policy or lack of imagination?

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Well the guys on tv would have done the surgery in the lobby or the elevator, and all would be well. Maybe hospital policy or lack of imagination?
Well, they don't do surgery in the ICU ward. He needed surgery, not an ICU. So, yeah, if willing, the right doctor could have done it any room with regular equipment is my bet. But, they wouldn't and didn't. Not saying he would not need the ICU later. But, I just feel there are some details being left out of this story.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Well, they don't do surgery in the ICU ward. He needed surgery, not an ICU. So, yeah, if willing, the right doctor could have done it any room with regular equipment is my bet. But, they wouldn't and didn't. Not saying he would not need the ICU later. But, I just feel there are some details being left out of this story.
Hospitals are a business, and Covid beds are where the money is right now 🤷‍♂️

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I think it's time that health insurance companies stop covering medical bills for the willfully unvaccinated. They are driving up the costs of treatment for everyone.
Make your choice and pay for the consequences.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I think it's time that health insurance companies stop covering medical bills for the willfully unvaccinated. They are driving up the costs of treatment for everyone.
Are you going to be OK with it when the insurance company turns you down for treatment of your heart disease or diabetes because of your lifestyle choices they will say you made? Slippery slope there.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
“Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves, and, under a just God, cannot long retain it.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Did you watch the M. Moore movie "Super Size me"?

When is the last time you had fast food?

There should be a surcharge.on your medical insurance.. Don't you agree?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

It is cute how you can post these little anecdotal stories with no problem but when I post actual headlines or news links to people with bad reactions (and death) from the vaccine they are all censored/deleted.

What were you saying about an agenda?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is cute how you can post these little anecdotal stories with no problem but when I post actual headlines or news links to people with bad reactions (and death) from the vaccine they are all censored/deleted.

Are you claiming that the site administrators or moderators are deleting your posts because they are contrary to what the site administrators / moderators want posted to these forums? This is the first time that I have ever heard this type of accusations!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Examples?

Status
Not open for further replies.