Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It just helps make one of the points that a few say. Nobody the long term impacts since it’s relatively new. Are the impacts going to be long term … who knows?
Agree totally. For me and the family it was a pay me now or pay me later decision.

Bottom line was take the vaccination and likely be protected from immediate serious illness, or death - especially when part of the elderly population. The pay me later part was not knowing if there might be negative future affects.

When older, the immediate benefit carries a lot more weight. For the grandkids 12 and older, hope it was the right choice. Probably was, but anyone who believes they always make the right choices in life is a rare bird if they really do..

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I don’t think how the vaccines work is a secret, but I’m just a simply guy and can only go by what I read.

However, I would think if many verified reports were made showing the exact same reaction, it would catch the attention of someone who matters.

There is now about a year of history, and many millions of doses of vaccines administered. So saying there is no history is incorrect.
So now you are doubling back. You say here there is about a year of history, in post #766 you said, " Also, VAERS "data" is not really data, it is unverified reports. Could and probably does include things like a sore arm similar to what one may experience after a flu shot."

So what history is there if it's not folks who received the vacc and reported anything they thought was a problem? There is nothing else!

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
So now you are doubling back. You say here there is about a year of history, in post #766 you said, " Also, VAERS "data" is not really data, it is unverified reports. Could and probably does include things like a sore arm similar to what one may experience after a flu shot."

So what history is there if it's not folks who received the vacc and reported anything they thought was a problem? There is nothing else!
The history of the last year of vaccine use has nothing to do with VAERS reports...which in a court of law would likely be deemed hearsay, and nothing more.

edit: VAERS dose have some use as a pointer, so saying VAERS has nothing to do with history was not the best. I should have said not directly related to verified history, or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Henro, watch the video posted in post #763, I think it will broaden your horizons!
How about you simply sum it up for the rest of us. If the points made are reasonable I will watch it. But since the credentials of the presenter was questioned previously by someone else, and there was no response, I can only imagine.

Much better to to explain WHY you are posting a link. You can encourage more to actually view it that way.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
How about you simply sum it up for the rest of us. If the points made are reasonable I will watch it. But since the credentials of the presenter was questioned previously by someone else, and there was no response, I can only imagine.

Much better to to explain WHY you are posting a link. You can encourage more to actually view it that way.

I did not post the link. I have watched the video and the two doctors make some informative comments and both of them have had the virus and both practicing medicine. If someone on this forum questioned the presenter I didn't see it so I'm not aware of what you are commenting on.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
vaccinated.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know, my take on things is, if I see one source saying one thing, and a hundred different sources saying the opposite, I tend to go with the overwhelming majority.

AND I give so called reputable sources more weight than unknown sources.

Just a lesson on I learned over the years I guess.

Regardless of whatever any any of us may decide on what is best for us personally, at any point in time, I do hope we made the right decision for our personal needs.

If in this thread I came across differently, I regret that. Hope not but communication with the written word sometimes leaves things to the imagination.

edit: Not that anyone cares what any of us feels anyway! LOL

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
You know, my take on things is, if I see one source saying one thing, and a hundred different sources saying the opposite, I tend to go with the overwhelming majority.

Just a lesson on I learned over the years I guess.

Regardless of whatever any any of us may decide on what is best for us personally, at any point in time, I do hope we made the right decision for our personal needs.

If in this thread I came across differently, I regret that. Hope not but communication with the written word sometimes leaves things to the imagination.

edit: Not that anyone cares what any of us feels anyway! LOL
<Henro> Finger in ears </>

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Hopefully birthrates are not effected going forward. Hard to imagine them not being effected if a woman wanted to get pregnant now while dealing with the vaccine side effects to her menstrual cycle. Just babies, no big deal right? And how about years from now?

You guys probably have all the grand kids you need. I'm just heading into that range now and I would like grand kids.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT

That’s still the issue. You hear a hundred people say exactly the same thing and call it a hundred. It’s really one voice with the exact same wording said one hundred times.

I’m sure you are using the hundred saying exactly the same thing even with the same words as reputable, too. It kind of goes hand in hand.

Many people on this thread aren’t that easy to fool, and healthy skepticism is at it’s heart. You don’t have it, many of us do. That’s ok. You are probably thinking everything is ok in the world right now, too. Probably makes you sleep better. :D

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
That’s still the issue. You hear a hundred people say exactly the same thing and call it a hundred. It’s really one voice with the exact same wording said one hundred times.

I’m sure you are using the hundred saying exactly the same thing even with the same words as reputable, too. It kind of goes hand in hand.

Many people on this thread aren’t that easy to fool, and healthy skepticism is at it’s heart. You don’t have it, many of us do. That’s ok. You are probably thinking everything is ok in the world right now, too. Probably makes you sleep better. :D
First off, I referred to sources, not individuals. There often is a difference.

But many times sources are individuals, and articles published by various news sources are frequently the same article, and the initial source may or may not be credited. So one does have to sort these things out for himself. Common sense does dictate, however, that a hundred very similar or identical reports of anything, especially if not backed up by facts or data, should not be given much weight when one is deciding anything.

Discussions hopefully are not for the purpose of fooling anyone, but rather to help one to either learn what he may be missing in his own analysis of something, or help others to see what they may have not considered in their own analyses. If one believes those who sees things differently than he/she does must be trying to pull the wool over their eyes, then disagreement, rather than discussion, often results.

Skepticism IS healthy. But when skepticism transforms into denial, the open mind begins to close. At that point some may start to feel people who think differently are trying to fool them.

I find it interesting that you know so clearly that skepticism is not part of my make up. Plus that I am totally satisfied with the way the world is, and it is equally impressive that you even are able to estimate that I sleep well at night! Actually I do sleep pretty well, but do wake up once or twice nightly...LOL

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I find it interesting that you know so clearly that skepticism is not part of my make up. Plus that I am totally satisfied with the way the world is, and it is equally impressive that you even are able to estimate that I sleep well at night!
I impress myself, too, but it didn't take very many messages to figure you out. That was done in only a couple by you on this thread. 😀

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
There is great interest, and there are some early reports on the mechanisms underlying the various adverse events such as the mystery clotting, myocarditis and so forth. To find these studies you have to look in the research journals.

As far as dismissal is concerned, the results are evaluated weekly and the risks compared to those associated with a serious case of Covid. I wouldn’t want their job, and I don’t imagine they take the responsibility lightly.
I'm talking about the VAERS numbers and the sudden spike. Not about specific cases. What sort of investigation is being done into why the numbers are suddenly so different?

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Of course, that isn't always the case. Continental Drift and Ulcers come to mind.

What I find troublesome is when people are actively trying to silence that "one source".

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I'm not so sure why some folks are so bent out of shape about this vaccine--on both sides. I got it for ME not anyone else--well, my family. If you don't want it I'm fine with that AND I get it as it is frankly untested. I usually get the flu shot every year also for ME, not others. I get it because if I'm spending a lot of money on hunting trips I don't want to lay in a bed the whole time.

My question has always been (admittedly I'm not too bright and maybe @Henro can explain it) isn't the vaccine meant to protect the person that GETS it. Why do I care if someone else doesn't want it--for whatever reason. Me wearing MY seatbelt will not help YOU in an accident--or maybe I am wrong and it will.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What I find troublesome is when people are actively trying to silence that "one source".
Does this actually happen? I ask because I honestly don’t know.

The only thing I’ve seen is people (or others) responding, to what they think are invalid claims about something, with what they believe is factual information, that is counter to whatever the claim was.

I never viewed this as trying to silence a source. More like trying to show that a certain claim may not be based in fact. Just my impression…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'm not so sure why some folks are so bent out of shape about this vaccine--on both sides. I got it for ME not anyone else--well, my family. If you don't want it I'm fine with that AND I get it as it is frankly untested. I usually get the flu shot every year also for ME, not others. I get it because if I'm spending a lot of money on hunting trips I don't want to lay in a bed the whole time.

My question has always been (admittedly I'm not too bright and maybe @Henro can explain it) isn't the vaccine meant to protect the person that GETS it. Why do I care if someone else doesn't want it--for whatever reason. Me wearing MY seatbelt will not help YOU in an accident--or maybe I am wrong and it will.
My take on the vaccination versus no-vaccination debate it’s pretty much like this:

If one gets vaccinated, what threat does he offer to those vaccinated, or those who choose not to get vaccinated?

If one chooses not to get vaccinated, what threat does he offer to others, vaccinated or not?

I don’t see a threat to others if one gets vaccinated. Perhaps there is a threat to himself since it can be argued there is always a possibility of a negative affect of a new vaccine appearing at some point in the future.

With the Delta variant, apparently even though only a small percentage of the vaccinated get a breakthrough infection, it is now possible for this reportedly small percentage to pass the virus on to others. This is apparently a change that appeared with the Delta variant.

The unvaccinated, if they become infected with the virus, apparently are 100% able to pass it on to others.

It is reported that as far as hospitalizations and intensive care bed occupation, that the unvaccinated occupy well over 90% of the beds in both cases, compared to the vaccinated. Chances are if the unvaccinated had been vaccinated there would be many less of these individuals in the hospital.

The issue with filling nearly all the beds in the hospital really affects both healthy unvaccinated and vaccinated people, in the event they have some unrelated health emergency. Worst case there will be no bed or treatment available at the hospital when they arrive. And even if they are admitted, the hospital staff is likely stretched thin and they may not get the level of care they would have gotten if the hospital was less busy.

So my conclusion at this point in time is that getting vaccinated offers almost no immediate threat to anybody, but avoiding the vaccination and ending up in the hospital offers a threat to almost everybody.

If the level of COVID hospitalizations was at the level of annual flu hospitalizations, this would not be an issue. But that is not the case, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.