Jobs everywhere, no workers.....

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well if I got paid a nickle for every help wanted sign I see I could retire and buy just about any business but nobody would help by filling my worker slots... lmao

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Heck I keep thinking I should come out of retirement....

seems like the unemployment gravy train should run out in a couple of months? As liberal as I might be on some issues, I still think if you don’t want to work you shouldn’t get paid. I get it that mothers who couldn’t go to work and couldn’t get childcare if they could find a new job could use some temporary help, but I got no use for those that turn down work.

here’s a thought. You know those Guatemalans that walked all the way to the US border? I bet those guys would take a job if it was offered. Right now there is a shortage of seasonal work visas and employees available.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
here’s a thought. You know those Guatemalans that walked all the way to the US border? I bet those guys would take a job if it was offered. Right now there is a shortage of seasonal work visas and employees available.
I could swear that I had heard that they too would be eligible for C-19 relief payments. If that statement were to be true, I seriously doubt that they would be voluntarily joining the workforce before their "benefits" run out.

I think "UBI" is just around the corner. Maybe I'll be "entitled" to it as well, when I quit/retire from my current occupations (yes, plural). If this crap continues, the decision to retire early will be an easy one for me.

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
I think he is referring to "universal basic income" and if that gets kicked off we will fast track ourselves to Venezuela status.

Reactions: 4 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Little brother was a rep for the boilermakers , the companies are always looking for welders,, and what they got was the ones that passed the drug test couldnt weld and the ones that could weld couldnt pass the drug test,,, go figure

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Lazy liberals are killing the country.

Strangely enough, the really energetic liberals are actually killing the country quicker.
Jeez... I thought it was old, crazy, creepy asss tighty righties killing the country...

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Heck I keep thinking I should come out of retirement....

seems like the unemployment gravy train should run out in a couple of months? As liberal as I might be on some issues, I still think if you don’t want to work you shouldn’t get paid. I get it that mothers who couldn’t go to work and couldn’t get childcare if they could find a new job could use some temporary help, but I got no use for those that turn down work.

Unmarried, young, fit, able to work males with no children and dont have to pass a drug test of any sort qualify for foodstamps (ebt) in my state. And Ebt allows a certain amount to be taken out as cash.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I just read that the state of SC will be discontinuing the expanded $300/wk benefit come June. Evidently, they can't find workers either. Good for them. I wish more states would follow their lead.

Reactions: 4 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
You know, it's weird:

I hear a lot about employers not being able to find anyone to work. And I see it. Both my kids' employers can't get anyone to come in, half the time not even those already on the payroll.

But at the same time, a lot of those employers aren't even trying to find anyone.

My son was looking for work a couple months ago. He submitted dozens of applications, many to places with signs up saying "NOW HIRING ALL POSITIONS" and the like.

HE ONLY GOT ONE CALL! And that was from a personal reference where he was introduced to the manager.

So if they're having such a hard time finding employees, WHY AREN'T THEY CALLING THE PEOPLE WHO APPLY?

I find it all very confusing.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
So if they're having such a hard time finding employees, WHY AREN'T THEY CALLING THE PEOPLE WHO APPLY?
Possibly due to the quality/qualifications of those that do apply (in order to fulfill unemployment requirements)? My wife is the GM of a fairly large plumbing services company, so, she is the first to "screen" potential candidates that she posts ads for. You'd be amazed at what some of these "candidates" say and do on their applications...not to mention their social media footprint. They leave it all out there for anyone to see. It's quite astounding. :eek:

Perhaps, they should be teaching THAT in school...at a very early age...what you post on social media, can, and will be used against you...perhaps, forever. :oops:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I just read that the state of SC will be discontinuing the expanded $300/wk benefit come June. Evidently, they can't find workers either. Good for them. I wish more states would follow their lead.

Arkansas announced the same today.

Here is something to ponder on. Think back to WWII.. When hundreds of thousands of able-bodied American men over 18 years old were drafted and sent to war, there were fewer left in the states to take care of things. So, I'll ask this. If WWIII broke out and the draft were reinstated, what kind of trouble would the USA be in? We have workers that don't know their backside from a hole in the ground, and some of them are in the military already (I know a few). Some will be kept stateside, and if they have no skills to survive or to be productive what happens to them? We're paying people to sit at the house. Sitting at home doing nothing doesn't teach anyone a thing. People need to get off their lazy backsides and go to work, force yourself to learn a skill, do something. Make yourself into something other than a freeloader. Unfortunately, the democrats tend to favor those types so I don't see any change at least in the near future.

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I don't think the we have anything to worry about Lugbolt. Did you not see what an excellent job Antifa did in "CHAZ" this past summer? Be sure to look for some youtube videos of the garden crops that they planted in the park, their medical facilities, restaurant's and they even had their own version of law enforcement. I'm sure that they could hold their own against any other country's military with their backpacks and skateboards. ;)

Their parents must be so proud.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Arkansas announced the same today.

Here is something to ponder on. Think back to WWII.. When hundreds of thousands of able-bodied American men over 18 years old were drafted and sent to war, there were fewer left in the states to take care of things. So, I'll ask this. If WWIII broke out and the draft were reinstated, what kind of trouble would the USA be in? We have workers that don't know their backside from a hole in the ground, and some of them are in the military already (I know a few). Some will be kept stateside, and if they have no skills to survive or to be productive what happens to them? We're paying people to sit at the house. Sitting at home doing nothing doesn't teach anyone a thing. People need to get off their lazy backsides and go to work, force yourself to learn a skill, do something. Make yourself into something other than a freeloader. Unfortunately, the democrats tend to favor those types so I don't see any change at least in the near future.
What we did during WWII is hired women to do those jobs. Remember Rosie the Riveter? Of course some of those fit women will be drafted too.

Don’t assume democrats favor the lazy. Not generally true. Problem is how to get them educated after generations of poverty and ignorance. I think just not hungry enough.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What we did during WWII is hired women to do those jobs. Remember Rosie the Riveter? Of course some of those fit women will be drafted too.

Don’t assume democrats favor the lazy. Not generally true. Problem is how to get them educated after generations of poverty and ignorance. I think just not hungry enough.
I got the tail end of the news. The marines are actually fixing to go to mix gender platoons during basic like the other divisions. With male and female recruits being expected to meet the same exact requirements.

I dont know how hungry someone has to be, before they get to work. I personally know a couple people that go out of their way, and work harder trying to get out of work or scam someone to make a fast buck. They then get mad when you call them out on their BS. They lack the drive and motivation to better themselves.

I had a psychologist/ therapist mention to me that you would be surprised at what someone can get used to. We were having a discussion at the time using the example above about working harder trying to get out of work. living in deplorable conditions, that "poor me" attitude. And when offered an opportunity to improve their condition, they absolutely refuse.

I think part of it is the lack of pride in one's self and one's accomplishments.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I got the tail end of the news. The marines are actually fixing to go to mix gender platoons during basic like the other divisions. With male and female recruits being expected to meet the same exact requirements.

I dont know how hungry someone has to be, before they get to work. I personally know a couple people that go out of their way, and work harder trying to get out of work or scam someone to make a fast buck. They then get mad when you call them out on their BS. They lack the drive and motivation to better themselves.

I had a psychologist/ therapist mention to me that you would be surprised at what someone can get used to. We were having a discussion at the time using the example above about working harder trying to get out of work. living in deplorable conditions, that "poor me" attitude. And when offered an opportunity to improve their condition, they absolutely refuse.

I think part of it is the lack of pride in one's self and one's accomplishments.
It is an extraordinarily difficult problem to solve from the perspective of someone who has spent a lot of time teaching and or training other people's children, and not even disadvantaged children. I don't know how you teach "stick to it iveness" when kids have been surrounded by the opposite.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Possibly due to the quality/qualifications of those that do apply (in order to fulfill unemployment requirements)? My wife is the GM of a fairly large plumbing services company, so, she is the first to "screen" potential candidates that she posts ads for. You'd be amazed at what some of these "candidates" say and do on their applications...not to mention their social media footprint. They leave it all out there for anyone to see. It's quite astounding. :eek:

Perhaps, they should be teaching THAT in school...at a very early age...what you post on social media, can, and will be used against you...perhaps, forever. :oops:
I'm quite aware of what many of these applicants are like, which makes it all the more perplexing that when presented with a Dean's List 4.0 college student who is a volunteer firefighter, whose professional references include the local fire chief and assistant chief, they don't even call him back for an interview.

My son was looking for work a couple months ago. He submitted dozens of applications, many to places with signs up saying "NOW HIRING ALL POSITIONS" and the like.
And he doesn't do social media at all. Only reason he has facebook is for messenger.