Jobs everywhere, no workers.....

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Wonder why there's help wanted signs at most all businesses? Florida Mc Dons is offering $50 to come in TO FILL OUT AN APPLICATION!

Here's an overview of the problem.

Current unemployment pays about $17 per hour.

If you can’t find a calculator for your state, you might be able to estimate how much unemployment pays by figuring out what percentage of your base pay your state will match. Depending on how much money you earned before you lost your job, the weekly benefit amount you receive might be capped at the state’s maximum weekly benefit. Maximum benefit amounts vary by state, but as of January 2020, Massachusetts had the highest maximum ($1,234) and Mississippi the lowest ($235). How Much Does Unemployment Pay? | Credit Karma

PANDEMIC EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION (PEUC):

• Extended unemployment benefits for a claimant who has previously exhausted their benefits.
  • Payments through September 4, 2021
  • Individuals are eligible for the same amount of unemployment insurance benefit payment from the previous weeks they received.
  • The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program also provides an additional $300 per week for unemployment beginning after Dec. 26, 2020, and ending on or before Sept. 6, 2021.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Our local MCDonalds had to close the inside dining, lack of workers.

As you have pointed out, every business around here is advertising for help. IF you want a job, they are available, but seems like most don't want to work with all that 'free money' coming from the government.

Reactions: 2 users

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
I work for a very large corporation with good benefits, solid pay and a safe environment. We can't get people to come in for scheduled interviews. Then once a person is hired they often don't show up for their first shift. It has also become very common for people to just walk out and not come back.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Im in construction industry and its near impossible to find help. I offered $400 sign on bonus and start at $20 and only got dirtbags with no license, no car and smelling like weed applying.

• Sad

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Where do those of us who worked through this whole thing sign up for a bonus?
im sorry sir but we're going to have to raise your taxes to pay for this stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
I was in a quarterly meeting for the company I work for on Monday. They were talking about our hiring goals having a target of 1,100 new employees this year and that we are far, far behind reaching that goal so far for the year. I know part of it for us is we have very specific requirements for hiring but we also see that its hard just to get people to apply or attend hiring events (particularly due to impacts of COVID over the last year).

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I've been trying to find help for 2 years. Went to the local tech school, talked to the instructor, no one showed up. Called back, talked to the office that tries to get there graduates jobs. No one called , not even for an interview. I gave up, went up on my prices and started working 12 hours a day, keep the money for myself. My dad is 86 years old, works at Ingles 4 days a week. Management does NOT want him to quit.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
A segment of our government does not want people to work because people who work and earn money become independent of government.

One party keeps claiming they want the top earners to pay their fair share but they will never admit that those people are already paying their fair share and the share of the bottom 50% of the population who pay nothing.

"

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released data on individual income taxes for tax year 2017, showing the number of taxpayers, adjusted gross income, and income tax shares by income percentiles.[1]

The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne primarily by the highest income earners.[2]

• In 2017, 143.3 million taxpayers reported earning $10.9 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.6 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers rose to 21 percent, from 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes rose to 38.5 percent, from to 37.3 percent in 2016.
  • In 2017, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.9 percent).
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.8 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than six times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (4.0 percent).
We have been paying our fair share for decades and they keep expecting us to pay more!

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Lazy liberals are killing the country.

Strangely enough, the really energetic liberals are actually killing the country quicker.

Reactions: 6 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
A segment of our government does not want people to work because people who work and earn money become independent of government.

One party keeps claiming they want the top earners to pay their fair share but they will never admit that those people are already paying their fair share and the share of the bottom 50% of the population who pay nothing.

"

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has released data on individual income taxes for tax year 2017, showing the number of taxpayers, adjusted gross income, and income tax shares by income percentiles.[1]

The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne primarily by the highest income earners.[2]

• In 2017, 143.3 million taxpayers reported earning $10.9 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.6 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The share of reported income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers rose to 21 percent, from 19.7 percent in 2016. Their share of federal individual income taxes rose to 38.5 percent, from to 37.3 percent in 2016.
  • In 2017, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of all individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 3 percent.
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (38.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.9 percent).
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.8 percent average individual income tax rate, which is more than six times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (4.0 percent).
We have been paying our fair share for decades and they keep expecting us to pay more!
I had to give you a thumbs down (n).

Not for the excellent data, but because I am above the line :cry:.

• Wow

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Above what line?...those that pay taxes?
I on the other hand did not give you a thumbs down!
Yes.

It is hard to get excited knowing I am covering my SIL's rent (she has never worked a day in her life) while she sits at home and laughs at me for making it, instead of taking it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If your bringing in almost $50k a year in unemployment, almost $100k for a couple ........ well it would be hard to be motivated to go to work.

I know several places at the moment screaming for help and can't find it. One company starts employees off at $16.50 per hour for someone with out experience. Very easy work, mainly just driving around in a vehicle and doing minor labor.

Equipment operators start out considerably higher. In late model, well maintained equipment. Equipment is taken out of service if the heat and AC have issues, till fixed.

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It is the same around here. Signs offering jobs, job fairs,& payment for interviews everywhere, no takers.
Local news interviewed people on the street, in malls, laying around parks and the response was almost universal- "Why should I work? I get more money than I could make working, I get free food, free healthcare, free phone, free childcare, free transportation. I'd be stupid to work when the suckers pay for everything for me"
Pretty soon it will be free pot. Make them more dependent on the government for more control.

Another left wing idea that is working out just great.

Reactions: 3 users

spittinfire

May 4, 2021
NC
Saddle up guys, I think we're in for a ride.

Production is way down, supply chain issues are killing everyone I talk to, people do not want to work because they get "free" money, and then add in the enormous spending done by our government with these insane stimulus packages....it can only lead to massive inflation.
We are basically flush with paper money but have no products to speak of so the few products available will command a huge price.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I feel sorry for folks who live in climates with hot weather and they need a new AC this summer. We've been getting quotes for a new AC/furnace for a month. The components are not available at the suppliers. Offers to change brands, but they also don't have a complete system.

If that's the norm now what will it be when the weather breaks?