Hanix Mini Giant excavator?

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
oh, and the tank bottom looked like this.. 🙈
tank.jpg

that black stuff is iron, so thats my thinking that maybe pumps are gone....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
A good hydraulic repair shop may be able to rebuild your pumps or put together a new one for you if you can’t find a replacement elsewhere

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I would be tempted to cut open the return line spin-on oil filter and see what that looks like.

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
I would be tempted to cut open the return line spin-on oil filter and see what that looks like.
probably not much, all this stuff was at the bottom of the tank and oil was clear as water.. only indication was that when i opened the plug there was some schmoo coming out at first...

i did a small preparing examination of the machine, opened the hatch behind the seat, and i found the third pump but no way i could see it properly or access it without moving the valve block... or even have some sensible photo of it.. looks similar design as the dual unit, just smaller.

but looking at the manual, it seems that the whole control/valve assembly is held on the machine with couple of bolts....

btw. hydr-repair-guy told me that aluminium pumps are foobar when they go, cannot be repaired 🤷‍♂️

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You got me worried about the condition of the bottom of my hydraulic tank, and although I could not get a pic, I can see shiny metal everywhere the flashlight would reach. :)

After some (a lot) of cleaning I was able to read the label on the main pump. It is the exact same one yours has.
I also was not going to take enough parts off to see any details on the smaller pump, at least until
it gives me trouble.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
that black stuff is iron, so thats my thinking that maybe pumps are gone....
I hate to suggest this possibility, but maybe it is from the track drive motors, or the "house" swing motor.
Pumps would certainly be easier & cheaper than motors....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nomenclature plate, with important numbers blocked.
Not sure where it was mounted, it came loose in a box of parts.
IMG_0003 4.JPG

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
groundpig mentioned he had seen this excavator branded as a Mitsubishi ME15, so I did a search and found these, each in a different livery:

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
I hate to suggest this possibility, but maybe it is from the track drive motors, or the "house" swing motor.
Pumps would certainly be easier & cheaper than motors....
yep, or all of them :D i might suspect swing motor also as it seems to be lacking power, i think.. but how to be sure 🤷‍♂️

swing motor at least has a return straight to the tank without filter, quess there is bleed / return hose also from the tracks..

theres something wrong with the pumps or split valve, as the machine behaves somewhat strangely, it has digging power but some movements are faster than others (like if i pull one movement, its slow, but if i pull movement from another lever, its seems to get lot faster...) and driving with "overdrive" off is funky. well, at least this is getting its long overdue cleaning done... changing the dust inside hydraulics.

plus my return filter is too small, some hacksmith has put there a 60l/h (15gpm) but the machine can return somewhere around 80l/min (20+gpm) if i have understood correctly....

Last edited:

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
You got me worried about the condition of the bottom of my hydraulic tank, and although I could not get a pic, I can see shiny metal everywhere the flashlight would reach. :)
theres middle plate so you cannot se the bottom from the fill hole, need to open the bottom to see :( or just pull a plug and see what comes out first... 🤔

After some (a lot) of cleaning I was able to read the label on the main pump. It is the exact same one yours has.
I also was not going to take enough parts off to see any details on the smaller pump, at least until
it gives me trouble.
nice, quess the different number ebay-pump matches these, dont know whats the difference... at least its somewhat interchangeable.. (the ebay one says its for 150-2, i have h-15)

i figured out how to get to the smaller unit, just need to take the roof and the thing between engine and seat off... all are bolted on with couple of bolts. ill provide some pictures when i get there :D

Last edited:

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
did some digging...

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 9.35.35.jpg

there it is, under the alternator, guess this is the place where they put hydraulic pumps on tractors with this engine, might be even the exact same thing as in those 🤔

this pressure line goes to the right side of the valve block, other two outputs to "splitter" valve in the left side.. i have absolutely no idea how this works, is all connected as one or does it run different functions with different pumps, at least it seems that tracks are powered either combined or separate pumps, depending on the drive-speed-lever position..

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 9.34.27.jpg

its same fitting as the dual unit, same shaft, same bolt pattern... only just shorter, these could fit in both places. this axle seems to be in some contact with motor oil, the other one is dry. this feels much less clonky as the bigger pump, much stiffer and snappier 🤔

well.. at least now everyone knows what kind of pumps this thing has and where :D

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Looks like it's driven off the camshaft.
hydpucamdr.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Oh no you don`t!. You can`t leave us hanging like that. Did you order the 230x48x66, the 230x96x33 or the Amazon tracks?

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
230x96x33, from Blackdog Tracks.
Best price,& fastest delivery, should have them next Tuesday or Wednesday.😁