Did you ever have?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Did you ever have a purchase go wrong? I mean very wrong? No terribly wrong? Ok %$**^^ wrong? :( :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'll have to send you over to another site to show you. It's just a little to complicated to post it all over here again. The up side to it I might pry the boys away from the tractor work or play thread :D;)

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?p=387364&posted=1#post387364

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Good Lord Paul, what a heck of a story and tragedy :(

As I started reading I kept thinking "I sure hope he didn't allow that trash off the truck"...and thankfully you didn't :D

At the very LEAST, the company is making attempts to correct the situation but only after they knew the bad deal was going public. Now that is a downfall that they stepped up with such a compromise only after finding out they could get such negative publicity....shame on them :mad:

I am such a small cog in the wheel that I have never felt a burn like that. Maybe a few happy meals from McDonalds didn't have cheese and I was pissed. Damn that sucked ass :rolleyes:

Sorry but I have to go and check the Work or Play thread, I have a feeling something's going on over there :p

Wildfire

Equipment
Good Lord Paul, what a heck of a story and tragedy :(

I have never felt a burn like that. Maybe a few happy meals from McDonalds didn't have cheese and I was pissed. :rolleyes:
Gees after hearing what happened to you at McDonald's I feel much better :D

Leaving out the cheese. Someone would have to die :D:eek:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I don't think 50 years is a dent in the amount of time some long standing machine companies have been in business. It is not bad in terms of long standing but it is not halmark or century yet for sure.

This could be a dump job that hinged on the salesperson. Of course he would say anything but if the company makes it good that is a good thing.
Personall I would ge pretty hot if something like that was sent to me. I would ask them if this is all they thought of a paying customer because I was not in the scrap metal business and from there proceed to interogate their presumptuous methods of allowing something like that to get sent to me. Furthermore I would want to know if they don't understand me or if I don't understand them because this looks like a LOT more than a missunderstanding to me. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway it is a good thing that you have your money still so you are empowered to buy.
Close call.

I had a fool send some junk to me from Truth or Consequences ,New Mexico and then dare to demand payment and forcibly attempt to take my money. My credit card company took the money away from him and I told him he was a CROOK, CHEAT and a CON that didn't belong in business. If I ever see this idiot I will be so tempted to kick him in the balls. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good luck

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Gees after hearing what happened to you at McDonald's I feel much better :D

Leaving out the cheese. Someone would have to die :D:eek:

Paul, I figured I could help by sharing my grief. Sometimes when you hear somebodie else's situation than yours isn't so bad after all :p

I'm also gald to hear you share my sentiments with the cheese. I was very distraught :(

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well my thing is people are human and make mistakes all the time. It seems like it all worked itself out in the end and they company is working to correct the problem. I'd be a little more then pissed off if XYZ company did nothing and swept it under the rug. And I agree with the fellow in post #12. Alot of those chips and cracks are from the truck driver not doing his job to really secure the load.

I can tell you from being a truck driver for 9 years that ONE strap on that big ass machine is not enough. If I had been hauling that freight I would have had 3 to maybe 4 straps across it. And the fact it was not in a wood crate did not help matters either.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:mad:Paul you see me write a lot cant it be welded. BUT THAT DA__ THING AINT SUPPOSE TO HAVE TO BE WELDED. No way I would accept that. I know what welding and fabricating is I do it. Its like everyone else you should not spend your hard earned money in this manner. No indivigual should be expected to accept anything in that condition. Dont care what anybodys job is they work hard for their money and shouldnt spend it on anything in that condition. Sorry for long comment please let us know what happens and the company. I have been looking at those machines in the past. :mad::mad:Its not like you walked into the place and said I want that piece of shi- .handy

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thats a pretty raw deal Paul. We are really lucky here in Ontario there are literally dozens of places I can go within a hundred miles for equipment like that. Not to mention the auctions. I agree with you that everyone makes mistakes and misunderstandings occur. I guess I would have given them the second chance too. But standing off to the side like this something sounds real bogus. I have never owned much equipment like this, but I have hauled a bit of it. The people that I have dealt with ( mostly in Toronto area ) are very fussy about how the equipment is loaded, how it is strapped down. And this is after they have been paid. Maybe I have just been very lucky but just the way it came to you seems real bogus. Tread carefully. Good luck and Please keep us posted.:D Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks guys for all your comments. Although the dealer who sold this to me said even with a few cuttings on it, it is still new they are going to send me another Unused "NEW" one with all the options I asked for installed complete. It will be on a pallet as well.

I wasn't going to give them another chance but I'm trying to help them make it right and if it turns up again at my door and it's not what I asked for It's going back on the same truck. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Paul, I figured I could help by sharing my grief. Sometimes when you hear somebodie else's situation than yours isn't so bad after all :p

I'm also gald to hear you share my sentiments with the cheese. I was very distraught :(
NOBODY messes with my cheese :mad:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Thanks guys for all your comments. Although the dealer who sold this to me said even with a few cuttings on it, it is still new they are going to send me another Unused "NEW" one with all the options I asked for installed complete. It will be on a pallet as well.

I wasn't going to give them another chance but I'm trying to help them make it right and if it turns up again at my door and it's not what I asked for It's going back on the same truck. I will keep you posted. Thanks!
Good luck Wildfire :eek:

Wildfire

Equipment
Hi everyone. Well I have an update and a happy ending to my milling machine purchase. I have a new milling machine now that landed here last week. It has all the goodies that can go on it along with a 3-d DRO and it's a 3 axis system.

This one arrived without a scratch. Packaged properly and everything complete. I just need to level it and do the "Tram" thingy on it and It's good to use. I did add an extra work light and a few other inessentials. Anyway hope everyone is doing well. This is our busy time of the year and most of the time I even forget I own a tractor this time of the year :eek:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:)Wildfire that is a nice one and thanks for the update. Your forklift really looks nice unloading it also. handy