Covid Stuff - Unrelated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
In paragraph 20 it reads, "NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden warned that the corona crisis is used for the massive and permanent expansion of global surveillance. The renowned virologist Pablo Goldschmidt spoke of a “global media terror” and “totalitarian measures”. Leading British virologist Professor John Oxford spoke of a “media epidemic”.

At first it seems so far out, but I just recently saw some cities using drones to fly over areas and determine how close the individuals were. They could apparently made a verbal demand for them to spread out if necessary. The drones could also detect each individuals core body temperature.

Big brother IS watching! Just google "pandemic drones".

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...drone-that-can-sense-fevers-coughing/2258746/

There are so many contradictions in the police chiefs comments that it’s amazing. This is a good example of a program that gets started with good intentions and then we find out what its really being used for at a later time.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Sooo we have something else in common eh? Southern Bell (1962) until the split (1983), then BellSouth until I was "downsized" in 1994.
Just call us the Three Musketeers :D
Southwestern Bell cablesplicer for 16 years then got a chance for early retirement package which I took .

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Oh wow; Frameman 1 year, Cable Splicer 6 years, IR 2 years, PBX IR 3 years, then management for 20 years. After (forced) retirement; Carpenter/cabinet shop 8 years, & now sawmilling 18 years.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I worked for Western, installer and did a bunch of micro wave stuff too. I did that until the 10 year lay off. I was shop steward and orbit steward, and that meant nothing come lay offs. Bell and AT&T didn't fair as bad as we did as far a permanent lay offs. Jobs were hard to find, and I did a ton of things after that untill I went to work for ,,well the govt
I really missed the operators they were some of the sweetest gals you ever wanted to meet, most were single, hell all of us were and they loved to party too. Fun days

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have friends and a cousin that was affected by that Western Electric layoff. There was a lot to be said about the way it was back then. ;) There is no smile in the telephone industry now. :confused: I have a Son that is now facing this latest AT&T layoff, and by the way, today's AT&T has absolutely nothing to do with the old AT&T. They bought the name and it is for name recognition only.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
This is it. The day your dogs have been waiting for. The day they realize their owners can’t leave the house and they get you 24/7. Dogs are rejoicing everywhere. Cats are contemplating suicide.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This is it. The day your dogs have been waiting for. The day they realize their owners can’t leave the house and they get you 24/7. Dogs are rejoicing everywhere. Cats are contemplating suicide.
You crack me up you crazy bugger. Since we lost our oldest beagle Moe the toe goes everywhere with us now.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Our large black chow - Shepperd mix, Quincy parks his butt at the door every morning for his morning walk and gets vocal if I dally around too long. Same in the evening. Cats, lots of them. Life is unchanged with them... Did I say I don't care for cats? The cats came with the wife, sort of excess baggage.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I met a surgeon yesterday to look at cleaning up his property after a bunch of trees were removed.

I rang the bell, he stepped out on the porch of this beautiful home and promptly shakes my hand and thanks me for coming.

I looked at my hand and then at him with a wth? look.

He went on to explain that losing the handshake and more importantly what it means will be far worse for America than dealing with this flu. Then he flippantly threw in, you don't have to worry about me, I wash my hands all the time.

I have to tell you, sit back and think about it. He is right. Ride this wave any way you feel ok with, but don't start looking at everyone around you as a disease carrier forever. It will have many bad effects on us all.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
We see on the news about how they say the President said injecting bleach into the blood stream... and congress making their version, and present it as the truth.

Here is a verbatim report of what was said that day. Scroll down to here, and read on.

This is the link I failed to post.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...ers-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/

It pretty clear where the term "fake news" comes from. Anyone can take something said, leave a few words out, or restate it in their words, and change the meaning of the statement.

(Kind of what happen on this forum when a poster makes a crude or degrading comment. Then the moderator deletes that part, and the poster looks like a fine courteous person.)

Just the reverse happening here.

"ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: ***8212; for this opportunity to do this today.

Good afternoon everybody. My name is Bill Bryan and I lead the Science and Technology Directorate at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Over the last several months, we***8217;ve intensified the Department***8217;s R&D efforts to identify and deliver information that informs our response to COVID-19. S&T is working to identify, develop, deploy, and deploy the tools and information to support our response to this crisis.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I actually think the actual "News" industry has an obligation to get it right. This has nothing to do with free speech, I am talking about deliberately faking the news, or editing out the truth, or omitting the truth etc.

Fake news is the enemy of a free society.

I have no issues with tabloids, it is what they do. If you are a pass carrying "News" organization you should be held to a higher standard.

You don't have to shut them down. After so many complaints, they just have to change their label from news to tabloid.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Either my wife or I have watched every presser that Trump, Pence, Fauci, Brix and all the others have put on for the public and at no time did Trump or anyone allude to injecting bleach or consuming it to cure or alleviate the Covid. Likewise, I watched the presser where Trump talked about the Malaria drug and again at no time did he endorse taking it, in fact he said try it if you want to, you have nothing to loose and we (government) have thousands of doses available.

Never said take it directly.

The media love to twist and spin simple things from a molehill into a mountain. I'm to the point where I don't pay them any attention.

Professional Journalism has degraded to the point where most reporters are nothing more than overpaid vacuum cleaner salesmen (and women).

I watch the Trump Covid pressers always on C-Span. Never any spin, just the facts. How I like it. I don't need any brain dead biased BS reporter to put the spin on anything. Far as I'm concerned they are almost all worthless anyway.

Where I stand on the subject.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I listened to the same press conference, and you're right he did not directly tell anyone to inject bleach. He did however suggest that some one try out the idea of taking "disinfectant" internally, and to figure out how to illuminate the the inside of the body to kill the virus. "Like a cleaning". It followed a discussion with someone else regarding disinfecting surfaces, which might involve bleach and Lysol. He seemed to be extrapolating from one thing to another. What he said was foolish and naive, and the press has had a field day with it. What he says is bad enough, no need to make it worse.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I listened to the same press conference, and you're right he did not directly tell anyone to inject bleach. He did however suggest that some one try out the idea of taking "disinfectant" internally, and to figure out how to illuminate the the inside of the body to kill the virus. "Like a cleaning". It followed a discussion with someone else regarding disinfecting surfaces, which might involve bleach and Lysol. He seemed to be extrapolating from one thing to another. What he said was foolish and naive, and the press has had a field day with it. What he says is bad enough, no need to make it worse.
Unfortunately, the reality of what he said is not what the talking heads pushed for days. I suppose the MSM pushing the incorrect narrative was helpful to someone but NOT Americans. How did twisting the truth to make him look bad benefit ANY of us?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I was doing a bit of Wikipedia reading on the topic of corona virus.

IF I have it correctly from the reading, early discovery and experimentation (1930s) included infecting volunteers, doing whatever study was being done, and then wiping out the virus with ETHER. The ether dissolving the lipid sack that contains the actual virus.

I wonder how/if that might be applied today? Ether once was a common anesthesia.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good for starting 2 stroke Detroit Diesels as well....:eek:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was 7 years old, and to this day I remember the smell of the ether when they gave it to me, the crazy dream I had while under, and how sick I was when I regained consciousness. Nasty stuff.

Good for getting tubeless truck tire beads to seat, too. Scares the crap out of a lot of people.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I was doing a bit of Wikipedia reading on the topic of corona virus.

IF I have it correctly from the reading, early discovery and experimentation (1930s) included infecting volunteers, doing whatever study was being done, and then wiping out the virus with ETHER. The ether dissolving the lipid sack that contains the actual virus.

I wonder how/if that might be applied today? Ether once was a common anesthesia.
Ether is a very good solvent for lipid. Unfortunately living cells also have a membrane around them of lipid....
How were they applying the ether?

Status
Not open for further replies.