Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
" Meet the new BOSS, same as the old BOSS ! We won't get fooled again ! NO, NO ". But society will be fooled, just promise what the herd is wanting to hear.
Anyone seeing the repeat of history when a country goes into financial crisis as with this C19 stuff ?
Mr. Bear. In reality, we (country) has been in a financial crisis ever since the central government got away from the gold standard and went to the 'promise' standard but the politicians do a great job of of snowballing the citizens.

Fractional Reserve Banking will be the ultimate end to the empire, you can 'bank' on that. It's the ultimate Ponzi scheme and the guy (you) at the bottom always looses.

For another time however. For now, I just keep getting and spending my 'promise' notes.

Too old to worry about it. I'll leave that to the next generation to deal with. I'm pretty sure they will all hate us for what we did to them.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Mr. Bear. In reality, we (country) has been in a financial crisis ever since the central government got away from the gold standard and went to the 'promise' standard but the politicians do a great job of of snowballing the citizens.

Fractional Reserve Banking will be the ultimate end to the empire, you can 'bank' on that. It's the ultimate Ponzi scheme and the guy (you) at the bottom always looses.

For another time however. For now, I just keep getting and spending my 'promise' notes.

Too old to worry about it. I'll leave that to the next generation to deal with. I'm pretty sure they will all hate us for what we did to them.
Don't neglect to note, The nation's debt is someone's investment in the future.

Strange how that works.....

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

I was there when we went to this new funny money not backed by gold/silver, was it 64 ? I even have a few " silver certificate " bills tucked back kinda as a museum piece .
We are not close yet but if this economic downturn keeps getting worse , could get us similar to Germany in the 1920's and looked where that went. I've seen photos of people pushing wheelbarrows full of paper money trying to buy food. Not predicting that's fixing to happen . Just saying we are standing on slippery ground.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Two big problems that will contribute to the ensuing financial crisis:

1. Corporations have no cash for contingencies like this one. The are run by slaves to stockholders that demand dividends, instead of allowing a cash reserve to be built up or reducing their debts.. Suck out as much as possible as fast as you can, to hell with what happens later.

2. The common working man is working for wages that have not nearly kept up with inflation and the cost of living, and living paycheck to paycheck, can't put anything in savings. Even many that do make good wages spend it all on $60,000 pickups, $400,000 houses and every motorized toy the garage can hold and every family member has a $1000 iPhone or Galaxy S10. They have no savings to fall back on when, inevitably, they get laid off or a crisis like the present occurs.

I admit I was late to begin saving money for retirement, but always managed to keep enough tucked away to get by for six months if I had to. Other than things like cars or a pickup, everything was paid for in cash or I didn't need it.
My parents grew up during the great depression and I have remembered and took lessons from their stories.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dlsmith, based on your post, you are weird! But I agree with you. I am weird also, but it's a good kind of weirdness. :D:D

I see all the time. Have a twenty some year old neighbor who comes over to borrow a socket and wrench to get a belt off a Chev Blazer to replace the alt. A few hours later I see the hood up so go over to see if he needs some help. Nope, have it all done. Well, except he can't go to town and get another alternator because he has to wait until payday!

But a few weeks later he bought a new Cub Cadet side by side on payments.

He also told me he was going to ask him mother to get him Dave Ramsey"s book for Christmas.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
A VERY interesting interview I saw posted I shout I'd share here. (It's about 35 minutes long)

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/bfN2JWifLCY

Professor Johan Giesecke, one of the world’s most senior epidemiologists, advisor to the Swedish Government (he hired Anders Tegnell who is currently directing Swedish strategy), the first Chief Scientist of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and an advisor to the director general of the WHO, lays out with typically Swedish bluntness why he thinks:

UK policy on lockdown and other European countries are not evidence-based

The correct policy is to protect the old and the frail only

This will eventually lead to herd immunity as a “by-product”

The initial UK response, before the “180 degree U-turn”, was better

The Imperial College paper was “not very good” and he has never seen an unpublished paper have so much policy impact

The paper was very much too pessimistic

Any such models are a dubious basis for public policy anyway

The flattening of the curve is due to the most vulnerable dying first as much as the lockdown

The results will eventually be similar for all countriesCovid-19 is a “mild disease” and similar to the flu, and it was the novelty of the disease that scared people.

The actual fatality rate of Covid-19 is the region of 0.1%

At least 50% of the population of both the UK and Sweden will be shown to have already had the disease when mass antibody testing becomes available

Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Why lockdowns are the wrong policy - Swedish expert Prof. Johan Giesecke

Why lockdowns are the wrong policy - Swedish expert Prof. Johan Giesecke

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
he is probably pretty close to actual reality of this panic . ABC godd morn america reported that since Ca started antibody testing that the true figure of infections is close to 56 times greter than reported in LA county alone

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
More reports are coming out now about earlier cases. I think this was around longer than the media wants people to think.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The report I read was new data obtained when a coroner recently sent in autopsy specimens for analysis, and the result from CDC was covid was present in the tissue. This would be a different analysis. The media can't report data it doesn't have. I wouldn't attribute the absence of media coverage to any malevolent intent. Just plain lack of information. Not surprising. Given all the flights in and out of China plenty of chances for someone to bring it in earlier.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That certainly supports my doc's assertion that this virus is no worse than the normal flu that comes around every year.

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
More reports are coming out now about earlier cases. I think this was around longer than the media wants people to think.
I might have mentioned our Daughter thinks she may have had it in early Jan. She was really sick with all the C19 symptoms. So I will presume me & the Misses have been exposed as we took her food on several occasions. She is awaiting a call back from a hospital in Tyler that has started the antibody testing so she can get in on test.
I'll repeat that over in Monroe La. area late Nov & Dec clinics seeing same symptoms as c19 but when tested for flu none found. This stuff was on the rampage long before anyone had a hint it existed. How many more viral strains are mutating waiting to stricke us down ?
Plus, on more bad news how close to real food shortages are we ? I think a lot of folks are fixing to learn that food isn't made in the back room of the grocery store . Maybe that one & only Walking Dead episode I ever watched is freakin me out.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Plus, on more bad news how close to real food shortages are we ? I think a lot of folks are fixing to learn that food isn't made in the back room of the grocery store . Maybe that one & only Walking Dead episode I ever watched is freakin me out.

real close if not now. With Tyson and Smithfield out of the picture, pork and chicken will become a delicacy, bank on that. We have 6 whole fryers in the freezer anyway, 1/2 a steer and a whole hog butchered.

I always chuckled watching the 'Florida Citrus Growers' commercial where the lady reaches in the refrigerated case and a grower hands her a carton of 'Real Florida Orange Juice'.... What a crock.

Florida has been decimated with orange drop virus anyway. Most of the juice now is imported (just like may other foodstuffs).

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Here's an interesting read. https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Statistics you don't find much in our news.
There were a couple of comments that I thought might be misinterpreted. One was about the numbers of deaths occurring at home and another about death due to embolisms. A recent article in a medical journal mentioned the er docs figuring out that the covid virus was causing clotting defects in some patients. At autopsy their lungs were full of tiny clots. The clots were clogging up dialysis machines as well as damaging the kidneys. Clots migrating to the brain or heart, no surprise, caused sudden death. They speculated that some of the deaths at home, where someone went from moderately sick to dead in a matter of a couple of hours, might have been from clots clogging up critical blood vessels. They are now measuring clotting times in patients and looking into using where possible the anticlot drugs like those used for A fib.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
In paragraph 20 it reads, "NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden warned that the corona crisis is used for the massive and permanent expansion of global surveillance. The renowned virologist Pablo Goldschmidt spoke of a “global media terror” and “totalitarian measures”. Leading British virologist Professor John Oxford spoke of a “media epidemic”.

At first it seems so far out, but I just recently saw some cities using drones to fly over areas and determine how close the individuals were. They could apparently made a verbal demand for them to spread out if necessary. The drones could also detect each individuals core body temperature.

Big brother IS watching! Just google "pandemic drones".

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...drone-that-can-sense-fevers-coughing/2258746/

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There is an additional possibility. It is a real epidemic, ANd it is being used to ratchet up surveillance. Not keen on some of these ideas for surveillance or monitoring.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Big Brother has been watching for a very long time, since the late 60's with the on slot of computers. When I worked for Ma Bell in the early 70's we we installing the latest and greatest in mass communications in the form of ESS ( electronic switching systems) I would imagine these have all been junked by now and replaced with some super slick stuff! These would take one small floor of a phone building that had before housed 3 or 4 floors of equipment.
And yes Big Brother was there too
In Pittsburgh the ATT building, there were 3 floors that were secured with locked doors and required a secret or better clearance to enter or work
. Yep all Big Brother stuff, even back then there were very early programs for encrypting and intercepting phone chatter. These early programs could pick up words of interest ,like, bomb, or explosives, kill and so on. Stone age stuff by today's standards.
Yes Big Brother is every where, now why do you think Alexis would turn off when asked if it was sending information to some govt agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.