Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
REMEMBER:

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. ***8212;John Adams​
Well worth your time to view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjjybyJ59Lw
I remember reading in a sci-fi book years ago a saying I will never forget even though it was made up.

The characters were talking about freedom in a society.

To paraphrase, he said,
Freedom is so rare because it is the most expensive thing in the galaxy and very few societies have the backbone for it.
By backbone he meant the moral conviction and energy to fight for it.

To a lot of people it is easier to be led.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The two hospitals my wife and niece work at yesterday laid of 650 people.

They are wishing they had patients to care for.

This Wuhan Virus was quite the engineering feat.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
The two hospitals my wife and niece work at yesterday laid of 650 people.

They are wishing they had patients to care for.

This Wuhan Virus was quite the engineering feat.

THIS is the real tragedy of CV19. Now the fallout will be far more deaths due to the financial impact than those of the CV19 Virus. IMO, this is a test run by Bureaucrats in population control.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
THIS is the real tragedy of CV19. Now the fallout will be far more deaths due to the financial impact than those of the CV19 Virus. IMO, this is a test run by Bureaucrats in population control.
You think?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
REMEMBER:

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. ***8212;John Adams​

Well worth your time to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjjybyJ59Lw

That's what I thought when day before yesterday Trump announced his ABSOLUTE authority to open up the country, and the state governments be damned (my paraphrase). He has since walked that back, someone must have pointed out to him that he wouldn't even issue country wide recommendations for closures, so he could scarcely order it opened up. Not to mention the constitutionality.

Look carefully at the credentials of the person in the you tube link before you swallow that hook line and sinker. Yes the immune system plays an important role, and yes it is being investigating, but there are simpler explanations than everything is deep state.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Won't work, there is going to be a population boom in about nine months.... What else is there to do?

;-):)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
That's what I thought when day before yesterday Trump announced his ABSOLUTE authority to open up the country, and the state governments be damned (my paraphrase). He has since walked that back, someone must have pointed out to him that he wouldn't even issue country wide recommendations for closures, so he could scarcely order it opened up. Not to mention the constitutionality.

Look carefully at the credentials of the person in the you tube link before you swallow that hook line and sinker. Yes the immune system plays an important role, and yes it is being investigating, but there are simpler explanations than everything is deep state.
He can lift the national state of emergency in each state. Each state will deal with state rules.

You guys make it sound like he is delivering it door to door.

How about the W.H.O.? Do you think they are they reliable?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
He can lift the national state of emergency in each state. Each state will deal with state rules.

You guys make it sound like he is delivering it door to door.

How about the W.H.O.? Do you think they are they reliable?
Exactly. Far as the WHO goes, only thing I know about is the rock group.:eek:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Exactly. Far as the WHO goes, only thing I know about is the rock group.:eek:
" Meet the new BOSS, same as the old BOSS ! We won't get fooled again ! NO, NO ". But society will be fooled, just promise what the herd is wanting to hear.
Anyone seeing the repeat of history when a country goes into financial crisis as with this C19 stuff ?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'd say the economy (or lack of one) is well on it's way toward a major reset, IOW, recession right now. The 'good times' will be replaced by bad tomes. Thanks China.... Will be worldwide, not just here in the USA.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I'd say the economy (or lack of one) is well on it's way toward a major reset, IOW, recession right now. The 'good times' will be replaced by bad tomes. Thanks China.... Will be worldwide, not just here in the USA.
When America is doing good, everyone around us does as well.

This does not have to slide into a recession/depression. There is PLENTY of money in America to stimulate it just fine.

What it takes is people that have money, to go spend some of it. When America just wakes up, gets in a car, and orders coffee through a drive-thru window, we are a trillion dollar economy.

So if you have the dough, go buy a new tractor. I have added 4 new attachments myself recently. I just told my wife I am doing my part to stimulate the economy (be careful with that reason, if your wife is like mine, she will be buying a new purse and shoes to do her part as well).

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

This does not have to slide into a recession/depression. There is PLENTY of money in America to stimulate it just fine.

What it takes is people that have money, to go spend some of it. When America just wakes up, gets in a car, and orders coffee through a drive-thru window, we are a trillion dollar economy.

So if you have the dough, go buy a new tractor. I have added 4 new attachments myself recently. I just told my wife I am doing my part to stimulate the economy (be careful with that reason, if your wife is like mine, she will be buying a new purse and shoes to do her part as well).
The highlighted part is the operative thought.

How many folks are in deep do do right now because they bought something with no interest, and used the money they could have used to pay for the purchase to "make money" somewhere else? Oh, when things are good we don't need to worry about a rainy day. When it starts raining it's too late to start!

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The highlighted part is the operative thought.

How many folks are in deep do do right now because they bought something with no interest, and used the money they could have used to pay for the purchase to "make money" somewhere else? Oh, when things are good we don't need to worry about a rainy day. When it starts raining it's too late to start!

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep becomes your downfall!
For sure, but that will likely never change much.

There are still a LOT of people that are liquid.

Essential/non-essential - Turns out, everyone I know was an essential worker. None of them had to stay home.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

2 is enough for me (for a while), I do have my eye on a used JD fwa utility with a cab and powershift however. Just waiting for it to sit for a while so the price becomes reasonable and yes, it's a pre 4 engine.

Just bought a new hayrake, old one retired via CraigsList. I think 30 years of service was plenty enough.

I'd never buy a new tractor of any make. Don't want the hassle of electronics.

I always have the 'dough', cause I'm basically a miser.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Lots of people got real stupid when this first started and bought up vast quantities of things like toilet paper and paper towels, on their charge cards and are now stuck with rooms full of items they will never use.

That charged amount is still due and I've heard that stores won't allow returns on hoarded items like paper products. Oh well.

One thing for certain, if you like pork and chicken, better buy it soon because Smithfield and Tyson closed their largest processing plants due to the virus.

Gonna be in short supply for the immediate future.

Read in American Thinker that Cambodia is in a tear over the cancellation of orders from domestic retailers like Walmart, Target, TJ max and others cancelling all orders for clothing so the stuff is piling up with nowhere to go. People are being laid off, factories closing, seems as though most garments today are made there. Cambodia beat the Chinese on cost to make the stuff, cut their prices and now are stuck with mountains of unsaleable clothing.

Problem is, it's all 'designer' labeled stuff so cannot sell it to anyone but the intended purchaser.

Even Carhartt is made there even though Carhartt's world headquarters is in Michigan. They make zilch here, just shuffle papers and apply the much maligned 'Made in USA label to their stuff. Should say, 'Manufactured overseas and sold here' instead.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, maybe those factories in Cambodia could switch over and produce something absolute needed, like face mask. Simple business sense, have to produce something someone else want or needs!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, maybe those factories in Cambodia could switch over and produce something absolute needed, like face mask. Simple business sense, have to produce something someone else want or needs!
I don't know. I do know they have it as well but the pictures I've seen of them leaving their factories, very few have any face protection on.

I suspect we are presently awash in face masks. I just read that the local hospital is actually laying off medical personnel because they are not needed, the anticipated case load never reached the anticipated levels. Why I say the same thing will occur with ventilators. Way too many made for the actual demand.

Of course all you hear about is Cumo and other governors whining about not enough supplies, I'm beginning to think it's just that, whining.

Lots of citizens have expired but lots of citizens expire from the common flu every year as well and that isn't counting drug, auto or violence deaths.

Finally, I'm against intubation entirely unless it's a matter of life and death. Intubation has some very serious consequences, I know, I've had the procedure done to me and the recuperation time as well as the damage done to you physically is pretty severe. I had it done over 1.5 years ago and I still have issues from it.

My hat is off to the current POTUS, he got with the program early on and made sure this country had enough of everything. Sure, there were minor glitches but he did a bang up job and had very consul as well.

Totally untread waters.

Not sure I'd trust Cambodia to make masks that weren't germ free anyway. Not much more than a 3rd world hovel, certainly not a world class economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.