Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Insurance.

It will be interesting to see which insurance companies pick the winners in the market going forward and which ones will be clobbered. Record liability and diminishing investments is a recipe for disaster.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Ventilators

So far the death rate for people being put on ventilators is hovering at the 90% mark. If it were me, I would pass.

If the doctor explained that 9 out of 10 people we put on this machine will die, I wonder how many would still be willing to do it.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the problem.

Apr 7, 2020
US
Ventilators

So far the death rate for people being put on ventilators is hovering at the 90% mark. If it were me, I would pass.

If the doctor explained that 9 out of 10 people we put on this machine will die, I wonder how many would still be willing to do it.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the problem.
Once you are 'intubed' or whatever it's called and medical oxygen is forced into your lungs, it causes irreversible lung damage. Even if you survive, you will have permanent lung damage as in reduced oxygen aspiration capacity.

Why Boris Johnson is being given medical oxygen via a mask and not a tube inserted in his windpipe. They (doctors) know what the end game is.

Having sleep apnea, I sleep on a bipap machine every night. Only difference between my resperionics bipap machine and a ventilator is the tube and it cannot induce medical oxygen, though I bet I could if I needed to.

My machine breathes with me and adjusts to my rate of breathing. Incidentally, Resperionics is the largest manufacturer in the world of medical ventilator machines

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Once you are 'intubed' or whatever it's called and medical oxygen is forced into your lungs, it causes irreversible lung damage. Even if you survive, you will have permanent lung damage as in reduced oxygen aspiration capacity.

Why Boris Johnson is being given medical oxygen via a mask and not a tube inserted in his windpipe. They (doctors) know what the end game is.

Having sleep apnea, I sleep on a bipap machine every night. Only difference between my resperionics bipap machine and a ventilator is the tube and it cannot induce medical oxygen, though I bet I could if I needed to.

My machine breathes with me and adjusts to my rate of breathing. Incidentally, Resperionics is the largest manufacturer in the world of medical ventilator machines

Listening to the MSM it seems like they think everyone should have and be on one, in reality you don't want anyone on them.

Apr 7, 2020
US
Exactly. The ventilator should be the last resort, not the first line of treatment because of the collateral damage they cause. I was 'intubed' for a different reason, not a ventilator, and I had issues with my vocal chords that took weeks to heal

Knowing what is involved and the collateral damage, I pay the media no mind as they really don't have a clue

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
"Washington State shuts down its COVID field hospital. Total patient count: Zero."

Hopefully we see a lot more of this.

Apr 7, 2020
US
"Washington State shuts down its COVID field hospital. Total patient count: Zero."

Hopefully we see a lot more of this.
Will take a while, especially in urban areas like Chicago, New York, New Orleans and others. I read NYC has so many dead people the mayor is considering burying them in an unused potters field until they can be dealt with properly. One business that is busy..... Funeral business

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Reason #1042 Not to live in a big city.

During a Pandemic, you may get it and die more easily.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Anyone else have grandparents do weird stuff that was explained by the fact that they lived thru the Depression?

We’re going to be those grandparents.

“Daddy why is grandma clorox wiping the grocery bags?” “She lived thru COVID honey she doesn’t talk about it.”

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Grandparents? Try parents, and yes, it is transmissable. I don't feel secure until the larder is full, the barn has hay up to the rafters, and nothing is thrown out that might come in handy.

Being ocd with the chlorox wipes, the masks, and hand washing could have survival advantages!

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sheepfarmer, here's my motto: "I have done so much with so little for so long, today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing."

What's amazing is I enjoy the challenge.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I do know the traffic on the hard road is like well like when I moved in here, very few cars, lots of trucks going to the drilling rigs other wise it is almost quiet here again, except for the occasional gun shots down the holler in fact I heard the turkeys gobbling the other morning :D

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Anyone else have grandparents do weird stuff that was explained by the fact that they lived thru the Depression?

We’re going to be those grandparents.

“Daddy why is grandma clorox wiping the grocery bags?” “She lived thru COVID honey she doesn’t talk about it.”
My wife worked with alzheimers patients for several years and she mentioned all the time how some of the woman hoarded tissues and supplies. The "Father" in the facility explained it was from the great depression and the need to stock up.

So I guess the run on TP recently was ingrained - lol.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Funny thing is when your ocd is at war with the "never throw anything out"...had a friend years ago that brought sandwiches in the small plastic and waxed paper bags. She saved those and took them home and washed for re use. At the time I thought that was a bit much. When ziplocks came out I washed and reused those. Then the information came out as to how your kitchen could get contaminated with Salmonella, Listeria, etc from chicken and produce, and I decided that it was too hard to get a plastic bag really clean and threw them out. Not to mention the great plastic garbage patch in the ocean. Now that some things can be hard to get, the bags and tinfoil are getting saved and reused....and I have stocked up on plastic boxes that are easily washed and reused.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
When we were kids Mom use to get margarine in plastic tubs, Mom never tossed them out,, and you could spend 20 min looking for the margarine, cause you wound up lifting the lids off all the left overs first. Yep left over from the hard time when they were kids, and I guess they never knew if tomorrow would hold a meal or not

Apr 7, 2020
US
Reason #1042 Not to live in a big city.

During a Pandemic, you may get it and die more easily.
When you pack them in like sardines in a can, when one gets it, they all get it. Just like nursing homes. One gets it, the entire facility gets it. Prisons too.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My wife was sent home early again yesterday from the hospital. No cases in the facility. The 3 they thought they had were just the flu. She said the hospital was half empty.

This is the same for my niece's hospital. No covid cases.

These are the two largest hospitals in the southern part of our state (both within 5 miles of MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.