COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yes you can work with a mask on but it absolutely needs an exhalation valve to allow moisture to escape.
View attachment 45827
Most of you know that I have a portable sawmill and I saw 12 months a year. Yes, Winters are cold and Summers are hot. Eye and hearing protection, gloves, leather apron, steel toe boots, and of course the wearing of a 3M N95 mask. This picture was taken in 2010 and nothing has changed. I have always bought the masks in 6 boxes of 10 for the best price and no shipping charges.

View attachment 45829
Humana just sent (two each) masks to my wife and myself for everyday use..
Some long time ago I tried to talk birddog into getting some Kubota orange material and sewing up a bunch for loyal OTT members 🙂

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
8322379A-33A6-4EB9-A4AA-F9EDE4CDD2E2.jpeg

I don’t live in LaSalle Parish but it borders the parish I live in. Our parish is a lot more populated, but even in the city where I work its the same. Chief of police said they don’t have the capacity to deal with enforcing the mandatory mask. Business owners should put a sign on their door if they want to mandate a mask. I noticed we put a sign up at our service dept entrance, but still 50/50 that people wore one. We didn’t threaten anybody either. And luckily the friendly state trooper at the gas station I stop at on my way home didn’t arrest me for going in without one 😬

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
It is funny how they have the whole issue boiled down to a "mask" and how the gullible have fallen right in line. The mask will save the world - ROFLMAO.

The unwashed re-used mask the MAJORITY of people wear will help keep the virus alive. It is a nice MOIST, porous clingy material.

When I put on a face covering - it is to help the weak minded, not myself.
It is to keep from "triggering" someone like Flip.
It is to make someone that believes in a bunch of fake numbers feel better about themselves.
You hit the nail right on the head here which explains why so many of the popular vocal people in here got just a bit nastier after this post.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
View attachment 45838
I don’t live in LaSalle Parish but it borders the parish I live in. Our parish is a lot more populated, but even in the city where I work its the same. Chief of police said they don’t have the capacity to deal with enforcing the mandatory mask. Business owners should put a sign on their door if they want to mandate a mask. I noticed we put a sign up at our service dept entrance, but still 50/50 that people wore one. We didn’t threaten anybody either. And luckily the friendly state trooper at the gas station I stop at on my way home didn’t arrest me for going in without one 😬
Just ANOTHER example of fake numbers. Unfortunately this will scare some people unnecessarily. And many won't believe it because it doesn't fit the narrative.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My view is simply this... If a retail establishment has a sign out front of the store entrance that requires masks be worn inside and someone comes in and gets nasty with a clerk or the store manager (which is verbal assault), then they have every right to call LE and have them deal with the situation, which is, exactly what happened at the Lowes in Bangor, Maine that I commented on.

Irregardless of whether your Sheriff enforces the mask mandate, assaulting anyone verbally or physically is still a civil offense and as a civil offense, LE needs to get involved at that point. Mask enforcement or not isn't germane in that instance.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sometime way back in this thread, someone wanted to see what the total number of deaths from any cause in this spring compared with other years, was there an excess in deaths?

Here is a paper that addresses that question. About 122,000 more than expected occurred in the time period. At the same time 95,000 were directly attributed to covid.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I see the 'lets open it up and heck with Covid' is working real well in Florida.... People are starting to drop like flies on a dog turd.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I see the 'lets open it up and heck with Covid' is working real well in Florida.... People are starting to drop like flies on a dog turd.
Makes you wonder at what point do you come to the conclusion what you're doing isn't working? Now there is a threat that folks that have already had covid are getting reinfected so what does that say for herd immunity? So many different opinions it's difficult to say who is right and who is wrong. My belief which really doesn't mean squat is that at this point we have a very long way to go before there is any reliable information to make a decision one way or the other. We better be damn sure that we're right before we open it all back up again because we'll be in a world of hurt if we are wrong not to mention if there is a second wave it will be brutal.

Sorry if these links have already been posted

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Makes you wonder at what point do you come to the conclusion what you're doing isn't working? Now there is a threat that folks that have already had covid are getting reinfected so what does that say for herd immunity? So many different opinions it's difficult to say who is right and who is wrong. My belief which really doesn't mean squat is that at this point we have a very long way to go before there is any reliable information to make a decision one way or the other. We better be damn sure that we're right before we open it all back up again because we'll be in a world of hurt if we are wrong not to mention if there is a second wave it will be brutal.

Sorry if these links have already been posted
Re-infected?
The first paragraph states,
Key Messages from the Evidence Summary•No well documented cases of suspect reinfection have been described, specifically there have been no reports of culture based documentation of a new infection after clearance of the preceding infection, or evidence of reinfection with a molecularly distinct form of the virus.

This is going to rinse and repeat for years to come. And just when you think it is over some fresh new host will pop up from isolation and start it all over.

Hopefully this "first time ever in history" approach will be the last time ever as well.

Reactions: 1 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This is going to rinse and repeat for years to come. And just when you think it is over some fresh new host will pop up from isolation and start it all over.

Hopefully this "first time ever in history" approach will be the last time ever as well.
As much as I hope we are both wrong I'm afraid this time we could be right. Short of a miracle like someone coming up with a vaccine in the near future I do believe life as we knew it won't be back anytime soon if ever and this is coming from one of the most optimistic people you'll ever meet.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
As much as I hope we are both wrong I'm afraid this time we could be right. Short of a miracle like someone coming up with a vaccine in the near future I do believe life as we knew it won't be back anytime soon if ever and this is coming from one of the most optimistic people you'll ever meet.
Most vaccines have had a rocky start so I wouldn't go relying on one out of the gate. Aslo based on the sheer number of people that never get a SINGLE symptom, there will be a huge percentage (rightly so IMO) that would not want one even when it is available. This isn't polio or the black plague. The latest numbers are showing it isn't as deadly as the seasonal flu so many (like myself) won't worry.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Most vaccines have had a rocky start so I wouldn't go relying on one out of the gate. Aslo based on the sheer number of people that never get a SINGLE symptom, there will be a huge percentage (rightly so IMO) that would not want one even when it is available. This isn't polio or the black plague. The latest numbers are showing it isn't as deadly as the seasonal flu so many (like myself) won't worry.
Covid 19 may be over exaggerated but, when it hits one of your family members, it's a different story. My sister ( in Ga) spoke to here son last night( in Texas) who has been tested positive. She said he could barely talk for coughing. I sure hope I don't have to come back on here and say he died!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Lost 2 folks I know already, one older, one not so old (40). Both died a horrible death and both left families behind.

My main impetus is, I don't want to contract it and I do everything in my power and use all available techniques not to.

Ir is what it is but I believe the 'new normal' and the 'old normal' are 2 distinctly different things.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Covid 19 may be over exaggerated but, when it hits one of your family members, it's a different story. My sister ( in Ga) spoke to here son last night( in Texas) who has been tested positive. She said he could barely talk for coughing. I sure hope I don't have to come back on here and say he died!
IPZ, I hope not also. Just this morning listened to a Dr from Kansas University Medical Center talk about Covid 19 in Kansas/Missouri. The part that stuck to me was he said we have greatly improved the treatment. In the last four months they have made great strides.

44% of cases in this area are folks under 35 years old. They are not greatly affected, and he said because they don't use a face mask they will affect the older more susceptible.

There has to be a glimmer of hope somewhere!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Like the 30 year old in Florida that went to a 'Covid party' where the host was positive, to see how many people could contract it. He died but before he did he said to the medical people, I made a big mistake... really?

People amaze me with their rank stupidity. Amazes me that some folks don't hold their breath and die from lack of oxygen.

Probably been done anyway.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Lost 2 folks I know already, one older, one not so old (40). Both died a horrible death and both left families behind.

My main impetus is, I don't want to contract it and I do everything in my power and use all available techniques not to.

Ir is what it is but I believe the 'new normal' and the 'old normal' are 2 distinctly different things.
Good friend of mine, his father-in-law died (which I had known him for years, 30+) from COVID. Wasn't feeling well, preached a funeral, went to the doctor that afternoon. Received test results of a positive COVID. Couple days later in the hospital unable to breath, that Saturday family was saying goodbye via tablets because they wouldn't let them in the room. He died on that Sunday morning. In a little over a week he was dead. Yes, he was in his 70's so he was high risk, but still active. Surprised by how quickly it took him.

My dad is in the high risk category, so he wears a mask when he is out and about. Been avoiding crowds. Yet, we still have been living our lives, doing things, just more mindful of what we are doing to avoid placing dad or the wife in a higher risk situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.