COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just more fear mongering. Notice it even says "POSSIBLY LINKED"

Who falls for this stuff anyway?

Down low in that linked article : "Doctors still believe that most children with COVID-19 develop only mild illness."

With regard to the link bearbait posted on the unusually large number of kids showing up with Kawasaki syndrome, knowledge is power. The constellation of symptoms described has been reported previously to occur after a kid has had a viral illness. In the current group of kids, some tested positive for a current covid 19 infection, and some were negative to that test, but had antibodies to a previous exposure to the virus. In others from other hospitals less information was available. So "may" is the appropriate verb. It is a weird and usually rare syndrome, the kids can get pretty sick, a few die, and a few end up with permanently damaged hearts. It can occur weeks after the illness is over. Most are treated successfully. So this is useful information to parents. It is not 100% correct that kids get off scot free from covid 19, but so far most do.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Pretty Darn Sad, that some people are obsessed with proving that it’s OK for people to DIE, because other diseases have killed people too. I guess with that reasoning, I hope that they are personally effected by someone who has died from all these diseases and see what song they are signing after that. Wishing death on your fellow man just to keep you from being inconvenienced is about low as any man can go.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Pretty Darn Sad, that some people are obsessed with proving that it***8217;s OK for people to DIE, because other diseases have killed people too. I guess with that reasoning, I hope that they are personally effected by someone who has died from all these diseases and see what song they are signing after that. Wishing death on your fellow man just to keep you from being inconvenienced is about low as any man can go.
If only the inconveniences would be effective. so far, there is no evidence in support of such claims. 66% of recent hospitalizations for the wuhan flu in NYC are from people who STAYED HOME. That I find Darn Sad!

Georgia , which "opened" two weeks ago, seems to be following the same curve as "closed" states.
Sweden's numbers are as good as those in the US (% wise)

What is sad is blindly following the directions of those who don't have a clue, in hope that doing so will somehow provide protection.

"Those who would surrender any freedom for the promise of any safety, deserve neither, and will loose both"

Last edited:

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
One day - and I hope sooner rather than later - America will realize that it has not elected geniuses to public office. Also, perhaps that America should realize that people running for elected offices have agendas.

Sitting back and watching all the information - rather than only the information that confirms our biases - a logical mind might see that we have made a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Death is an end-point for all of us. There is no escape from it. If only we were as concerned about all the other causes of death as we are this over-hyped virus. But then, we'd lower highway speed limits again, make motorcycles illegal, stop illegal immigration, make abortions illegal, and imprison violent criminals for life. But, we won't do that, because it doesn't serve our political agendas.

Covid-19 does. It is going to create millions of people depending on a charitable government to save them.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
One day - and I hope sooner rather than later - America will realize that it has not elected geniuses to public office. Also, perhaps that America should realize that people running for elected offices have agendas.

Sitting back and watching all the information - rather than only the information that confirms our biases - a logical mind might see that we have made a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Death is an end-point for all of us. There is no escape from it. If only we were as concerned about all the other causes of death as we are this over-hyped virus. But then, we'd lower highway speed limits again, make motorcycles illegal, stop illegal immigration, make abortions illegal, and imprison violent criminals for life. But, we won't do that, because it doesn't serve our political agendas.

Covid-19 does. It is going to create millions of people depending on a charitable government to save them.
seems to be getting more and more rare every day...."a logical mind"

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
With regard to the link bearbait posted on the unusually large number of kids showing up with Kawasaki syndrome, knowledge is power. The constellation of symptoms described has been reported previously to occur after a kid has had a viral illness. In the current group of kids, some tested positive for a current covid 19 infection, and some were negative to that test, but had antibodies to a previous exposure to the virus. In others from other hospitals less information was available. So "may" is the appropriate verb. It is a weird and usually rare syndrome, the kids can get pretty sick, a few die, and a few end up with permanently damaged hearts. It can occur weeks after the illness is over. Most are treated successfully. So this is useful information to parents. It is not 100% correct that kids get off scot free from covid 19, but so far most do.
If saving kids was the concern then we would all be talking about abortion clinics where there is real data to back up actual deaths.

BUT its not really about the kids or innocently giving useful information to parents its about putting fear into some parents who may have been on the fence. If information is used to manipulate, its actually propaganda.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
When we step back from our crash course on meaningless statistics based on poor estimates and subjective recording, we might notice that there are many problems in todays society even worse than the wuhan flu.

But that takes pushing away from the NEWS, and digging.

"That’s why we shouldn’t make too many comparisons to cases and deaths right now. Because almost every other country except Sweden has just postponed deaths. They won’t avoid them because there is still no argument that has been made that suddenly this disease will go away after their lockdowns are over. I mean if they’re waiting for a vaccine that could take over a year if we’re lucky. It could take several years. And no society can be shut down completely and shut down the economy for more than a year without ruining society and the economy entirely. And that will kill many more people than the virus does. "

Attachments

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
WOW, just, WOW.:eek:
I never thought I would run across this type of pure unadulterated anger & vitriol on this forum.
But, here it is, and well I guess I will dump in my 26 1/2 cent opinion here.

I am a registered independent in a Southwestern state that is just now starting to relax some lockdown restrictions.

I have seen the Liberal and Conservative responses and they BOTH SUCK!

I do not like the Michigan (liberal) model of locking everything down and for a long time not letting anybody go anywhere except to get food or medicine.

Nor do I like the Georgia (conservative) model which was to open everything up (with some restrictions) and letting the chips fall where they may.

Both seem very politically driven and BOTH seem to not give a dam about the people.

One is to keep you locked up until the virus goes away and to hell with the economic fallout.

The other one is to open everything up and let GOD sort it out and to hell with anybody who is not perfectly healthy or old.

I am not going to argue with anyone about the Virus being real or deadly.

For me, All I had to see were hospitals in NYC renting semi-trailers and stacking dead bodies in there.

OR the military trucks in Italy taking dead bodies out of the city because their crematoriums were overwhelmed.

Those #3000 people a DAY in NYC were people, they were someone, somebody loved, and they are dead.

Yes people die every day.
is the United States we lose around #40,000 people every year from Car accidents.
But we do not stop driving, nor do we throw our hands up in the air and say people die all the time!

We improved the Automobile, we designed crash zones, air bags, anti-lock brakes, lane assist, another words we TRIED to make cars safer.
By and large we have.

All I am saying is that there is a better way than locking everybody down forever or letting people die because you can't be bothered to put on a dam face mask.

The way forward is to learn from this, BOTH SIDES!
Move forward in a deliberate way, start opening business slowly, social distance, WEAR A DAM MASK!

This will not prevent the virus, it's out there.

What this will do is by us time, desperately needed time.

Time to hopefully get a vaccine out to the public.
Time to get a heard immunity.
Time to understand how to protect our most vulnerable loved ones.
I'm talking about our parents, our children fighting cancer etc.

This will buy us time.

We are human beings, when you lock us up socially we do not do well.
We are human beings, we should care if people die and not say "well thatÂ’s the way it is.

We can do this together, without hatred, we don't have to agree to help each other.

Stay safe my friends and I look forward to seeing all of you in the world!
:D

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
WOW, just, WOW.:eek:
I never thought I would run across this type of pure unadulterated anger & vitriol on this forum.

Both seem very politically driven and BOTH seem to not give a dam about the people.

I am not going to argue with anyone about the Virus being real or deadly.

All I am saying is that there is a better way than locking everybody down forever or letting people die because you can't be bothered to put on a dam face mask.

The way forward is to learn from this, BOTH SIDES!
Move forward in a deliberate way, start opening business slowly, social distance, WEAR A DAM MASK!

This will not prevent the virus, it's out there.

What this will do is by us time, desperately needed time.

Time to hopefully get a vaccine out to the public.
Time to get a heard immunity.
Time to understand how to protect our most vulnerable loved ones.
I'm talking about our parents, our children fighting cancer etc.

This will buy us time.

We are human beings, when you lock us up socially we do not do well.
We are human beings, we should care if people die and not say "well thatÂ’s the way it is.

We can do this together, without hatred, we don't have to agree to help each other.

:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI

Who are you gonna believe?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm not sure where you are seeing the hatred and vitriol. When political opinions get tossed out it creates a resistance by any others, so if you want less disagreement don't bring up politics.

Analyzing a problem after it has existed and a while is easier then knowing very little about the problem (virus) and working on a solution. After you've seen the ball game it's pretty easy to determine who won! Monday morning quarterbacks all know the correct answers.

Here's an idea of what a Japanese island did. Early lockdown that lasted 3 weeks, then lifted. Second wave was even worse. https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI

Who are you gonna believe?

TooMany, that's a two month old report. Old news now. Ideas change based on newer information. This was one month later. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/...aring-a-face-mask-heres-how-and-why-to-do-it/
What changed?

People quit fiddling with their masks? Nope! Not that I've noted.

People quit thinking that wearing a mask was a "bullet proof safety mechanism? Nope! Not that either.

Properly fitted and used masks perform a function in the right environment.

Wearing old underwear over your face in public is absurd!

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
I'm not sure where you are seeing the hatred and vitriol. When political opinions get tossed out it creates a resistance by any others, so if you want less disagreement don't bring up politics.

Analyzing a problem after it has existed and a while is easier then knowing very little about the problem (virus) and working on a solution. After you've seen the ball game it's pretty easy to determine who won! Monday morning quarterbacks all know the correct answers.

Here's an idea of what a Japanese island did. Early lockdown that lasted 3 weeks, then lifted. Second wave was even worse. https://time.com/5826918/hokkaido-coronavirus-lockdown/
I admit I did not go thru all 86 pages but what I did see from one particular side was very much anger, hatred and vitriol of the opposite opinion.
As an independent, I see both sides as badly flawed but I do try to see the good in both, but I must confess it’s getting harder and harder as time goes on.
As far as the Japanese island is concerned, I believe we in the U.S. are going to see a brutal spike of this virus As we open up more and more, and then again in the fall A horrible second wave that will scare And kill more people all over again.
I am just a regular lay person that is very tired of this lockdown and also don’t want to just throw open the doors and kill a lot of people for the sake of my “freedom” what ever the hell that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.