COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
EXACTLY. Every news clip I see of various protesters, they all seem to have one thing in common...

Total disregard for others. Like the ones at the Michigan State Capitol building. Armed (no issue with me), in camo (no issue again) no masks and screaming at the police inches away from their faces... BIG PROBLEM WITH ME.

A grain of common sense will tell you that no mask and a crowd and screaming at someone is a recipe for transmitting Covid to an innocent party.

I'm a gun person and I exercise my right to carry, both concealed (have a CCW) and open carry because it's permitted here.

Having said that, those protesters came across to me like a bunch of idiots.
I can see the parallels. If the right to peaceably assemble is denied, and rumors of the right to free speech are being removed (Chinese flu=Hate speech ) Then why not the second be in jeopardy as well.

A right unexercised is a right denied.

With that, Things could have gone terribly wrong at that state house.

Ruby Ridge, Waco...Philandering etc.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
... and it irritated not only Whitmer but Republican members and Democratic members of the state house and senate with good reason.

Camo dressed gun toting, screaming protesters tend to cause people to feel very insecure so to that end they are drafting an ordinance that will prohibit weapons on Statehouse grounds and I suspect it will pass.

So, the one thing those 'protesters' did was compromise their right to bear arms, at least at the Statehouse and they garnered negative publicity as well.

All well and good to protest but acting like fools gets you things you didn't bargain for.

Additionally, Gretch put her foot down and publicly stated that if 'ytou want to act like children, I'll extend the order. I feel the order is over reach and so does the legislature but there is a right way (the legal way) to address it and there is the other way. You get a lot more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar.

Their 'step forward' only got them 2 steps backward.

Michigan is a pretty progressive state as far as gun rights are concerned. A lot of the legislators are hunters and are pro firearms even though Gretch (Democrat) is anti firearm. In reality she cannot do squat about the right to bear arms or open or concealed carry, except by executive fiat which would be immediately ruled unconstitutional under state law.

But she can extend the 'stay at home' order, which I believe she would and I think did, until the legislature takes her to task, just like Minnesota did.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It's BS and then it isn't BS. That all depends entirely on the new infection rates and deaths. If the infection rates stay low and deaths stay low, then it's BS.

If the rate of infection spikes and deaths spike, then it isn't.

Only time will tell. I have my own opinion but I'll adopt a wait and see attitude for now.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
KRIST guys give it a brake,,, like a kidney stone this too shall pass, and all the hype with it,, I just read that the sun is going to freeze us, global famine, snow in July, people frozen in the streets,, no crops,, get a grip boys, life goes on no matter what,,,

Now back to your regularly scheduled fear and loathing

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, some folks are restricting their movement, except on their keyboard. That's apparently all the exercise they get, so it becomes redundant and boring to those with less restrictions, or other opinions! The only solution is to ignore.:D

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With 90,000 people dead in the USA from the virus its hard to believe so many just want to head to the bars and party. God gave us a brain and common sense. I say let the fools gather and die. I'll be home where I belong. Cutting brush and keeping busy doing whatever it takes to stay healthy and protect my family.
For me its not politics its not dieing.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
With 90,000 people dead in the USA from the virus its hard to believe so many just want to head to the bars and party. God gave us a brain and common sense. I say let the fools gather and die. I'll be home where I belong. Cutting brush and keeping busy doing whatever it takes to stay healthy and protect my family.
Check the stats on who is dying of the illness. It's NOT the bar goers.

Under 30, you are more likely to drown than succumb to the Wuhan pneumonia.

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
Perhaps what we are experiencing in here is a picture of how America has divided. We have a group that keeps politicians at a distance because they realize that the politician pool has been polluted for many years. And, they also know that getting elected is no guarantee of their absolute genius in all things medical. This group also tends to listen to those people who are out in the world doing their daily jobs and have actual experience in dealing with this illness.
The other group has been acclimated to the idea that politicians and political appointees are really the only experts who can be trusted to guide us by the hand through our lives and protect us. This group tends to live humble lives because they think that they, by obeying these politicians and political appointees, have no responsibilities for themselves. They remain blameless for world events in this submission.
At the end of it all, when November rolls around; we'll see which group is larger.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
What about the people that want to head to work? Church? Be with family? Are they fools too that you wish to let them gather and die?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When it will end?
Just like the common Asian Influenza, never. The infection and mortality rate will drop with advances in treatment and possibly a vaccine, but it will always be there waiting to infect the unprepared.

Consequently, the 'New Normal' isn't the 'old normal' and will never be.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
I ran to the hardware store yesterday, seems people have said to hell with it and they are everywhere, mostly masked, a good thing. In northern MI we get about 3 months of nice weather and its time to be outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Just like the common Asian Influenza, never. The infection and mortality rate will drop with advances in treatment and possibly a vaccine, but it will always be there waiting to infect the unprepared.
Don't forget the measles, which was nearly eliminated in this country until people that didn't think they needed to be vaccinated caused more outbreaks and deaths. Guess that didn't work out so well.
Same thing happened to a lesser extent with polio.

To me, the speed and extent that SARS-CoV-2 spread over nearly the entire globe was frightening and demonstrated just how the mobility of our population can spread a virus.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was speaking to the one grand daughter that works in the medical field, and according to her, people that passed away in the hospital, were tested to C19, and if positive they were listed as dying from C19 regardless of what the real cause was. As it turns out many of the C19 reported deaths are now being re=evaluated to show the real cause of death. Take that for what it is worth

Status
Not open for further replies.