COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
As tedious as it might be, as will all things political, determine who stands to benefit from a made-up crisis - follow the money.

We live in a world surrounded by bacteria and viruses, but since they are invisible and common; we don't panic. However, they are also not blasted 24/7 by the media in order to generate panic.

Following the logic of the way this Covid-19 is being handled, we'd all be permanently masked or living in bubbles.

But the government would have to buy them - none of us would have jobs.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sounds good to me. However, who is the government? Why you of course. me too.

Boo

Equipment
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
Well, we are supposed to be in charge of the government. We - the people - simply fund it anymore.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
With 90,000 dead its hard to believe so many think its a big conspiracy and the virus is fake.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Boo

Equipment
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
With 90,000 dead its hard to believe so many think its a big conspiracy and the virus is fake.
The virus is not fake - it is hyped well beyond its danger. It was no reason to imprison people in their homes, destroy our economy, shut down businesses, and turn governors into tyrants.

As he dust settles and accuracy is found in the results, this virus is no more dangerous than the seasonal flu.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
As we live on 30 acres we distance ourselves anyways, However, tv is tv, more garble, more viewers.
But we are not under estimating this virus, it is not on the same level as the flue virus’s,. Just remember, yes you have the right to do what you want to do, but you do not have the right to spread it to others. Thats what these freedom fighters dont understand, endangering others is not your right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
D2 brought up the issue of false positives in the various tests, (I think it was a goat and a papaya or something that tested positive). It is fairly easy to make a test inaccurate just by screwing up the chemistry, and it is important to know the limitations of a test.

The new antibody tests to see if someone has been exposed to a virus previously are more prone to give false positives and false negatives depending on what they are designed to look for. There has so far been less work done on their reliability, and manufacturers have been allowed to sell them without much supporting data, although that may end.

This seems to be a reasonable discussion of why this is so. Short answer don't rush out and assume if you test positive that you have had covid 19 and are therefore immune. Maybe yes, maybe no! :eek:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/2...dy-tests-explained-covid-19-immunity-accurate

Boo

Equipment
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
As we live on 30 acres we distance ourselves anyways, However, tv is tv, more garble, more viewers.
But we are not under estimating this virus, it is not on the same level as the flue virus’s,. Just remember, yes you have the right to do what you want to do, but you do not have the right to spread it to others. Thats what these freedom fighters dont understand, endangering others is not your right.

Everyone who feels in danger can always stay home and not work.

As history shows, all of our rights and freedoms exist because someone stood up to keep them. Each erosion of our rights occured because someone wanted to feel safe. Our rights usually die the death of a thousand cuts.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
Yea its a tough decision, for everyone, hmmm, time to dig that trench and bury some pipe for the gutter pipes to the pond, that should take me a few days.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Everyone who feels in danger can always stay home and not work.

As history shows, all of our rights and freedoms exist because someone stood up to keep them. Each erosion of our rights occured because someone wanted to feel safe. Our rights usually die the death of a thousand cuts.
Exactly what we do, but then we are retired. Well, sort of. I farm but I do that alone anyway.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
D2 brought up the issue of false positives in the various tests, (I think it was a goat and a papaya or something that tested positive). It is fairly easy to make a test inaccurate just by screwing up the chemistry, and it is important to know the limitations of a test.

The new antibody tests to see if someone has been exposed to a virus previously are more prone to give false positives and false negatives depending on what they are designed to look for. There has so far been less work done on their reliability, and manufacturers have been allowed to sell them without much supporting data, although that may end.

This seems to be a reasonable discussion of why this is so. Short answer don't rush out and assume if you test positive that you have had covid 19 and are therefore immune. Maybe yes, maybe no! :eek:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/2...dy-tests-explained-covid-19-immunity-accurate
My philosophy is 'Why chance it'....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

EXACTLY. Every news clip I see of various protesters, they all seem to have one thing in common...

Total disregard for others. Like the ones at the Michigan State Capitol building. Armed (no issue with me), in camo (no issue again) no masks and screaming at the police inches away from their faces... BIG PROBLEM WITH ME.

A grain of common sense will tell you that no mask and a crowd and screaming at someone is a recipe for transmitting Covid to an innocent party.

I'm a gun person and I exercise my right to carry, both concealed (have a CCW) and open carry because it's permitted here.

Having said that, those protesters came across to me like a bunch of idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.