COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Re: Is the sky falling?

With the vast majority of Americans being obese or overweight, it may be a bad thing to have less food available. May end up with better health.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

A quote from CTV News:

OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is urging Canadians abroad to come home while they still can, as Canada is shutting the border to non-Canadian citizens, with limited exceptions, to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Permanent Canadian residents, the immediate family members of Canadian citizens, diplomats, air crews, and U.S. citizens are still being allowed into Canada at this time. Access to Canada will be restricted beginning March 18, at 12:01 a.m. EDT.

"If you're abroad, it's time for you to come home. If you've just arrived, you must self-isolate for 14 days, and finally all Canadians as much as possible, should stay home," Trudeau said.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

Not the point really. If the Government can manipulate markets by literally shutting them down....that is not good. People need to evaluate their own risk and do what THEY want. It is called Freedom. Lest you want the Government taking over EVERYTHING. It's why they should either declare marshal law or let things be. This picking an choosing aspect is disingenuous because it's either a crisis SOOO bad that things need to shut down....or people need to be smart enough with free will to make their own decisions.

Right now I have seen no evidence that closing bars will save lives. If that were the case they would have shutdown airports completely ...if they were worried about people in confined spaces. Schools as well....why close schools if Young people are not getting this....and sure as heck are not dying from it. It just puts more strain on the economy by forcing some parents to not work so they can take care of their kids who can not be left alone at home. It's not the Government's job to keep you from getting a virus that can be 100% avoided...and 99% chance of survival.

My point is that even if something that doesn't effect you closes down....people rely on that business for their jobs.....be it producers, shippers , end sellers like bars and restaurants it effects everything. Liquor is a huge huge money maker at the point of sale. Even more so if that point of sale is a bar or restaurant.
What I highlighted is the problem. In a situation like this if people don't have the sense or desire to do what it takes to stop the rapid spread of this virus it doubles in about every 3-4 days. The ones who are stubborn and know their rights and "can handle themselves" ending up poisoning hundreds of others. That becomes an even larger problem because there will not be hospital bed for the sick.

Try not to be so selfish and worry about the government controlling your life.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lo...Nt3_DrPcIFtSuqwMdLD_8zdlH46kRxT_UjRsMY4xkFc5o

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

People should just realize that any contact or closeness where the virus could be or live should be avoided. This means staying away from everyone and place possible in order to get this under control.

Even mail and packages along with contents inside should be carefully handled or not immediately opened since the virus is known to live on surfaces for many days. I just received a package today that was ordered from Amazon yesterday, I can just imagine how many different people may have handled the contents and packaging, different carriers touching different packages, what different countries etc.... Crazy.

I feel there are a couple reasons why we didn't go into complete shutdown when the CDC realized the issue China was experiencing. On main reason is it would have caused mass hysteria and panic. Marshall law would have come into play quickly.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I know after Amy went shopping this morning for essential groceries, she came home pretty pissed about people hoarding stuff. We have to eat too she said...Least we still have 12 rolls of TP left....:D

I'm only using 2 squares at a time now....:eek:... and 'squeezing it as much as possible...:D

I see things tightening up a lot more in the coming days up to and including Martial Law. It's a matter of survival.

Sure it's going to deal a blow to the economy but the alternative is no economy. I don't like the alternative at all.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

What I find interesting is that the concentrations or 'epicenters' of Covid 19 victims are on the coasts more than in the center of the country and last time I checked, West Virginia had no reported cases.

We just had out first confirmed case in the county this morning.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME

I think you are missing a couple of key facts. Young people do get it, but mostly don't get very sick, but they can spread it to the adults at home. It is going to be a terrible strain on people whose livelihoods depend on foot traffic in the door. Closing bars prevents the faster spread of the virus. If you are stupid enough to go to the bar, catch it because it is crowded, and give it to me later in the grocery store then I require expensive medical care it affects the community as a whole. No hospital bed available for you when you fall off your tractor, because the hospitals are overwhelmed. Higher health insurance costs down the road.

Afraid it is the government's job to protect the community. Free speech is free except when someone yells fire in a crowded theater...

Here's to hoping it burns itself out with as little damage as possible.
Well said Sheepfarmer.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

I may be wrong but I believe supplies will start coming back as the demand will become less as peoples supplies stockpile.

A huge percentage of businesses especially in the small farming and service industries run on very thin margins. I feel those will suffer greatly.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

The cold or flu that kills..............

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

Those Belarus tractors are crude. I've seen some of those tires made in Poland. The look like they're 50 years old, hard rubber but no cracks in the tread length. They are stamped Made In Poland on the side of them. I think the metal castings they used was high in chromium and caused very rough castings which required about 1/4" of paint. Tractors made to be repaired where ever they gave up!

They did not go over very well in the USA because when they started importing them folks didn't like Russia, and Belarus was too close! Also, they never developed a good support system of dealers.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

They look pretty cobbly.. I see in the picture they are working a cranberry marsh. Reminds me of the early B7100 Kubota's from the front.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Dang, woke up this morning, turned on the news and realized I wasn't just having a bad dream.:eek:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

Maybe not a bad dream, but this isolation is boring. We are sorta "self" quarantined because it is the simple thing to do and there is no pressing need for us to interact with anyone. Got plenty of food and other supplies....even TP. :rolleyes:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Be thankful we don't have that single payer healthcare system Italy has. They are dropping like flies.

Never forget, open markets create competition which in turn drives innovation. When it comes to healthcare, innovation is very important.

Unless you are striving for mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.