COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Re: Is the sky falling?

Since I am recovering from shoulder rotator cuff surgery, I am "quarantined" anyway. Just sitting at home and doing nothing. Boring!! :rolleyes:
I feel your pain ol' boy, but as long as we're still around to worry about it, it's all good. That being said it sure would have been great if it held off for another couple months so we could get outside on the bike or in the boat. Right now if you're outside and you're not moving it's just too dang cold to be enjoyable.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

OK enough is enough,, the SOBs have closed the STATE liquor stores now Im really upset:mad:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

For me, closing liquor stores and even restaurants has little effect on me. We don't use either one very often. We're just non-conformist!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

For me, closing liquor stores and even restaurants has little effect on me. We don't use either one very often. We're just non-conformist!
I read your post on the other forum as well as your link. Very informative, you should link it here as well.

Amy went shopping this morning (I didn't go) and like has been posted, no TP, little paper products, plenty of paper napkins (until people figure out you can wipe with a napkin...:eek:), no chicken, no pork but plenty of packaged Brats which I'm good with. Plenty of sports drinks and pop. No water in gallon jugs. Little bread but there was out brand because it's expensive so Amy bought 2 loaves. Over all, she got what we required. No kitty litter either but she does Chewy so they can deliver it along with the 'minions' food.

I suspect at some point in the very near future, Martial Law will be imposed because people are acting irrationally. Typical however.

In today's society, the apple cart gets jiggled and all hell breaks loose.

Hang in there, it's all good for those that prepare. For those that don't, I have no comment.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

OK enough is enough,, the SOBs have closed the STATE liquor stores now Im really upset:mad:
Drink 'squeeze' or Aqua-Velva or Lavoris. Will leave you with fresh breath and stoned too.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Hope you've stocked up! I haven't lived in PA for 40 years now, but I remember the peculiar hours for State liquor stores in State College. Whole thing struck me as odd but I'd come from out West.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Plenty of booze at Kroger this AM but I bet it flies off the shelf this afternoon. Our whitless governor just ordered all bars and beaneries closed except for carryout.

I have a couple gallons of very hard apple jack here...

Bars don't do carryout, it's illegal.:eek:

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington

Not the point really. If the Government can manipulate markets by literally shutting them down....that is not good. People need to evaluate their own risk and do what THEY want. It is called Freedom. Lest you want the Government taking over EVERYTHING. It's why they should either declare marshal law or let things be. This picking an choosing aspect is disingenuous because it's either a crisis SOOO bad that things need to shut down....or people need to be smart enough with free will to make their own decisions.

Right now I have seen no evidence that closing bars will save lives. If that were the case they would have shutdown airports completely ...if they were worried about people in confined spaces. Schools as well....why close schools if Young people are not getting this....and sure as heck are not dying from it. It just puts more strain on the economy by forcing some parents to not work so they can take care of their kids who can not be left alone at home. It's not the Government's job to keep you from getting a virus that can be 100% avoided...and 99% chance of survival.

My point is that even if something that doesn't effect you closes down....people rely on that business for their jobs.....be it producers, shippers , end sellers like bars and restaurants it effects everything. Liquor is a huge huge money maker at the point of sale. Even more so if that point of sale is a bar or restaurant.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

Yes, the fact is that many folk's jobs are being wiped out through no fault of their own. It ain't like a restaurant waiter or cook can work from their home.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Yes, the fact is that many folk's jobs are being wiped out through no fault of their own. It ain't like a restaurant waiter or cook can work from their home.
Yeah, we are having jobs shutdown as companies are going to essential personal only inside their gates. Other jobs are being postponed while owners wait and see what happens.

It is hurting more than just the cooks. Yet, that is always the balancing act of any pandemic: Control the outbreak-protect the economy-don't overwhelm the medical system.

It is hard to balance those three in a society that likes to do whatever they want to do with little regard to others.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

TORONTO (AP) -- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he is closing his country's borders to anyone not a citizen or a permanent resident amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trudeau announced the move Monday outside his residence, where is self isolating after his wife tested positive for the new coronavirus.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

TORONTO (AP) -- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he is closing his country's borders to anyone not a citizen or a permanent resident amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trudeau announced the move Monday outside his residence, where is self isolating after his wife tested positive for the new coronavirus.
Sounds like a very good plan. Hope his wife recovers.

I think Trump should do the same here and soon.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Yeah, we are having jobs shutdown as companies are going to essential personal only inside their gates. Other jobs are being postponed while owners wait and see what happens.

It is hurting more than just the cooks. Yet, that is always the balancing act of any pandemic: Control the outbreak-protect the economy-don't overwhelm the medical system.

It is hard to balance those three in a society that likes to do whatever they want to do with little regard to others.
People are about to learn a painful (for some) lesson in economics and supply chain economics especially.

Only reason there is/was a TP shortage is greed and not caring for anyone else, same with masks, not that they do any good, because they really don't. The' 'Ill buy as much as I can because I can afford to and hell with anyone else' is a very bad attitude all around.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Not the point really. If the Government can manipulate markets by literally shutting them down....that is not good. People need to evaluate their own risk and do what THEY want. It is called Freedom. Lest you want the Government taking over EVERYTHING. It's why they should either declare marshal law or let things be. This picking an choosing aspect is disingenuous because it's either a crisis SOOO bad that things need to shut down....or people need to be smart enough with free will to make their own decisions.

Right now I have seen no evidence that closing bars will save lives. If that were the case they would have shutdown airports completely ...if they were worried about people in confined spaces. Schools as well....why close schools if Young people are not getting this....and sure as heck are not dying from it. It just puts more strain on the economy by forcing some parents to not work so they can take care of their kids who can not be left alone at home. It's not the Government's job to keep you from getting a virus that can be 100% avoided...and 99% chance of survival.

My point is that even if something that doesn't effect you closes down....people rely on that business for their jobs.....be it producers, shippers , end sellers like bars and restaurants it effects everything. Liquor is a huge huge money maker at the point of sale. Even more so if that point of sale is a bar or restaurant.
I think you are missing a couple of key facts. Young people do get it, but mostly don't get very sick, but they can spread it to the adults at home. It is going to be a terrible strain on people whose livelihoods depend on foot traffic in the door. Closing bars prevents the faster spread of the virus. If you are stupid enough to go to the bar, catch it because it is crowded, and give it to me later in the grocery store then I require expensive medical care it affects the community as a whole. No hospital bed available for you when you fall off your tractor, because the hospitals are overwhelmed. Higher health insurance costs down the road.

Afraid it is the government's job to protect the community. Free speech is free except when someone yells fire in a crowded theater...

Here's to hoping it burns itself out with as little damage as possible.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

From what I'm seeing it's still open the US citizens as well.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I think you are missing a couple of key facts. Young people do get it, but mostly don't get very sick, but they can spread it to the adults at home. It is going to be a terrible strain on people whose livelihoods depend on foot traffic in the door. Closing bars prevents the faster spread of the virus. If you are stupid enough to go to the bar, catch it because it is crowded, and give it to me later in the grocery store then I require expensive medical care it affects the community as a whole. No hospital bed available for you when you fall off your tractor, because the hospitals are overwhelmed. Higher health insurance costs down the road.

Afraid it is the government's job to protect the community. Free speech is free except when someone yells fire in a crowded theater...

Here's to hoping it burns itself out with as little damage as possible.
Really, could have fooled me. Close the colleges and what do they do.. They all go to the bars and celebrate (CROWD). duh.

I agree, the younger you are the less chance of getting in real bad, but get it, still do and spread it, sure do...

Why they closed the bars. To curb the transmission rate. So get it? I don't think so.

It'a all about what 'makes me feel good' and pizz on everyone else.

Far as burning itself out, maybe but, at what cost in lives and how will it impact the economy long haul? No one really knows. Not you, not me.

Having said that you are in the same boat as I am so be very careful.

I smell even stronger sanctions coming, much stronger. It's going to come down to the survival of the fittest and the best prepared. Pardon the tinfoil hat analogy.;)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

It has been known for quite some time now that the US has about 3 weeks of food supply in the chain. That JIT manufacturing is great for inventory, it is terrible for storage.

Knowing there is only a 3 week food supply in the country, I really wonder why more people are not more prepared - SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.